News Adam Cerra nominates Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part of the value here is that I think it reduces the pressure on Dow, Cuningham etc a bit. Obviously they still need to perform but at least with Cerra (and Hewett) on board their performance is less of an existential question for the entire team next year.

Yep, helps address the glaring midfield-balance issues that have been a centrepiece of our poor seasons.

Cerra adds class and clean disposal, Hewett adds grunt and defensive pressure. Just need at least one of Stocker, Dow and Cuningham to mature into a dynamic/explosive clearance player.

So, theoretically if we keep Dow and LOB that's 3 top ten picks from one draft on our list.

I suggest a particular coach and their idea of development may have been an albatross around two necks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should've drafted Cerra in the first place.........was always going to be a more naturally complete footballer than Dow.

I am but a measly youtube recruiter, but I really wanted Cerra at our pick that year.

Should've drafted Cerra in the first place.........was always going to be a more naturally complete footballer than Dow.
My vague recollection of that draft was Paddy Dow was very highly rated by most. Just hasnt progressed as most thought.

I think we will hand over something on top of pick 6, and Jon Ralph makes valid points in the article.

But it does seem to be written in the vein of 'Here are my many arguments for why Carlton should pay more than pick 6 for Cerra'. Which is an unusual article to write, is it not?

I don't really buy the media bias thing, but this kind of feels like it was ghost written by Peter Bell and David Walls.

TL;DR - article is in West Australian, so I guess the angle makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back