Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson on channel 7 was asked if he is confident in his ability to coach the club through the rebuild and he bristled saying he's asked him this a few times.
Answered he is confident in his own ability.
What else is he going to say lol.

In response to dropping players he said we were good against Essendon and it takes 3 or 4 weeks of poor performances to make changes
"God damn it Dave, you have been late for 25 days in a row now. 9 of those you didnt even turn up at all. You do this for another 3 more days and your gone I tell you. You are just lucky that on Wednesday 3 weeks ago you brought in some delicious chocolate cake. If it wasnt for that youd be gone I tells ya"

Its neither confirmation or a loss really. Each single instance will define itself along the way that way. If Reid goes lets not pretend we will 100% definetly be worse off either is all im saying

We could be better off, who knows?

Letting a generational talent walk because you decided to reduce your club to a complete shambles off field, with 8 weeks to go, is probably not worth the risk.

We also don't have a couple of WA mummy's boys at the pointy end of the draft this year either.

If Reid wants to go cos he loves Simmo then so be it.

I doubt he'd particularly care whether Simmo stays or goes, players leave for other reasons. At the very least, let Simmo know his services will no longer be required, behind closed doors. Then give him the option on how he wants to go out.

Don't be a complete shambles like so many clubs have been before.

We could be better off, who knows?

Letting a generational talent walk because you decided to reduce your club to a complete shambles off field, with 8 weeks to go, is probably not worth the risk.

We also don't have a couple of WA mummy's boys at the pointy end of the draft this year either.

I doubt he'd particularly care whether Simmo stays or goes, players leave for other reasons. At the very least, let Simmo know his services will no longer be required, behind closed doors. Then give him the option on how he wants to go out.

Don't be a complete shambles like so many clubs have been before.
We are a complete shambles off field as of 1/7/2024...

How can you not think we are?

I don't think any #1 is expecting their team to suddenly fly up the ladder.

What they probably do expect is a good environment that they're happy to go to work in.
He is living the dream

Tagged in game 10, rubbed out for 2 weeks and then comes back in and watches Hawthorn play kick to kick. Im sure he is happy with his work right now

What they probably do expect is a good environment that they're happy to go to work in.
Sure, but whether it happens tomorrow, the end of the year or next year he'd have to be aware that Simmo is a lame duck coach and won't be here in 2026.
Maybe he's waiting to sign an extension until he sees who the coach is that we bring in?

We are a complete shambles off field as of 1/7/2024...

How can you not think we are?
Because GameDay results don't = complete off field shambles.

I understand it's difficult for you not to equate the 2 but small rumblings can become gigantic chasms, if dealt with incorrectly.

When there's a big change in management and it's not handled correctly, let me tell you that it's never the good staff that stick around, just the shit ones.

By all means change the coach, just do it the right way.

He is living the dream

Tagged in game 10, rubbed out for 2 weeks and then comes back in and watches Hawthorn play kick to kick. Im sure he is happy with his work right now
Well, if he were ever that mentally weak, he probably shouldn't be playing AFL.

Thankfully, I don't think he is.

Iv basically gone into a speechless phase when watching this abomination of a team, I want us to get smashed harder when we show no effort it’s so odd, like a train wreck or watching the titanic sink it’s incredibly sad yet so beautiful.

Our dog shit 2008-2010 years I would sit through EVERY game and could see light at the end of the tunnel, we’d get smashed but I knew we were a young rebuilding team, we at least showed effort and some hunger but were just too inexperienced to not get beaten badly.

This current list is much better on paper which is the worst part of it all, not dropping underperforming players for years on end when supporters could see it called for it week in week out has really destroyed the clubs culture. We are an absolute shambles and it boils down to the coach and nothing else. He’s refused to play kids and it’s ruined any development at afl level they strived on.

Simmo HAS to go and I don’t think I will watch another game until he’s gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, but whether it happens tomorrow, the end of the year or next year he'd have to be aware that Simmo is a lame duck coach and won't be here in 2026.
Maybe he's waiting to sign an extension until he sees who the coach is that we bring in?
Yeah, but he's not going to do that 8 weeks before the end of the season.

Players most certainly do leave the club they are at if they believe the clubs immediate future is a shambles and if they don't think the club is correcting anything to stop it being a shambles.

Sacking Simpson this week projects strength and a desire to fix the rot in our club, it most certainly does not project it being in a shambles.

If reid was leaving because the club was in a shambles I think he would be inclined to stay if he saw positive change at the club to change the direction and do something I stead of tread water in the shitness.

Because GameDay results don't = complete off field shambles.

I understand it's difficult for you not to equate the 2 but small rumblings can become gigantic chasms, if dealt with incorrectly.

When there's a big change in management and it's not handled correctly, let me tell you that it's never the good staff that stick around, just the shit ones.

By all means change the coach, just do it the right way.
Gameday results are everything.

Birds of Tokyo songs and inflatable tubes are just much lower on my checklist then others I suppose

Players most certainly do leave the club they are at if they believe the clubs immediate future is a shambles and if they don't think the club is correcting anything to stop it being a shambles.

Sacking Simpson this week projects strength and a desire to fix the rot in our club, it most certainly does not project it being in a shambles.

If reid was leaving because the club was in a shambles I think he would be inclined to stay if he saw positive change at the club to change the direction and do something I stead of tread water in the shitness.

Sacking Simpson this week is a complete knee-jerk reaction to talk back radio nuffies.

By all means, put him on notice for the next 3 games and let him know that if they're like the Hawthorn game, then sayonara.

You can't say sacking a coach one loss a game after everyone was generally positive about the effort against Essendon away is a show of 'strength'.

Quite the opposite, in my opinion.

Gameday results are everything.

Birds of Tokyo songs and inflatable tubes are just much lower on my checklist then others I suppose
Cool.

GameDay results are better than the past 2 seasons because we got players back on the park.

Now Pyke can properly asses whether it's the players, coaches ,or both, that are the issue.

Thankfully there's no more hiding for either group so for me, it's the coaches under scrutiny first, then the senior players but you can only truly assess the players under a different coach, which is why that needs to be overhauled first.

Sacking Simpson this week is a complete knee-jerk reaction to talk back radio nuffies.

By all means, put him on notice for the next 3 games and let him know that if they're like the Hawthorn game, then sayonara.

You can't say sacking a coach one loss a game after everyone was generally positive about the effort against Essendon away is a show of 'strength'.

Quite the opposite, in my opinion.
Are you sacking because of the result of one game? It’s more than that.

You are sacking him cos of the poor club culture at this point. If it was just a results issue I’d wait til end of the season. At this stage it’s just more then that

If someone is creating a poor culture, you don’t wait to sack them, you do it immediately. This is the place Simmo is at

Okay bit confused what your point is then
My point was I don't want a complete and utter shit fight like Norf had when JHF was drafted.

If you want to prove to your best talent that it's worth them staying, then handling exits and following a proper system to appoint a replacement would be a good start, instead of everyone airing their dirty laundry out in the public.

Are you sacking because of the result as one game? It’s more than that.

You are sacking him cos of the poor club culture at this point. If it was just a results issue I’d wait til end of the season. At this stage it’s just more then that

If someone is creating a poor culture, you don’t wait to sack them, you do it immediately. This is the place Simmo is at
I don't disagree, but a few weeks ago were were all up and about after a few wins.

Improvement isn't linear but if he can't get anything out of 14 premiership players then it's probably time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back