Remove this Banner Ad

Carnarvon Police probably took the report on the day it occurred and sent a unit out, hence probably why the family were late to arrive at the blowholes.
I'd wonder if a further break in occurred whilst the family as at the blowholes during the search, and hence only just discovered upon their return?
If so, they'd also be looking to see if any of Cleo's stuff required for her continued care was missing.
In a way I hope so, as this would be a good indicator that she's alive and well.
I'd imagine that every follower of their social media accounts are being scrutinised to find a possible fixated person with the means, motivation and opportunity to of abducted Cleo

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
Maybe I read it wrong, but I thought the break in occurred the week before they went camping (not a week before now).

But also, good point about a possible subsequent break in that may have been discovered upon return.

Last edited:
May seem a little suss, but now that they have left the camp site and pretty much declared it an 'abduction' they are obviously following up leads that pertain to this line of investigation. To me searching the home would be an obvious line of investigation at some point, even just to rule it out. The house may have been searched before, but not with a fine 'toothed comb'. They are obviously looking for something/fingerprints outside which may indicate stalking. Article says they are not searching inside the house.
Searching the house as a matter of course - absolutely. However, suddenly doing it as a result of new information about a break in two weeks ago (a week before going camping) - seems odd to me. Did the parents not share this information sooner or did police not follow it up when it was mentioned?

Searching the house as a matter of course - absolutely. However, suddenly doing it as a result of new information about a break in two weeks ago (a week before going camping) - seems odd to me. Did the parents not share this information sooner or did police not follow it up when it was mentioned?
No shade but maybe it was something they have not reported for one reason or another and have only just opened up.

Happens everywhere unfortunately. Caravan parks are a thieve's paradise.

Surfboards, fishing gear, bikes, camping gear, you name it. Same as beach carparks. Never put your spare key anywhere near vehicle, might be someone watching. Get a blank key that opens the door and lock your electronic keys inside the car.

Security of your gear is always a challenge when camping.

I won a top of the range Coleman tent in a raffle many years ago and the better half bought a few older versions of these locks, for her piece of mind mainly.
At the end of the day, it's just a tent, these locks simply prevent snooping possums from coming in looking for food, not serial killers - although they may have prevented little Cleo's disappearance..

For outside items, aside from chain locks for the kids bikes, I didn't bother - but my oldest son (10yo at the time) used to set-up a few simple trip wire traps (he learnt at Cubs) mainly around our outdoor BBQ, Esky and furniture, which we thought was hilarious. Then during one of our camping excursions there was a big ruckus outside - so I leap out of the tent and spot someone running into the shadows, he/she stole one of our fold-up chairs. Assume they would of stolen a lot more if they hadn't of 'tripped'...
Quick check of what's important - my beer was still in the Esky, so I thought enjoy your chair idiot..!

Tent lock.jpg

Last edited:
AFAIK it has not been verified that their house was broken into, rumor only. Can any one verify this break-in??

mentions break in here "possible"

mentions break in here "possible"
'It is understood they are investigating the possibility of a break-in.' I wonder why they think there was a break in??

'It is understood they are investigating the possibility of a break-in.' I wonder why they think there was a break in??

The police there is after the parents got home from the Blowholes presumably? They might have reported something missing.

If this is the first time police have been at their property, it doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah i would be looking closely at any footage from any of the stops they made nearby like the petrol station.

The investigators are obviously just covering every aspect they can.

Further to previous posts, I still suspect the perpetrator is someone that indirectly knows the family - a relation/friend of someone the mother work's with, a mate of a mate the step-father plays sport with or buys his weed from etc.

An opportunist, brazen sicko at the camp-sight, while possible, I suggest is less likely...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The break-in may have happened after someone local found out they were away camping, possibly via the news. Horrible thing to do but we know there are people out there that might take advantage of a situation.

Lovely - your daughter get's abducted/is missing and when you get home, it's been ransacked with your TV and related items stolen..! - although I believe this is only a Fakebook type rumour at this stage...

I am genuinely confused as to when the break in happened. I had the impression it was before they went away but was it while they were away?

Where is there any report about an alleged break in though?

Seems like a real big reach to me that someone might have stalked the family and then followed them to a camp site. imo police have nothing and are getting desperate for clues.
My thoughts too! I know those think it sounds unlikely but opportunists find a way. Where following someone so far to abduct a child seems harder to me.

1 interesting post mentions colouring in books.
This might be a good guess at how a kidnapper could keep a 4 year old quite for awhile.
I wonder if any Carnarvon newsagents remember anyone purchasing a stock of them recently?
Is this a joke?

You abduct a four year old child in the middle of the night and you think a colouring book is gonna keep them quiet!?!?

Unless the kid knows her abductor there’s no amount of colouring books gonna stop that child screaming for their mother, surely.

I can understand the police covering all bases by dusting for fingerprints - they'd be crucified if something came up later to link it to the house and they hadn't done it.

However, I can't imagine a situation where someone who became infatuated with a child would then decide that stealing the child from a tent whilst sleeping basically next to her parents, with other campers around, would be their best opportunity to take her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Abduction of 4yo Blowholes Shacks WA *Terence Kelly Convicted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back