List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think now is a bad time to announce his intention to stay. If he is going then obviously wait until after the finals.

I don't think announcing a decision to stay now will disrupt the finals. Its not like he would have to go on a media junket. Club announces it, he does a presser at some point, feel good story all round, done and dusted.

Either way, this is all still wild speculation.

CatsInsider
Can confirm no announcement from Cats tonight except bring on the finals! Go Cats.

Looks like it was just crap

I don't think now is a bad time to announce his intention to stay. If he is going then obviously wait until after the finals.

I don't think announcing a decision to stay now will disrupt the finals. Its not like he would have to go on a media junket. Club announces it, he does a presser at some point, feel good story all round, done and dusted.

Either way, this is all still wild speculation.

Are you kidding? The club would go into meltdown.
Maybe you wouldn't but the media stuff would be crazy.

We MUST win next week.
It would be suicide to announce anything that takes even 3% off our focus.

Apparently Ablett is going to announce that he is going to resign for 5 years sometime today. Just reported on 774

...he seems happier playing up forward than he did, we haven't heard of any tension lately between him and Bomber....

On this we agree. Its like he's worked out he can still dominate a game playing forward and infact , it may make his on ball effort more explosive.

While I doubt he will ever have his fathers impact as a forward , he has the game to kick 50-70 a year matched with 25-30 pos games and be far more damaging than the 40's he can accumulate. We are talking about a guy who may finish being compared to likes of Leigh Mathews (minus the thuggery).

TV guys might disagree , Dreamteam might disagree , the Brownlow might disagree but IMO , goal conversion is just so much more influential than meaningless touches.To my eyes he is just about at his zenth right now, he can turn a game by 10 minutes of footy and opponents panic once he starts to play well. The purity of his game is extremely high and if he can maintain his fitness he could play another 5 plus years at this level.

Boy I hope he stays.

Another reason why I cant stand K-Rock. Why would they get all Geelong supporters hopes up :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't our fault.

It was media driven rumours :mad:

Well, that's how 'crap' and rumours are perpetuated, really - people just pass on what they hear, and don't bother checking for facts (i.e. us on BF).

Anyway, all good. It'll happen in time.

This just in the four independents have done a deal with Pickers going to be announce today that Gary has become the new Prime Minister just heard it on SEN

I still have a feeling that he will announce he is staying either grand final week or straight after another grand final win ;)

I still have a feeling that he will announce he is staying either grand final week or straight after another grand final win ;)

It's hard to think Gazza is staying, the first week of the finals is coming up and he hasn't committed to the Cats yet, if he was staying, he would've said it by now don't you think. Also, i believe if we win this year's Grand Final, Gazza is sure to leave.

Not that it means much, but notorious Geelong sympathiser Jon Anderson seems to think that Gary is leaving, along with Pavlich to GC. I also would have thought that if he was staying he'd have made an announcement by now. It's not a distraction to the team to say you're staying, but it would be to say you're going.

I like the quote in the advertiser today, saying Gary dont go- Your the Son of a gun , not the gun of the Sun. clever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back