Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

It is this effectiveness that we should rate him on, and not the 46 disposals games where nobody is on him. (Rd 4 2009).

Luke Hodge says hi. :eek:

Yet you have a pivotal point from this thread in your signature.

Lol was waiting for this!! It is just in case you bump your Anti Judd threads in future. See you completely own yourself you nimrod. Go through your Threads that you have started and see the Judd ones, then read my signature.

No body gives a crap what you say.

awjeeznotthisshitagain.jpg

Please guys, don't feed the troll.

Let's say they deserve it.

Does it really mean that the player is instantly a better player because he is on weaker opposition?

Ablett plays on weaker opposition more often than not. When he does get the best tag, his effectiveness is diminished.

It is this effectiveness that we should rate him on, and not the 46 disposals games where nobody is on him. (Rd 4 2009).
15 professional coaches fail to see that with a tag ablett ain't a champ player no more. but you do. are you really norm smith?

I doubt Kangaroos supporters will rate Carey's game on Andy Gowers (a half-back flanker) as impressive as the QF he played on Chris Langford (a champion defender).

Even if he did dominate the game more in the first instance.

It's very much about your opponent.

You're right, Carey just moved down 5 spots in my all time rankings.

Until he consistently gets the No.1 tagger.

Yet in another thread you label Leigh Matthews as the AFL's Don Bradman. How many taggers were running around in the 70's and 80's? :confused:

I doubt Kangaroos supporters will rate Carey's game on Andy Gowers (a half-back flanker) as impressive as the QF he played on Chris Langford (a champion defender).

Even if he did dominate the game more in the first instance.

It's very much about your opponent.
Such a great defender he had 9 goals kicked on him in a grand final. :eek:

Yet in another thread you label Leigh Matthews as the AFL's Don Bradman. How many taggers were running around in the 70's and 80's? :confused:
More to the point, how many players weren't running around with a beer & cigarette in their hands back in the Lethal/thug era?

In today's game it's more about how fit you are to succeed in the competition... Back in Leigh's days it was more about how many beers you could chug back.

Working beautifully gents :D It's like vintage Claw on Bay 13.

By the way Podgey, how does Hodge go on the number 1 tagger? Sure, he plays well when Mathew Stokes, our least defensive forward, is on him, but how does he go when, I dunno, Cameron Ling tags him?

By the way Podgey, how does Hodge go on the number 1 tagger? Sure, he plays well when Mathew Stokes, our least defensive forward, is on him, but how does he go when, I dunno, Cameron Ling tags him?

Prepare for some Hodgepodge 'stats'

Unless he does his usual disapearing act once he has been owned 100 times in his threads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stokes' role was to get away from Hodge and kick goals on him. So his job wasn't to tag Hodge. That was Rooke's. In the end, none of them were able to stop Hodge being the dominant player on the ground.

Even with OP this year Hodge did prety well in the midfield.

The game against Ling was poor, but he did well against other taggers like Kane Cornes for example.

TAB Sportsbet said:
"What we saw this year was teams basically concede he was going to get X number of possessions and just let him run free and focus on stopping other Geelong players."

I think the debate is over when even Sportsbet is onto it.

Ablett doesn't get much attention.

And for those Geelong supporters that say he doesn't get tagged because he's untaggable we have the fact that he hasn't had a 30 touch game against a premier tagger this year.

:eek:

And for those Geelong supporters that say he doesn't get tagged because he's untaggable we have the fact that he hasn't had a 30 touch game against a premier tagger this year.

OK so he was tagged by a premier tagger?

You've stated before that Ablett's stats mean very little when assesing his games.

So why do they mean so much now when you're using them to boost your argument?

You've stated before that Ablett's stats mean very little when assesing his games.

So why do they mean so much now when you're using them to boost your argument?

They obviously indicate something. If you want a figure I'd say 30-40% of his possessions are junk. Obviously 40% of 25 is less than 40% of 45.

It's established fact now that Ablett doesn't get tagged. Both tv and print media have mentioned it, and now the betting agencies.

What HAS been established is that Hodge can't handle a tag when he goes into the guts.

The difference between Ablett and Hodge when tagged in the midfield is about 20 quality possesions

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back