Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Skip to 2024: Simpson coaching tenure officially ends

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It matters not who the target may be, in my opinion the real rebuild cannot start until simmo is gone. A big deep breath with a new message and new voice is so critical to this group. Many of whom will not last long with new coach.
I agree, he needs to go sooner rather than later. If he goes now, what do you do for a coach? Schofield or Knights are really the only options to see out the year.

It matters not who the target may be, in my opinion the real rebuild cannot start until simmo is gone. A big deep breath with a new message and new voice is so critical to this group. Many of whom will not last long with new coach.
You gotta have faith in yourself also that you will hire someone better.

The logic of "no one better exists" doesnt really exist. You should believe in your own ability to find someone better, even if that means no one here has his picture framed up on your wall

I mean if Pyke is looking at it like "I cant find anyone better" he wouldnt have made it this far in life if we are being fair dinkum

Sure but that's ultimately to do with our on-field performance, I'm talking about the football club starting to feel more like an actual football club again (past players coming back to the club, get rid of the shitty eagle bouncy castle, hopefully getting rid of the song, having the women's team being more involved in activities etc with the men's team).
I think Pyke has probably decided that we need to revamp the club from the top down, off field and on field culture both.
He was stuck with Simpson this year because lets face it, he's not going to get approval from the board to dump Simpson in January when you're going to have to pay a stupid amount to do it and you're going to struggle to get a decent coach to replace him.
If it was me Simpson would be gone this week, but when you think about it what happens if we really want someone like Cox, we install a caretaker coach like Schofield and they do alright in the last part of the season. There would be massive pressure to stick with the caretaker coach and give him a shot.
The football club doesnt feel like more of a actual football club again to me at all. I think all the above is pointless dribble drabble and 2% of the picture.

The 98% that matters where players give soulless interviews about wanting to do better while our coach sits in the box emotionless to then lead a monotone press conference after the game where he says a mountain of buzzwords about change and getting better, then 4 days later does absolutely nothing different. This part hasnt changed from last year, and in reality it has simply gotten worse.

The 98% is still broken to me. Thats what i want fixed. We can discuss Birds of Tokyos musical ability later. We got things to fix that dont involve singing

I agree, he needs to go sooner rather than later. If he goes now, what do you do for a coach? Schofield or Knights are really the only options to see out the year.

I am not worried who because it doesn’t matter right now. Either of them will be fine to see out the year. It’s more about putting these players and that is the entire squad on notice that the credits are gone, that the players choose what they want to do is thrown out.
Pretty much an 8 week job interview for the squad.
The players need to know they are no longer in charge, they will fo what they are told, when they are told.
Now if the interim coach gets the job long term that’s great, if it’s someone else then also great.
The club in my opinion is in a position though thst it simply cannot be Adam Simpson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Knights sucks that would be disastrous to put him in charge. Schofield only option if we sack Simpson now.

Let him go in the offseason when we can properly scout a replacement.

Simpson on channel 7 was asked if he is confident in his ability to coach the club through the rebuild and he bristled saying he's asked him this a few times.
Answered he is confident in his own ability.
What else is he going to say lol.

In response to dropping players he said we were good against Essendon and it takes 3 or 4 weeks of poor performances to make changes

Not really the point.

Confirmation bias on something that simply happened to work out isn't a great way to base your decisions.
Its neither confirmation or a loss really. Each single instance will define itself along the way that way. If Reid goes lets not pretend we will 100% definetly be worse off either is all im saying

If Reid wants to go cos he loves Simmo then so be it.

Simpson on channel 7 was asked if he is confident in his ability to coach the club through the rebuild and he bristled saying he's asked him this a few times.
Answered he is confident in his own ability.
What else is he going to say lol.

In response to dropping players he said we were good against Essendon and it takes 3 or 4 weeks of poor performances to make changes

Of course we have no idea what the club says to him or have promised him. But he seriously is taking this club down and it seems no one seems to concerned at the club about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back