List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This reminds me of another sports star that recently left his hometown......

I would brace youself for the worse, sadly.

Although there's some speculation here about Nathan making the 2011 GC list, I'm tipping his name will be just under Ablett.G.;)

GCFC coach Guy McKenna said Ablett, 24, had shown a renewed interest in the game and seemed intent on resurrecting his AFL career after returning from a trip to Geelong where he sorted out some personal issues

Haven't we heard than many times before ?

Haven't we heard than many times before ?

Nathan Ablett will surely never play AFL again. If he can walk out on the Premiers, where his brother was living/playing at the peak of their powers, how long do you reckon he'd hang around on the GC? Think he'd stick out the hard times that will inevitably be there?
If GC list/play him in 2011, they are inept, insane and unworthy of any shred of credibility.
See above for K. Hunt as well...

Perhaps Gaz is waiting to see what happens with Nathan before he decides. The change of timing on a decision from mid season to end of season coincides with another down time for NAB. The money is surely neither here nor there, both offers are very good and how much difference does an extra $2 - 300k make when you are getting at least $1.2M.

The pull of family is large (speaking from my own experience) and NAB seems to be in need of support still according to the latest article. Gaz has shown his family loyalty in the past so it wouldn't surprise me if the contracting of NAB by the GC Scums is a significant factor in his decision, and hence the delay.

Hopefully it is and NAB decides that AFL is still not for him. Either way GFC will survive and prosper.

GARY- HEED THESE WORDS:

McKenna said had Ablett not been a key position player, the GCFC may not have persevered with him.

"If he was a midfielder, like some of the boys we've already had to tell, their chances of playing for us are fairly slim," McKenna said.

"Nathan as you can see, as far as tall forwards there's Charlie Dixon, Rory Thompson and then name me another one - we dont have any.

You're going to have NOBODY to kick it to, except for a bumbling rugby reject...

Was just watching Sports Tonight and they said that Gary Ablett in the Gold Coast Guernsey was used in the presentation tonight!!! WTF is going on in the AFL when this can happen not once, but twice...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully that song helps Gaz decide to stay.
Not to mention playing every week in the most uninspiring jumper the league will ever see (until GWS). I was hoping the amount of time, money and hype would see a total new look - instead the 'new' Gold Coast Suns logo and jumper look like they ran out of time and ideas.

Hi guys, I was wondering why you want to keep Ablett? I understand he is your best player but you guys have so many elite midfielders. Particularly now that the AFL has a new compensation formula and you will basically get two first round picks surely you could draft a key defeciency (maybe a forward and a defender to cover for Scarlett when he goes)?

Sure you may take a hit but I think with these two additional draft picks you could stay at the top for years and years?

He's not just the best at the club, he's the best in the league.
And most importantly he is a match winner. Not just a possession gathering midfielder.

Hi guys, I was wondering why you want to keep Ablett? I understand he is your best player but you guys have so many elite midfielders. Particularly now that the AFL has a new compensation formula and you will basically get two first round picks surely you could draft a key defeciency (maybe a forward and a defender to cover for Scarlett when he goes)?

Sure you may take a hit but I think with these two additional draft picks you could stay at the top for years and years?

I would think his impact when moved into the middle briefly against Adelaide tells you all you need to know about why we'd love to keep him.

He is the glue that binds that midfield together in my view.

Was just watching Sports Tonight and they said that Gary Ablett in the Gold Coast Guernsey was used in the presentation tonight!!! WTF is going on in the AFL when this can happen not once, but twice...

I saw that too, and was bl**dy annoyed. And then AD saying he thought the speculation about un-contracted players was all good publicity for the GCFC.:thumbsdown:

This situation sh1t5 me on so many levels.

GCFC - does that stand for Geelong Copy?

I saw that too, and was bl**dy annoyed. And then AD saying he thought the speculation about un-contracted players was all good publicity for the GCFC.:thumbsdown:

Many a true word is said in jest. Don't be surprised to hear of another Cat official packing the sunscreen and heading north post season.

So did I, and that stupid smile AD had on his face did nothing to dispel accusations that the AFL have their dirty hands deep in this matter. Very little doubt left as to where Ablett will be playing next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back