List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ablett-Gold Coast Chatter

I wasn't really making this point at all. What I was trying to convey is that it is better for instance, to know early that a loved one is dying of inoperable cancer. It gives you time to enjoy moments with that person, and steel yourself and prepare for their death - as opposed to thinking everything is normal and you have your whole life with that loved one, not saying the important things to them, not making the most of your time with them, only to have them drop dead in front of you one day without warning. The bewilderment, the loss of option to say goodbye and brace for life without them, these things will hurt you more than expected grief. It's really not about being right in this instance.
^+1 This is exactly it......at the back of everyones mind though they want him to stay and even those that say they don't care whatever happens are still going to be gutted if he does go! :(

No current Geelong player lives permanently in Melbourne. Several players often stay with family and friends overnight after a game or for a night on a day off from training.
Cameron Mooney?

Also, I believe one of the sticking points in the Gaz/Lauren breakup was the travel between Melbourne and Geelong - this might be part of them getting back together (and him staying :))

Interesting development. Apparently Ablett is looking to buy property in Melbourne to live in part-time. Its a HUN story, so not overly reliable. Still, a couple of sports journo's have also made noises recently that they believe he will stay. Perhaps its not a done deal yet. Here is hoping. Would love him to play out his career in the hoops.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fresh-market-watch-on-gary-ablett/story-e6frf9jf-1225898183041

Sounds like bull to me....surely the "estate agents" have some kind of confidentiallity to not disclose their clients.....:rolleyes:

Cameron Mooney?

Also, I believe one of the sticking points in the Gaz/Lauren breakup was the travel between Melbourne and Geelong - this might be part of them getting back together (and him staying :))

Cam Mooney used to live in Port Melbourne, but I think he's moved to Point Cook recently.

It would be nice if Gary & Lauren got back together, I wonder if she was the 'female friend' the article mentions who was inspecting the properties with him.

Sounds like bull to me....surely the "estate agents" have some kind of confidentiallity to not disclose their clients.....:rolleyes:

Yeah, I am always weary when people supposedly disclose details of what was thought at the time a private conversation. What instance would Ablett think he needed a house for "3 or 4 nights" a week? If he was going to the GC that wouldn't be the case. If he was going to a Melbourne based club it wouldn't be the case. If he was staying at Geelong it probably wouldn't be the case as why would you do that? Splitting your time 50/50 between Geelong and Melbourne just seems daft. Doesn't make sense why he'd need a house for half a week, so I am thinking either he didn't say it or he said it just as a throw away line for the agent.

As I have said earlier, because there is not going to be any real news on this until after the end of the season people start inventing stuff to talk about.

I believe his silence means he is going. There is one other theory I have - he gave the GC an undertaking in that meeting last year that he'd go there but now has changed his mind and wants to stay at Geelong (kinda like 'I thought your word was stronger than oak' situation). He's not saying anything because if he comes out and says he's staying an almighty sh1tstorm will erupt out of the GC while we are still trying to win a flag.

Moons has lived in Point Cook for at least 18 months if not longer! I am pretty sure he isn't the only one either....

Agree.....3/4 days a week makes no sense whatever he is doing....:rolleyes:

Looks like another top side has been able to sign all their stars in StKilda. I havent been paying much attention but is Geelong the only side that looks like losing one of their stars to the new clubs?

Looks like another top side has been able to sign all their stars in StKilda. I havent been paying much attention but is Geelong the only side that looks like losing one of their stars to the new clubs?

Depends what your definition of 'star' is.

Harbrow and Campbell Brown are two players widely assumed to be going to the GC. Other names bandied about include Quentin Lynch and David Armitage. Of course, none of these players are in the same stratosphere as Gary.

The property shopping developments are interesting, especially since all the whispers of late suggest he's staying rather than going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Bock from the Crowbots

Bock has given some assurances to the Crows fans in the past 24 hours:

“Adelaide gave me the opportunity to play AFL, coming off the rookie list, so it would be nice [to be a one-club player],” Bock said on Wednesday.

“The media have been talking about that sort of stuff for most of the year now. I’m not sure where they get a lot of their information from and [me going to Gold Coast] is news to me.

“My manager has been in contact with the club and I’m confident with where it’s at. It will look after itself in due time, but there’s no reason not to [stay at Adelaide].”

Of course the Crows would just want him to put pen to paper, but those comments are more than Ablett, Harbrow or Brown have said publicly.

Harbrow and Campbell Brown are two players widely assumed to be going to the GC. Other names bandied about include Quentin Lynch and David Armitage. Of course, none of these players are in the same stratosphere as Gary.

The property shopping developments are interesting, especially since all the whispers of late suggest he's staying rather than going.

Now if it were Buddy, Natunui / Cox, Reiwoldt, or Cooney it would be different.

Cameron Mooney?

Correct. Moons never moved down, I'm not sure if the JPOD did either?

On the Gazza stuff, we really shouldn't read that much into it. A bloke earning as much as him would be wise to pump some of his money into investment properties, so it doesn't necessarily mean he's staying.

Harbrow will become a very very good player I think...and Armitage would be wise to go back home, considering he can't get a regular game after 5 years even with Ball no longer there. What will be interesting is whether GC can pick up a decent key forward and a decent ruckman, both of which they will need.

Ryan Griffen hasn't signed either.

Ryan has clearly told his management he wants to remain a Bully.

There is strong speculation Essendon have been interested for several months, and the threat of Gold Coast Suns always hovers, but Griffen's management group is adamant Dogs fans should not lose any sleep.
"Talks are progressing. There's no real alarm bells for the player or the club,"
Griffen's manager Nigel Carmody, of Elite Sports Properties, said.
Quite easy to stop speculation if you want to.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27466321-23211,00.html?from=public_rss

Pickering pretty much confirms the 3-4days/week thing in the article so it's not just speculation from the estate agents end.

The Friday of the Collingwood game there will be an announcement. A press conference will be held and Gaz will tell the world he is to remain in the hoops. This has been the plan for some time now. It will lift the spirits of the club immeasurably at a crucial point of the year. We will flog the pies and go on to win the flag.

The Friday of the Collingwood game there will be an announcement. A press conference will be held and Gaz will tell the world he is to remain in the hoops. This has been the plan for some time now. It will lift the spirits of the club immeasurably at a crucial point of the year. We will flog the pies and go on to win the flag.

Nice dream.

Lovely stuff Otto, maybe you've been the man scripting this Geelong story all along. Would love a Podsiadly bag or Matty Stokes Norm Smith in the GF to boot please!

Otto..........were you blotto when you had that dream ? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back