List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Friday of the Collingwood game there will be an announcement. A press conference will be held and Gaz will tell the world he is to remain in the hoops. This has been the plan for some time now. It will lift the spirits of the club immeasurably at a crucial point of the year. We will flog the pies and go on to win the flag.

Otto, this may be the prediction of the year. The Australian thinks you might be onto something too.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ning-gary-ablett/story-e6frg7mf-1225898695380

Interesting article in the Australian..

Sounds like we might owe this development to Lauren Phillips.

Yeah l reckon its easy to overlook the personal side of it all amidst the money and strategy.

Perhaps there has been a change of heart/intention with a) getting back together with Lauren and b) Nathan running into 'personal problems' and pretty clearly not going to make the GC list next year. If body language is anything to go by it looks like he freed himself up a week or two ago which may coincide with these personal developments?

Cmon Gazza!!! Free yourself and surge into the finals. Show them you are the best player in the comp and that you are a lifelong, and legendary, Cat.

Yeah l reckon its easy to overlook the personal side of it all amidst the money and strategy.

Perhaps there has been a change of heart/intention with a) getting back together with Lauren and b) Nathan running into 'personal problems' and pretty clearly not going to make the GC list next year. If body language is anything to go by it looks like he freed himself up a week or two ago which may coincide with these personal developments?

I go as far as to say these two factors are 95% of the reason he'd be either going or staying. Either way he's going to get a boatload of cash.

Gary's reunion with Lauren, his real estate inquiries and the possibility of a pre-finals announcement are, in combination, the strongest indicators of where he will be next year - with the Cats!

Geelong supporters, even those who have persistently questioned his loyalty and worth to the club, should be very excited about these new developments - the perfect momentum builder for another flag.

Typically, Balme gave nothing away on SEN this morning.

"I know no more about it than I've known about it for the whole time. I'm not interested in what he does. I'm interested in what happens in 2010."

Asked if the club would prefer an announcement on Ablett's future was made before the finals, Balme said: "It doesn't matter. You know what I'd like? Not to talk about it at all.

"There is nothing gained from talking about it right at the minute, at all. All we're worried about is how he's going to play this week, how he's going to play for the rest of the year."

I'll read in between the lines and take this as a good 'no comment,' as opposed to Cook and Balme saying earlier that negotiations were off until the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Pickers said it was news to him. He hasn't said that to the club and he thought if Gary was going to say that then he'd call Pickers first, and he hasn't.
He said nothing has changed a decision will be made after the finals.

Sounds like more than a rumour though, doesn't it?

Dunno why, it just does.

Sounds like more than a rumour though, doesn't it?

Dunno why, it just does.

This would be because deep down inside the entire football world wants him to stay at the cats...:thumbsu:

I'm gonna be seriously pissed off if Gazza leaves after reviving my hopes...

I know...

All this new positive stuff circling around may seriously let us all down.

BUT imagine the combination of Gary announcing he is staying, and Max Rooke returning just before the finals start - being very hopeful there though.

I still believe we should be prepared to off-load a few players to keep him. He is our best player and one of the key figures in our club's history.

The man I believe who should be forced out (and if under contract even better, we can get a trade), is Steve Johnson.

Been a great player for us and obviously still in our best 18 but we have to be realistic, shedding players like Mumford and Prismal won't work this time.

He is earning a fair whack and is the least important to our structure of our All Australians. Menzell could be the immediate replacement.

I just hope they look at all avenues to keep Ablett because he is one of the greatest players to ever play for the club and it would be a tragedy to lose him.

For me, it would tarnish this era a little bit.

I still believe we should be prepared to off-load a few players to keep him. He is our best player and one of the key figures in our club's history.

The man I believe who should be forced out (and if under contract even better, we can get a trade), is Steve Johnson.

Been a great player for us and obviously still in our best 18 but we have to be realistic, shedding players like Mumford and Prismal won't work this time.

He is earning a fair whack and is the least important to our structure of our All Australians. Menzell could be the immediate replacement.

I just hope they look at all avenues to keep Ablett because he is one of the greatest players to ever play for the club and it would be a tragedy to lose him.

For me, it would tarnish this era a little bit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What's Mark Blake getting paid?

I ask because he was dropped this week. Maybe we could offload him, and use that to pay Ablett. We have shown before (in 2007) that we can win a flag without Blake.

I ask because he was dropped this week. Maybe we could offload him, and use that to pay Ablett. We have shown before (in 2007) that we can win a flag without Blake.

We can also win one with him.In fact he beat the shitheap we offloaded to StKilda at the end of 07.
Screw Gaz getting a pay rise,get a real job if he wants more money or bugger of to the GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back