Adam Goodes - 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does this extremely dirty" business come from. I can't remember Goodesy ever taking out a player.

Can someone list an exanple or two where a player/players have missed multiple games due to one of his "extremely dirty" acts?

As a player he is an ornament to the game.

In what way is he an "ornament to the game?"

If by that you mean Goodes is a cheating, underhanded sniper who uses to sport as a vehicle to push his own agenda then yes, he is an ornament to the game.

Being a great footballer (and it really is hard to deny that he is a brilliant player) and being an ornament to the game are two entirely different things.

I don't think his record of dirty acts and dives is that far past Lewis (self-confessed stager, gives cheap shots out), Johnson (just have to watch his pathetic antics v Hawks & Freo) and Harvey (not so much a diver but has his share of incidents)..

Yet 3 will retire respected greats of the game over the next 5 years and 1 is a disgrace according to some on here.

As a person, I don't like him. I never have and I never will. In terms of his playing ability, he was very good and versatile in his prime but, personally, I think he's a shadow of his former self now. Overall though, he's had a great career and his two Brownlow medals attest to that.

Great player in his prime and such a hard match up.
Versatile, can ruck, start roving when the ball hits the ground, he was unique for his size and endurance levels.
Well said. For a long time he would have been my number 1 pick in an open draft. You could use him anywhere.

As for the dirty stuff, well probably on a par with Dustin Fletcher, but nobody gives him a hard time as he is a quiet kind of guy. Bigfooty groupthinking tall poppy cutting at its worst in this thread.

Well done to a great of the game.

There's a difference between campaigning against racism, and being racist yourself

Australia is actually much further advanced in terms of society than a lot of other countries, in that people are not afraid to be labeled for standing up for what they believe in

When goodes first started his equal rights campaign, it was very much "white people are bad," but it has changed a lot, and as such, many people are jumping on board, including Andrew Bolt, who is probably the epitome of the "old Australia"
Goodes has gone from "give us what's ours" to "let's work together"
He's gained a lot of admirers in the past 6 months since he got off his high horse

And as you said. Liking a player has nothing to do with racism, he is an extremely dirty player, and the media refusing to speak up hasn't helped
Why are you posting on BigFooty? The Bolt Report is on TV right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said. For a long time he would have been my number 1 pick in an open draft. You could use him anywhere.

As for the dirty stuff, well probably on a par with Dustin Fletcher, but nobody gives him a hard time as he is a quiet kind of guy. Bigfooty groupthinking tall poppy cutting at its worst in this thread.

Well done to a great of the game.

Fletcher's copped his right whack at the tribunal though: 12 charges since 2001, found guilty 10 times for 9 weeks, 1 reprimand and $1800 in fines.
Goodes: 5 charges since 2001, found guilty 4 times for 1 week, 2 reprimands and $1950 fine.

Fletcher's copped his right whack at the tribunal though: 12 charges since 2001, found guilty 10 times for 9 weeks, 1 reprimand and $1800 in fines.
Goodes: 5 charges since 2001, found guilty 4 times for 1 week, 2 reprimands and $1950 fine.

Maybe, just maybe that's a reflection on what they were charged for rather than some all encompassing AFL conspiracy to let Adam Goodes play.... nah, that makes no sense.

Maybe, just maybe that's a reflection on what they were charged for rather than some all encompassing AFL conspiracy to let Adam Goodes play.... nah, that makes no sense.

Or maybe just maybe the AFL twofold obsessions of Sydney and appearing as politically correct as possible regarding Indigenous Australia, served to see Goodes held to a different standard to others?

Funny how the only ones defending the dog seem to be those with a Swans supporter'tar in there profile.

Exhibit A.

So, some of us can see right through your sacred cow and now you have your panties in a twist.

Adam Goodes has been getting away with his own particular brand of bullshit for years.

Yeah, great bloke and "ornament to the game." :rolleyes:

Or maybe just maybe the AFL twofold obsessions of Sydney and appearing as politically correct as possible regarding Indigenous Australia, served to see Goodes held to a different standard to others?

Funny how the only ones defending the dog seem to be those with a Swans supporter'tar in there profile.

Yeah, that's much more likely...

Only in Australia could a man who actively campaigns against racism be hated for that exact reason. Australia is ass-backwards sometimes and uses all sorts of piss weak excuses to justify it.

inb4 B-but he's a dirty player! B-but he's a flog! I-it's nothing to do with racism!

He's a champion player and deserved Aussie of the year. Top bloke.

Actually no, in many (in fact, probably most) countries, people could be hated for that reason.

In what way is he an "ornament to the game?"

If by that you mean Goodes is a cheating, underhanded sniper who uses to sport as a vehicle to push his own agenda then yes, he is an ornament to the game.

Being a great footballer (and it really is hard to deny that he is a brilliant player) and being an ornament to the game are two entirely different things.

tall-poppy.jpg

So, some of us can see right through your sacred cow and now you have your panties in a twist.

Adam Goodes has been getting away with his own particular brand of bullshit for years.

Yeah, great bloke and "ornament to the game." :rolleyes:

You're using those incidents to set him aside as one of the dirtiest players ever?

Seriously, that's all you've got????!!!!

On field, Goodes, probably because he was capable of such remarkable athletic and skillful feats in his prime, is dealing with the physical fall from grace much worse than many others.

Its resulted in the clear anger and frustration which has led him to be involved in so many unsavoury onfield incidents recently.

He's very angry. In his prime he was simply a please to watch, worth the price of admission alone. An enormous, ruck sized machine who moved around the ground with the speed and ability of a midfielder.

It's been a quick and unfortunate fall from grace.

On field, Goodes, probably because he was capable of such remarkable athletic and skillful feats in his prime, is dealing with the physical fall from grace much worse than many others.

Its resulted in the clear anger and frustration which has led him to be involved in so many unsavoury onfield incidents recently.

He's very angry. In his prime he was simply a please to watch, worth the price of admission alone. An enormous, ruck sized machine who moved around the ground with the speed and ability of a midfielder.

It's been a quick and unfortunate fall from grace.

Name all these unsavoury incidents.

I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back