List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put this logo in tank. Trick Paul (even though he's quite smart). Win.

catslogo09.jpg

I heard this rumour about a month ago. Would be nice if it was true. I must say given what Popescu has done for this club it would not surprise me in the least if this rumour had some legs in it, he has saved the club before, maybe he is going to do it again.

Yep, that rumour has done the rounds in Geelong. And yes, our departed friend Alex is the name being touted as the generous donor.

He'd go to the gold coast for sure.

I used to go squid fishing with my grandad and they would always take the line with the red squid jig on.

The octopus picked Germany until it came up against Spain, who has more red in it's flag.

This isn't quite right (Paul correctly picked Serbia, who won) but are right on the red on the flags. Serbia has marginally more red in its flag with all the other flags either equal or less amounts of red. Good pickup.

I hopefully speak for the majority of cats supporters here.. i think that if gary stays on the basis of 7 million dollars he may as well go to the gold coast as he is just in it for the money.. on the other hand of he stays and the club gets 7 million than everyone wins. Honestly if the club got 7 million i would prefer that whether he stays or goes.

I hopefully speak for the majority of cats supporters here.. i think that if gary stays on the basis of 7 million dollars he may as well go to the gold coast as he is just in it for the money.. on the other hand of he stays and the club gets 7 million than everyone wins. Honestly if the club got 7 million i would prefer that whether he stays or goes.

Agreed...I think the whole thing is a moot point as it's a ridiculous codicile to an estate from someone who was clearly a very smart man.
Any player who would accept 10 times what the next best player at a club is getting would be a cancer on the culture of the club.
I truly hope Gary stays but the simple fact is, we don't know yet. Signs aren't good, obviously, but there ya go. I'm just hoping we can win in 2010 with GAJ.
Come finals time, nobody in the club will give a rats tossbag if he comes or goes as long as he plays as well as we know he can.

This morning (16 July 2010) 3AW reported the $7M bequest story in its news, elevating the story from "rumour" to "fact".

It's not fact

The contents of Mr Popescu's will, and whether Geelong Football Club is a named beneficiary, remain unknown: probate is yet to be granted, owing to the dispute over the estate

link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The $7m is an unsavoury story to say the least. Quite a messy business if it is true, if it not true you have to wonder why anyone would make up a story about another person’s will.

I find the whole thing bizarre.

If anyone connected with Geelong is accepting money from the will, it should go towards a lasting legacy like player development or welfare in the Geelong area, better facilities for players/coaches, cheap tickets for those who can’t afford to attend matches or an indigenous programme like the tigers have.

I love Ablett as much as the next obsessive supporter but this is ridiculous.

The $7m is an unsavoury story to say the least. Quite a messy business if it is true, if it not true you have to wonder why anyone would make up a story about another person’s will.

Um ... because everyone will talk about it? Which they in fact are? Don't underestimate the attraction of attention for some people.

I bleed blue and white but if I died and had a lazy 7 million to leave in my will it would go to one of the bazillion trillion good causes that are more important than Gary f&^%ing Ablett.

Show some respect.

If this is true (in any form) then you have to respect to Alex.

It's the last will and testament

You don't get second chances when you pass away. If it's what he wanted then it deserves complete respect. Whether you'd do it differently is irrelevant.

I bleed blue and white but if I died and had a lazy 7 million to leave in my will it would go to one of the bazillion trillion good causes that are more important than Gary f&^%ing Ablett.

Exactly, which renders the rumour as complete bollock. Alex Popescu was an astute businessman, not an idiot. He was also a supporter of the club first and foremost, not of any individual player. Anyone who would waste such a huge amount on an undeserving, money-hungry individual would need to have their head read. I can think of at least a dozen players who deserve a pay rise more than Mr Ablett.

I understand unless there's an official statement, everything is all speculation and conjecture. So just putting it out there to "test the reliablity of my mate" (who is a GC official, I won't say who) told me some interesting info over the weekend.

1. Gary has already signed but it won't be released until after the season

2. Wednesday 21 July, GCFC will be announced as the Gold Coast Suns

3. They're pushing for a Round 1 clash vs Brisbane at the GABBA

Like I said, until anything is official it's all speculation. Just putting it out there. I think my mate is talking shit, but bookmark this anyway incase I'm right or wrong.

I understand unless there's an official statement, everything is all speculation and conjecture. So just putting it out there to "test the reliablity of my mate" (who is a GC official, I won't say who) told me some interesting info over the weekend.

Like I said, until anything is official it's all speculation. Just putting it out there. I think my mate is talking shit, but bookmark this anyway incase I'm right or wrong.

If your mate is a GC official why would he make that up, unless he isn't in a position to actually know and is just playing funny buggers with you? When you say 'official' are you talking about a paid employee of the GC Football Club and likely to know what players they would have signed?

...but you thought you'd disseminate it anyway? :rolleyes:

No-one knows...close case!

...but you thought you'd disseminate it anyway? :rolleyes:

No-one knows...close case!

I can't believe there's people that still think that there hasn't been a decision made yet, not to mention ages ago and that plenty of people don't know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back