Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a true believer that Trevor has been there more than long enough but I don't understand that many think if we get a new CEO our football fortunes will start to change. People are making it sound like the new CEO will be a Brownlow medalist midfielder.
I think both Trevor and Adam have been there too long.

I am a true believer that Trevor has been there more than long enough but I don't understand that many think if we get a new CEO our football fortunes will start to change. People are making it sound like the new CEO will be a Brownlow medalist midfielder.
I posted this before but if you are considering moving on the coach then the CEO goes first.
You can't have the outgoing CEO picking the new coach. Fresh eyes first to oversea everything and then if they determine a new coach is needed then so be it.
Sacking Simmo and leaving king nissie in place for 12-18 months is just dumb.

Did you end up getting a reply?
I also sent them an Email and got a response just now. Will post it below as it was interesting to read.
Some context, my email was sent prior to the win so we had pick 1 at the time. Basically expressed dissatisfaction with the board and the word that Simmo would be sacked after they publicly backed going down this path and supported him. Also suggested not being dumb and just pick Reid (lol).

View attachment 1781043
I did get a reply and I will see if I can load it on here. Very interesting as they backed Simmo etc.

I posted this before but if you are considering moving on the coach then the CEO goes first.
You can't have the outgoing CEO picking the new coach. Fresh eyes first to oversea everything and then if they determine a new coach is needed then so be it.
Sacking Simmo and leaving king nissie in place for 12-18 months is just dumb.

It is dumber to keep Simmo with a bunch of new kids coming into the club next year. Like I said they should be both gone in my opinion, and Gepp as well.

It is dumber to keep Simmo with a bunch of new kids coming into the club next year. Like I said they should be both gone in my opinion, and Gepp as well.
As you have been telling us again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again

And again, and again, and again, and again.

Replacing Nisbett won’t have a direct impact over onfield fortunes

But I believe it will have an impact on some of the broader cultural issues that have been plaguing the club including having a wider array of people having a say in operations without his fingerprints on everything.

In turn, that could have an indirect impact on performance

As for Simpson, I disagree with but respect your opinion that he should go and aren’t going to waste your or my time arguing over it. FWIW, I think your case is stronger than mine based on evidence

His demeanour has certainly changed. Not sure if that should be taken as he’s been told he’s going but I think he’s concerned he doesn’t have the same confidence he has the board’s support that he had pre-derby

Until the derby I think he felt his position was secure but doubts have crept in since
I've noticed this also.

From the photo, I cannot see King Nissie I. Maybe the board are just going through the time line on getting us a new CEO

In all honesty cannot see a place for Nizzy in board discussions about what went wrong and what do we do next. I see him as a big part of the problem.

Conflict of interest is a phrase that comes to mind.

Edit : Mulldogs post 12850 indicate Nizzy was absent - that’s a good thing IMO.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This current board / split shouldn’t be making decisions for the future of the club beyond next year.

Agree with the above that it’s silly to have this club making decisions past the current ceos tenure.

Succession to nisbett and final changes at operational level need to be sorted first

Replacing Nisbett won’t have a direct impact over onfield fortunes

But I believe it will have an impact on some of the broader cultural issues that have been plaguing the club including having a wider array of people having a say in operations without his fingerprints on everything.

In turn, that could have an indirect impact on performance

As for Simpson, I disagree with but respect your opinion that he should go and aren’t going to waste your or my time arguing over it. FWIW, I think your case is stronger than mine based on evidence

I think the bolded bit is a good point. Cheers

So you are not happy I have an opposite opinion than yours?
I am very happy for you to have an opposite opinion as it is the nature of discussion.
I see you as way to adamant with your opinion to the point of starting to think your surname is nisbett.
Applaud what the players just did this weekend and give Simmo a little credit for achieving the task of 38 odd men having his back.

I am very happy for you to have an opposite opinion as it is the nature of discussion.
I see you as way to adamant with your opinion to the point of starting to think your surname is nisbett.
Applaud what the players just did this weekend and give Simmo a little credit for achieving the task of 38 odd men having his back.

How are you not any less adamant with your opinion? Where did I not applaud their performance yesterday? Great effort by the group and enjoyable to watch.
Doesn't change how things are though or change why those same players didn't try last week.

How are you not any less adamant with your opinion? Where did I not applaud their performance yesterday? Great effort by the group and enjoyable to watch.
Doesn't change how things are though or change why those same players didn't try last week.
You have never had an off day when just nothing went right?
Essendon just got spanked by plenty, we all have bad hair days, hell, I have had bad hair years.

In all honesty cannot see a place for Nizzy in board discussions

Could’ve stopped there.

Shouldn’t be on the board full stop. Hopefully the next guy isnt.

Like most of the media, I've only taken the headline out of what Ryan Daniels says in this podcast, so there is more context to what he is saying, but Ryan says the following re Adam Simpson:

"If I had to bet on it, I'd say he'll be there next year"

According to Eddie Everywhere Simmo is gone unless some very last minute change....

Article below. Heresay???

EXCLUSIVE: Eddie McGuire drops Adam Simpson sacking news as West Coast releases cryptic statement​

Emily Patterson headshot
By Emily Patterson
3 hours ago

Former Collingwood president Eddie McGuire is led to believe, barring a last-minute change of heart, Adam Simpson will be sacked by the West Coast Eagles this week.

Speaking on Nine's Eddie and Jimmy podcast, McGuire addressed footage shown exclusively on 9News Melbourne of West Coast board members meeting over the weekend in Melbourne.

"Not the full board, but the board came over. They usually come over once a year for a meeting in Melbourne," he said.

"My understanding of it was to just completely nut out the separation and the payments and everything.

"The club is very adamant that he does go unless there is a last-minute switch."

With several meetings held across two days, McGuire said Simpson's severance package had been decided on Saturday.

"Unless there is a last-minute change, everything is in order for [Simpson's dismissal] to be announced this week," he said.

"[Simpson] can finish with his three premiership players and do hopefully a lap, and do it the right way and let him go out in style.

"But my understanding is that they've worked out what their severance scenario will be."

The Eagles' shock seven-point win over the Bulldogs on Sunday couldn't have come at a better time for Simpson, after a difficult week, with tanking allegations hanging over his head.

"I know what's going on in this one — he was right after the Essendon game [in round 21]," McGuire said.

"They actually said ... the idea was to get him through — he's had a hard period, he can coach, he is our bloke, we like him a lot.

"Go and have a big long holiday, [they'll] bring in the best sports medicine people, which they're doing, get rid of the older players and free up the salary cap which they're doing, play the kids, which they're doing.

"They have a win on the weekend and suddenly those kids who looked like duffers a week before, you go, 'Yeah, there's a couple of good kids in there'."

The Eagles released a cryptic statement on Monday to seemingly quash any sacking rumours and refute McGuire's claims.

"The West Coast Eagles board met this morning for an informal discussion at the home of chairman Paul Fitzpatrick," the club wrote in a statement.

"The club remains firm on its position that no decisions have been made around the future of any staff members and that none of those key decisions will be made until after the season.

"Our club is focused on celebrating the careers of three champions – Shannon Hurn, Luke Shuey and Nic Naitanui – at our final match of the season against Adelaide at Optus Stadium on Saturday night."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back