Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you actually look at the teams performance over the last few years you can clearly see where the deficiencies are i.e. midfield depth and hardness, yet the recruiting and game plan has yet to address that issue.
Yeah and not even trying too, sack the coach

Every coach should have a plan B or plan C or even D. If you only be have the one game plan, then you are from time to time going to come unstuck obviously.

That one game plan has consistently failed to deliver when it has mattered. Still its too early in the season so lets see if he has some tweaks up his sleeve.

We kick straighter then we praise Simmo funny game is the football.
Disagree.

The slingshot out through our one paced midfield to a running forward (generally small) has been evident since preseason 2016

Nothing has changed and that is very frustrating.

Time for a rebuild. Put Priddis and Mitchell out to pasture end season. Trade Darling and Ezy. Play the kids. We no win flag this yr.
Well hallo Mr Panic Merchant. If we had lost by about 10 goals or more then you might have a case. Let's see how things pan out by seasons end, as there is b***** all we can do about it for this year. The players just need to show a bit more killer instinct, and where is the leadership.

Because of 3 questionable decisions of 3 years?

The pessimism on this board is ridiculous sometimes.
Primarily his versatility mantra when he started, which had us all excited, and the complete lack of a Plan B that goes against what he said.

Need to change the attitude of the soft tackles. Yes tackling softer gives away less free kicks, however there comes a point where the umpires stop paying them against because the free kick count will be too out of wack.

Tackling harder gives away 10 frees a game more, but the umpires will let it slide in close games in the 4th quarter after a -10 free kick count in first half.

I think Simmo is getting a little too cute with the game plan. I reckon he should just tell his guys to go hard at the ball and do the small things for their team mates i..e sheppard, tap to advantage, gut run etc. Footy should be about guys just backing their instincts and ability instead of playing off a song sheet.

Disagree.

Simpson is partly to blame - his gameplan seemed to demand we go wider and that resulted in tough shots.
That's always been our problem at the MCG though. It's not new as of today. We just have to learn how to play grounds that are wider than Subi. Will be very interesting next year to see how we play atvthe new stadium, as aren't the dimensions similar to the MCG?

Are we really taking this loss that seriously?

For whatever reason, it was an off day for us, simple as that. We still are a top 4 team, with the better list, and any other day if the week we would've won.

Remember what happened after the Collingwood loss last year?

Have a little faith, don't start calling the season a bust only 3 rounds into the season.
The same thing happened last year though.. looked sluggish in the preseason, looked sluggish in the first few games, and then we were chasing our tail for the whole season really as we never clicked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's always been our problem at the MCG though. It's not new as of today. We just have to learn how to play grounds that are wider than Subi. Will be very interesting next year to see how we play atvthe new stadium, as aren't the dimensions similar to the MCG?
Basically between Subi and the 'G. Wider and shorter than the former, narrower and longer than the latter.

What annoys me most about us at the MCG is that we have players like Darling who are strong and fast, yet we still get congested and stifled. We have a generally well-functioning forward line, but they looked so cramped today.

I picked richmond. The modern game has become like soccer but our ball movement was nonexistent for long periods of the game today and it was last week and for parts in rd1. Other teams have gotten us on the break more than we seem to. Darling needs a kick up the ass. To put it bluntly i've had enough of him ****ing things up that an U18 wouldnt.

Primarily his versatility mantra when he started, which had us all excited, and the complete lack of a Plan B that goes against what he said.

So an off day = no Plan B?

No club works like that. I can tell you, without looking behind the scenes, that all coaches have backup strategies if the main gameplan is falling through.

It just doesn't make sense to think that any coach would be that on dimensional. If they were in today's game, they would be butchered every week.

Some very easy Shots missed though.
From both sides

As from the previous 2 games. Norf kicked themselves way out of it 1st half Rnd 1.

Not being pessimistic - asking questions about the plan and where its at.

The same thing happened last year though.. looked sluggish in the preseason, looked sluggish in the first few games, and then we were chasing our tail for the whole season really as we never clicked.

I'd say we clicked in the last 3 rounds after that GWS win, that was some of the best footy we played since 2015. Anyway, just give Simpson some time, we're only 3 rounds into the season.

I'd say we clicked in the last 3 rounds after that GWS win, that was some of the best footy we played since 2015.
I agree.

But then explain why M Brown was picked for that diabolical EF and shoved into a FP??

From both sides

As from the previous 2 games. Norf kicked themselves way out of it 1st half Rnd 1.

Not being pessimistic - asking questions about the plan and where its at.
But if we kick straight it's working. Many of coaches and teams have got in trouble by changing too much because of a few narrow losses. Have to back in what you know but do it better ie kick the goals !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back