Adam Simpson is off to the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Should of heard brad hardie on 6pr tonight - it was like his dog died
Said that he missed the gig at Brisbane and that Melbourne believes he is still four years away

I know him and hardie are BFF but he was seriously disparaging tonight about the appointment
God help Simmo if they start losing

Simmo, Dimma, Cameron.

If you want to get a head coaching job in the AFL, do your apprenticeship at the Hawks.

has there every been a quicker time to get 3 assistances the top gig at other clubs? Its a real big Kudos to Clarko, he is very keen on the teaching side and growing others to their full potential. I am sure we will attract the best retirement into a assistant role

Should of heard brad hardie on 6pr tonight - it was like his dog died
Said that he missed the gig at Brisbane and that Melbourne believes he is still four years away

I know him and hardie are BFF but he was seriously disparaging tonight about the appointment
God help Simmo if they start losing

CouchPotato Brad Hardie is PRO all things South Fremantle including Sumich. Not suprised in the slightest that he reacted like that

Congrats to Adam Simpson for his new role and also to Clarko, Fages and the HFC for creating an environment that produces outstanding citizens that go on to have successful lives. In 9 yrs Clarko has produced 4 people that have coached at senior level - Dimma, Viney (MFC), Cameron and now Simpson. A senior assistant to the tigers in Ross Smith and an AFL manager of football operations in Mark Evans. What a fantastic learning environment for future success has the hawthorn football club become - well done to all involved :)

Whilst I have full faith in the football club securing a great replacement, I'd love them to look at Voss or Mark Harvey. Ratten has been a great get and I could see Vossy being just as influential. An outsider would be to get Gia from the doggies and mould him in the same fashion as we did simmo and Dimma.

Well done again Simmo and all involved at the HFC ;)

Great work Simmo.

Great advertisement for our club. Everyone wants our people and everyone wants to be our people.!!!

So who will replace Simmo?

Thanks Hawks for teaching our next premiership coach what to do and what not to do.

If it couldn't be Clarko bloody glad it's Simmo.

:hearts::rainbow:

You're welcome.

Simmo has been excellent for Hawthorn over the last couple of seasons.

Another branch to Clarkson's coaching tree.

You're welcome.

Simmo has been excellent for Hawthorn over the last couple of seasons.

Another branch to Clarkson's coaching tree.

Yep have only ever heard excellent things.

The club has put out a nice statement of congratulations:
http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/hawtho...ngratulate-simpson-on-senior-role.workstation

Bit more class than Sydney, who refuse to let Stewie Dew take a promotion to Melbourne.

Any assistant coach worth his salt will have a clause written into his contract that automatically terminates the contract if he's appointed a senior coach at another club, I would have thought. In any event, it would reflect poorly on a club that refuses to release an assistant coach to become the senior coach at another club.

Dew isn't going to be the senior coach at Melbourne, so Sydney is within its rights to refuse Melbourne access to him.

HAWTHORN FOOTBALL CLUB ACADEMY FOR THE PRODUCTION OF SENIOR COACHES.
Graduates:
Adam Simpson
Damien Hardwick
Leon Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was mentioned in the Australian over the weekend that the Hawks are looking to secure Scott Burns to replace Simmo. But then I crossed over the Sun and it stated that the Hawks are looking to promote either Bruce or Yze to take over from Simmo.

I'd love the Hawks to secure a Burns/ Voss type and allow Bruce and Yze another year or two to learn the coaching regime. As we all know, we have a fantastic system in place and if our record keeps going to script, in another year or two, another one of our coaches will be poached for a senior possie at another club. Clarko and Fages are the coaching masters :)

Was mentioned on SEN last night that he is rumored to be returning, any truth to this?
I don't know. It would do great things for the Harley Reid to Hawthorn rumour though. Harley apparently got along well with him.

He said he's taking 2025 off.
I think he was still contracted for next year, so taking any type of coaching job would probably jeopardies a payout from the Eagles? or would that might just affect if he was going for a head coaching role.
Either way cant see him working next year, he definitely needs a break and recharge after his last few years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Simpson is off to the Weagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back