Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodge 12 disposals, 1 goal in the first half against Geelong before Ling went to Mitchell.

So double that you obviously have him at 24 disposals, 2 goals... which in a post earlier on from last year about Ablett, you tell us those sort of stats are not "rated"... So Hodge doesn't rate?

So double that you obviously have him at 24 disposals, 2 goals... which in a post earlier on from last year about Ablett, you tell us those sort of stats are not "rated"... So Hodge doesn't rate?

You don't count Ablett's possessions to rate his game. He had 34 possies last night and sucked balls.

Re: Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag

Sorry podgey, but I can never have a proper discussion with you if you're going to blatantly lie. It degrades both of us.

I admitted that Aaron Joseph was probably a No.1 tag for Ablett. Andrew Welsh got him last night, and again Ablett was just alright. This is how you are supposed to rate players. By the games they play when they're getting attention.

He had a good last quarter, yes.

Given best on ground by both coaches.

I admitted that Aaron Joseph was probably a No.1 tag for Ablett. Andrew Welsh got him last night, and again Ablett was just alright. This is how you are supposed to rate players. By the games they play when they're getting attention.

Shows how good the guy is if he can get 34 touches (14 kicks and 20 handballs) @ 74% efficiency and 8 clearances while tagged, yet his game is only "just alright".

Shows how good the guy is if he can get 34 touches (14 kicks and 20 handballs) @ 74% efficiency and 8 clearances while tagged, yet his game is only "just alright".

No, it just shows how useless his possessions are.

Ablett and Chris Masten are the only two players I've seen get over 30 disposals and still not rack up 100 SuperCoach points. Bryce Gibbs almost did it on the weekend as well.

Zero impact.

Ablett and Chris Masten are the only two players I've seen get over 30 disposals and still not rack up 100 SuperCoach points. Bryce Gibbs almost did it on the weekend as well.

Zero impact.

hey, at least he gets them forward of center, unlike your namesake

hey, at least he gets them forward of center, unlike your namesake

lol, welcome to 2005.

If Tablett gets them forward of centre, they probably end up backwards of centre. Doesn't get a lot of metres gained.

I think his stat-whoring has to be due mostly to selfishness. He's probably one of the most greedy footballers I've ever seen. When he had hair he would always whinge when somebody didn't give him the ball, even when they were actually in better position and had just kicked a goal.

Stat whoring is good for Supercoach though. Well, most of the time.

Zero impact.

I guess two frees against and none for would bump his score down a bit. Hodge doesn't have to worry about that though. The league leader in frees for picked up another couple, and didn't concede any. And people think Gaz is the umpire's pet. :eek:

lol, welcome to 2005.

If Tablett gets them forward of centre, they probably end up backwards of centre. Doesn't get a lot of metres gained.

8 inside 50s last night, hodge could only manage 5 despite running free without a tag (as usual)

also, on abletts sc score (lol) he gets a very tough run from the umps, giving away frees that often bump down his score, kind of like buddy actually

lol, welcome to 2005.

That would explain why Ablett had 8 inside 50's last night, equal most on the ground with Kelly and 3 more than Hodge had in Tassie yesterday.

I guess two frees against you and none for would bump his score down a bit. Hodge doesn't have to worry about that though. The league leader in frees for picked up another couple, and didn't concede any. And people think Gaz is the umpire's pet. :eek:

It's hard to get a free when nobody's within 15 metres of you.

I don't think blaming the umpires for Tablett's woefulness is the way to go. Getting a tagger is probably what did it. Makes you wonder if teams are finally starting to bother tagging him now.

Hodge is the leading centre square player in the league at the moment, so the umpires will always watch for the scraggers and Lloyd wannabes looking to take his head off. He's in good company in this stat with other burrowers like Cross and Swallow.

Tablett's more of a periphery player . Waits for the mudlarks like Bartel to crash in then scoops up a loose ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would explain why Ablett had 8 inside 50's last night, equal most on the ground with Kelly and 3 more than Hodge had in Tassie yesterday.

No, but it would explain why for all his possession he doesn't rate in the Top metres gained in the Age.

What a surprise this thread was deemed to be Hawthorn. Wyhat's more surprising is it was from such a high standing OP :rolleyes:.

So when Welsh, Ling and Smith smash Hodge, that's when we really judge him?

I have made a couple of observations this year that as of yet have gone unchallenged even by Geelong fans.

So you don't rate Ablett? The players do and have done so for three straight years. You don't represent a challenge therefore your irrelevant assertions quite rightly have been ignored by fans of the AFL's powerhouse.

regards,

REB

Only Smith has really beaten Hodge this year, but Hodge has beaten several other taggers. Gets the best tag every week and still comes out on top.

And these best tags are who exactly?

Here we see Hodge kicking a magnificent goal of the year contender all the while being extremely hard tagged by the fearsome...

[YOUTUBE]_74OURaQD4Q[/YOUTUBE]

Brent Reilly... Has anyone even heard of him before? :rolleyes:

posting for hodgepodge

hodge again showed he can handle a tag unlike ablett, despite being injured and underdone he was still forced to play but out of position as he is so valuable and was quiet for 3 quarters. As you can see in the last quarter when things turned ugly, clarko had no option but to put hodge in the guts where he ended up dominating and won the game whilst under the hard tag of welsh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back