Adam Selwood Sprint Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I tell you my sister dated him for a short time in about 04/05? That was the only thing that was 'short' apparently.
You can thank me later for the mental image, Fletchy ;)

You did tell me QS !! Thanks for the mental picture too buddy :thumbsu: ...That's good news he was blessed in looks, football ability and umm you know...:D:p

( just remember fellas its not the length it's not the size it's how many times you can make it rise bah ha ha ha don't want any of you boys to feel inferior to the great man)

Your comment was "but we really slay our defence when frankly the midfield is letting the ball come through far too many times. There's only so much that can be taken before the dam walls bust." But our midfield didn't let the ball into defence too often. It barely went in there at all.
Tonight, yes - but half backs still see action outside 50. The comment was what I've seen thus far in 2013 - not as narrow as just this abortion of a game.

If he cant keep up with the players he at least needs to be a 1 touch player. Sadly not only is his man turning him back to goal but he is so damn fumbly when it is his turn to go and get it.

He was woeful, disposal and decision making is terrible. Can't defend well either. He's not even a great player at WAFL level.
Decision making will improve in time, disposal is pretty poor but when we moved him onto yarran he seemed to do a good job. Can't say i've watched him in the WAFL

Yarran wouldn't have got his goals if we could hit a target.....
correct our skills were deplorable, in terms of both kicking for goal and hitting a target, they killed us on the counter in the first half. Could go on and on about the goal kicking but no point, we all know it.

A woman's love no bounds! :p It doesn't many how many pacey small forwards get through his grasp, how many shanks he kicks or how many dodgy handballs he dishes out I'm his number one fan! Love your guts Adam he might not be the most skilful so it's lucky he has his looks eh??:p
I installed a bed frame for him and he looks weird in person. Very sound bloke though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to invest time into Brennan and Ash Smith as small forward taggers/defenders

this is correct..

i was at the game too and i just wanted to put my fingers down my throat and throw up.... although that may well have been the stench of the putrid baked potato that the guys in front of us got...

seriously was laughable seeing selwood get "lapped" lol

brennan makes mistakes but at least he attacks the ball....

Someone like Smith could have at least put some pressure on him. Selwood got over taken by guys 20m behind to come put on a shepherd.

smith would have been quicker no doubt. definitely able to stay wiht him on the burst. i understand brennan was pretty good as well with his speed, although belatedly put on him (last quarter?). did selwood get turned inside out too easily, was he standing goal side at stoppages?

Worsfold has his favorites and he's one of them and although he should be dropped I can't see it happening.

Did you hear wooshas post match presser on selwood? 'try asking all the players he has kept possessionless in the past' that's right woosh its the past. Blind freddy could see where Carlton could beat us tonight and you played right into their hands. First rioli and now yarran. Not good enough.

Did you hear wooshas post match presser on selwood? 'try asking all the players he has kept possessionless in the past' that's right woosh its the past. Blind freddy could see where Carlton could beat us tonight and you played right into their hands. First rioli and now yarran. Not good enough.
link to presser please? wasnt up on the afl website before when i checked

Honestly I do think it is unfair to pay out on Selwood, as if the situation was his fault.

Surely the MC have seen that he has been exposed a number of times this season for pace.

Very early in the match he played a great role in tagging Judd and releasing his younger brother, however he followed Judd to the forwardline and for whatever reason was matched up on Yarran from there on in.

If the MC are set on playing him, it might even be worth playing him in a defensive forward role and booting off Hams. He and Hill are doing too little and it is a combination that hurts. At least Selwood can take a grab, rotate through the middle and play a defensive role on opposition play makers.

However, we do definitely need an injection of pace into the backline, stat.

We all know Woosha is incredibly stubborn, we all know he places a premium on seniority and past performance. I suppose we may finally just have to accept it and hope the players can turn things around.

Think it's unfair to have a go at Selwood for not being able to keep up with Yarran - that's a pretty obvious coaching fail.

I would have moved Selwood off Yarran after he just jogged away from him over 200m to goal the first time, but to let him do it 3 times was very average coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Selwood Sprint Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back