Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Ralph can report it as much as he wants but unless Demons come up with something then he wont be going there. They simply dont have the picks to get this done without a Jackson or a Pickett leaving

Jon Ralph can report it as much as he wants but unless Demons come up with something then he wont be going there. They simply dont have the picks to get this done without a Jackson or a Pickett leaving
The Dees are in a prelim. No news about trades come out till Monday, hopefully in 2 weeks.

I don’t think Carlton are as sure to get him as some think on here. They would have to be paying him a significant amount of money more than the other Vic clubs looking at him. Uncertainty around who the coach will be aswell aswell the fact he’s going to have a lot more pressure on him at Carlton than he would at other clubs aswell. Being the big boy beside Walsh and Cripps straight away rather than just slotting into the Demons midfield and having time to fully develop.

Good on him if he does chose the Blues though, he and Walsh would form a handy combo and if Cripps can get back to his best or near it that’ll be a nice midfield. So many uncertainty’s around Carlton at the moment though that you’d think would be cleaned up before the trade period so it won’t matter.

Last edited:
I don’t think Carlton are as sure to get him as some think on here. They would have to be paying him a significant amount of money more than the other Vic clubs looking at him. Uncertainty around who the coach will be aswell as the fact he’s going to have a lot more pressure on him at Carlton than he would at other clubs aswell. Being the big boy beside Walsh and Cripps straight away rather than just slotting into the Demons midfield and having time to fully develop.

Good on him if he does chose the Blues though, he and Walsh would form a handy combo and if Cripps can get back to his best or near it that’ll be a nice midfield. So many uncertainty’s around Carlton at the moment though that you’d think would be cleaned up before the trade period so it won’t matter.
I dont think they are a definite to get him either mate. But im sure you know that you dont have the picks to get him?

Yeah but as much as he wants to get to Melbs they just dont have the capitol.
You still don’t understand do you, if he wants to go to the dees I’m sure both clubs will sort something out that will please both teams. If Melbourne are really keen on him they will make it happen, it’s nearly a chips all in move given the draft capital the Dees have over the next couple years so I’m sure if both parties are keen, they will make it happen.

I dont think they are a definite to get him either mate. But im sure you know that you dont have the picks to get him?
That’s the thing, it’s not hard to worth with other clubs to make things like this happen. A few have mentioned grabbing the Giants first rounder this year for the Dees future first and a third or something. Weideman and Sparrow (I’d love to keep Sparrow) are others that could move elsewhere for more game time. Weid isn’t worth a heap but Sparrow is probably a middle to late second. Picks like them two can be packaged up to move up the draft order aswell.

Until Adam officially nominates a club we’re only guessing though, and at the moment I think the dees have got bigger things to think about (on field wise) as a club.

I think Richmond are likely to bob up for Cerra , bachar houli retired, Cotchin is near the end and now Dusty's serious kidney.
I could see them offering pick 7 and 16 for Cerra and Carlton missing out. if I was Cerra I would rather play for the Tigers than the Blues

Last edited:
I think Richmond are likely to bob up for Cerra , bachar houli retired, Cotchin is near the end and now Dusty's serious kidney.
I could see them offering pick 7 and 16 for Cerra and Carlton missing out. if I was Cerra I would rather play for the Tigers than the Blues

That is a good deal for Freo and they should take it and run, but to think Cerra trade value is worth 2 x 1st round picks seems fanciful.

You still don’t understand do you, if he wants to go to the dees I’m sure both clubs will sort something out that will please both teams. If Melbourne are really keen on him they will make it happen, it’s nearly a chips all in move given the draft capital the Dees have over the next couple years so I’m sure if both parties are keen, they will make it happen.

That’s the thing, it’s not hard to worth with other clubs to make things like this happen. A few have mentioned grabbing the Giants first rounder this year for the Dees future first and a third or something. Weideman and Sparrow (I’d love to keep Sparrow) are others that could move elsewhere for more game time. Weid isn’t worth a heap but Sparrow is probably a middle to late second. Picks like them two can be packaged up to move up the draft order aswell.

Until Adam officially nominates a club we’re only guessing though, and at the moment I think the dees have got bigger things to think about (on field wise) as a club.
Yes but even these guys leaving wouldnt give you the picks mate. Fremantle are after a Top 10 Pick around 5. You guys will not be able to get that I wouldnt think. Plus we would want a second rounder to.

Fremantle just have to refuse Melbourne if they dont come up with adequate compensation. We then go to Cerra and say its either Carlton or PSD

Cerra would be naturally wary about going to Carlton. Their recent development record is patchy, Walsh, McKay and Weitering aside. If they had a coach and were travelling a little better, I'm sure this would be an essay one for the Blues. As far as the Dees go - we have nothing at all to trade. So unless we do soime kind of deal with a side that needs points this year for picks next year then we have no chance.

I reckon I say it every year and I simply fail to understand why clubs that finish low don't use the PSD to their advantage.. Carlton should be prepared to pay Cerra $150k more a year if it costs us nothing to acquire him and he comes through the PSD.

I also never understand the departing players perceived desire to make sure his outgoing club is rewarded 'fairly'.. Why would you want to lessen your incoming clubs chance of success, and would know allowing Carlton to retain pick 6 helps Cerra chance of winning a flag at Carlton.. yet for some ridiculous reason it rarely plays out like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon I say it every year and I simply fail to understand why clubs that finish low don't use the PSD to their advantage.. Carlton should be prepared to pay Cerra $150k more a year if it costs us nothing to acquire him and he comes through the PSD.

I also never understand the departing players perceived desire to make sure his outgoing club is rewarded 'fairly'.. Why would you want to lessen your incoming clubs chance of success, and would know allowing Carlton to retain pick 6 helps Cerra chance of winning a flag at Carlton.. yet for some ridiculous reason it rarely plays out like that.

Cerra wouldn't last to our pick in the PSD ans we all know it.

Also I don't want to screw Freo over, they invested a top draft and years of development into Cerra and should be adequately compensated, knowing our track record we are more likely than not to draft a spud like LOB with pick 6 anyway.

Pick 6 is gone, and I am fine with it.

Think we have a good long-term relationship together, you don't seem to dick us around as other Victorian clubs do. Last year we had a strong interest in MacDonald but think his salary was the stumbling block so we went Pruess. This year

GWS - 13
MFC - Weiderman & 42 knowing also you might grab Buntine (ex-Dandy boy) and generate another pick for us.

That then gives you 13 & you retain your 2022 1st

Hard for Carlton to do this when they aren't last and north have plenty of cap space.

You'll get a first 2
Think we have a good long-term relationship together, you don't seem to dick us around as other Victorian clubs do. Last year we had a strong interest in MacDonald but think his salary was the stumbling block so we went Pruess. This year

GWS - 13
MFC - Weiderman & 42 knowing also you might grab Buntine (ex-Dandy boy) and generate another pick for us.

Give it up dude. He is going to Carlton.

As others have said, Freo have no interest in Weideman.

Wait so you would accept a pick in teens and a second rounder in the 30s for Cerra? :s
It will be 13 + F1 for something small back. frees us up to use our F1 as well then

GWS - 13

Lolwut.

Giants would give pick 13 for weiderman?

That’s absurd. Are you a fake account?

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

Back