List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand unless there's an official statement, everything is all speculation and conjecture. So just putting it out there to "test the reliablity of my mate" (who is a GC official, I won't say who) told me some interesting info over the weekend.

1. Gary has already signed but it won't be released until after the season

2. Wednesday 21 July, GCFC will be announced as the Gold Coast Suns

3. They're pushing for a Round 1 clash vs Brisbane at the GABBA

Like I said, until anything is official it's all speculation. Just putting it out there. I think my mate is talking shit, but bookmark this anyway incase I'm right or wrong.

Geez what a scoop! (in bold above) This is the worst kept secret in AFL.

Whilst I think Gary is going to the Gold Coast, I dont believe he would be signed. I honestly believe that Gary will wait until the end of the season so he can concentrate on winning games of football with Geelong.

I can't believe there's people that still think that there hasn't been a decision made yet, not to mention ages ago and that plenty of people don't know about it.

Personally I think he's likely to go. But no matter what he may or may not have told the GC, he is a contracted player to the GFC and as such cannot legally enter into any binding agreement with another club for his services. Until he is out of contract with us and signs to GC, he is not certain to go.
A lot can change between now and then, both good and bad.
He has said that his decision will be made at the end of the season. Then we will know.
Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

Personally I think he's likely to go. But no matter what he may or may not have told the GC, he is a contracted player to the GFC and as such cannot legally enter into any binding agreement with another club for his services. Until he is out of contract with us and signs to GC, he is not certain to go.
A lot can change between now and then, both good and bad.
He has said that his decision will be made at the end of the season. Then we will know.
Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit.

But my brothers mate from schools girlfriend's house cleaner once dated David Mensch so I know for a fact he's leaving! :D

I can't believe there's people that still think that there hasn't been a decision made yet, not to mention ages ago and that plenty of people don't know about it.

Yep. I am with you on that.

I think that there is about as much chance of me waking up in bed with Adriana Lima under one arm and Miranda Kerr under the other, as there is of Ablett playing for the Cats in 2011.

I understand unless there's an official statement, everything is all speculation and conjecture. So just putting it out there to "test the reliablity of my mate" (who is a GC official, I won't say who) told me some interesting info over the weekend.

1. Gary has already signed but it won't be released until after the season

2. Wednesday 21 July, GCFC will be announced as the Gold Coast Suns

3. They're pushing for a Round 1 clash vs Brisbane at the GABBA

Like I said, until anything is official it's all speculation. Just putting it out there. I think my mate is talking shit, but bookmark this anyway incase I'm right or wrong.

Your mate is talking bollocks , Gc nickname , colours will be announced on the 22nd , and Gary has'nt signed anything , from a very very good source.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your mate is a GC official why would he make that up, unless he isn't in a position to actually know and is just playing funny buggers with you? When you say 'official' are you talking about a paid employee of the GC Football Club and likely to know what players they would have signed?
He's actually an ex AFL player - and really high up. I don't want to mention names.

And for those taking the p1ss out of me:

[YOUTUBE]b4WlJRXdU5w[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think so...It's not actual club payments.

I don't think it matters if the club pays the money or not.

Otherwise the club would just be able to arrange for rich supporters to pay players outside of the cap, rendering the salary cap useless. I am almost positive that the AFL has rules against this sort of stuff.

Your mate is talking bollocks , Gc nickname , colours will be announced on the 22nd , and Gary has'nt signed anything , from a very very good source.

The thing everyone tends to overlook is that GAJ can't sign anything legally enforceable as he's under contract to GFC.
Now he may well have written on a napkin somewhere at a meeting with GC officials that it is his intention to play with GC next year and beyond, but it would be legally meaningless, so why would he?
Maybe he has? Maybe he hasn't? Either way...until this year and all it's trials and tribulations play out, nobody, not even Gary himself, knows what he will do when his pen is poised over a contract from GC, GFC or both. Personally I'm not optimistic about him staying, but it is one thing to say and think "I'm gonna leave the club I grew up in, all my mates, my home and the team I won (at least) 2 flags with to play in a start-up side with a bunch of kids, with pretty much all the pressure on me to both perform and be a dancing bear for the media", but it's another thing entirely to actually make the decision.
I think the club has made it abundantly clear that (a) they want him to stay,
but (b) it has to be because he wants to, and buys in to the Geelong Way, and not just because we won a bidding war.

The thing everyone tends to overlook is that GAJ can't sign anything legally enforceable as he's under contract to GFC.
Now he may well have written on a napkin somewhere at a meeting with GC officials that it is his intention to play with GC next year and beyond, but it would be legally meaningless, so why would he?
Maybe he has? Maybe he hasn't? Either way...until this year and all it's trials and tribulations play out, nobody, not even Gary himself, knows what he will do when his pen is poised over a contract from GC, GFC or both. Personally I'm not optimistic about him staying, but it is one thing to say and think "I'm gonna leave the club I grew up in, all my mates, my home and the team I won (at least) 2 flags with to play in a start-up side with a bunch of kids, with pretty much all the pressure on me to both perform and be a dancing bear for the media", but it's another thing entirely to actually make the decision.
but (b) it has to be because he wants to, and buys in to the Geelong Way, and not just because we won a bidding war.
Ok, not me that's saying it it's him. So if he's talking shit he's talking shit.

Now for MY OPINION:

I really didn't care to be honest. I'm personally over the GAJ saga.

I think that there is about as much chance of me waking up in bed with Adriana Lima under one arm and Miranda Kerr under the other, as there is of Ablett playing for the Cats in 2011.

Look mate.

You keep saying this. And I'm becoming sick of it.

Because if Gaz stays I'm going to have to become your new best friend ;)

If Gary was being paid $7m specifically to stay at Geelong, wouldn't this amount have to be included under the salary cap?

I know that one of the daughters is reputed to be contesting the Will. The basis of that I'm not sure. However, wasn't the story about $7m reportedly left to the club if Gaz stayed proven to be just wild press speculation? There was a story in one of the tissues in the last week that in reality Alex had left the club $250,000 and the club was most appreciative of that sum.

Had the $7m been true I bet Gaz would really have been pissed off about his decision to run around for the Suns.:eek:

I remember the AFL admitting that there was a loop hole that meant the Gold Coast could have signed players at the end of last year.

Found it........

AFL rules preclude Gold Coast from reaching any binding arrangement with current players during the 2010 season ... but that doesn't mean the fledgling club isn't already holding commitments.

As contradictory as it sounds, Gold Coast is understood to have exploited a previously unknown avenue of opportunity between seasons.

More precisely, between the end of the 2009 season and the 2010 pre-season draft (December 15 last year).
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/door-left-open-for-gold-coast/story-e6frf9jf-1225831114726

When was Gary caught talking to the Gold Coast? Early December, just before December 15.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2009/12/08/129615_news.html

I don't think he has signed during this time but the timing of the meeting wasn't great. I still think he will make his decision at the end of the year and unfortunately I cant see it being with Geelong. Geelong's offer hasn't changed in over 12 months and it wont change before the end of the year so if he wants to stay he would have.

If it comes out that he did sign last year, he wouldn't want to play against us at Skilled Stadium next year!

Personally I'm not optimistic about him staying, but it is one thing to say and think "I'm gonna leave the club I grew up in, all my mates, my home and the team I won (at least) 2 flags with to play in a start-up side with a bunch of kids, with pretty much all the pressure on me to both perform and be a dancing bear for the media", but it's another thing entirely to actually make the decision.

i know lebron left to win a championship for less money but he still left his home, team and i guess mates. id never have guessed he would.

i agree with you on points a and b.

Gold Coast Shitfish

gold coast bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back