Cookie

Club Legend
May 2, 2004
Right in front of you
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
CreweAlex,SF Giants,Detroit Lions
So what if you're the "best defensive team of all time". It will never get you a premiership. It took 3 quarters for Geelong to realise to get the ball forward at all costs. It paid off. Just as I'm typing, Walls just suggested that the Saints need to kick more goals.

How true that is.

Well done Cats for showing all what is needed to win the big one.

aflgf014ac.jpg

EDIT: DeadlySpeller beat me to it.

Are you serious? Teams with the best defensive record have a better premiership record, I reckon, than teams with the best offensive record. Stats nerds? Please substantiate my point for me. :thumbsu:

I don't think there is anything wrong with our game plan. In the end if we had kicked straight we could still have won.

We had more had about 15 more inside 50s so you cant say we didn't attack!

How about Sydne-oh, right

One thing I will say, if you are watching the first half of a granny, and your side is playing really well, is a goal or two in front and has had a heap of opportunities but has missed a lot of goals they should have kicked, you might as well leave early and beat the traffic.

In games where every player will take out every ounce of energy left in them before the final siren, inaccurate goal kicking absolutely kills teams.

So what if you're the "best defensive team of all time". It will never get you a premiership. It took 3 quarters for Geelong to realise to get the ball forward at all costs. It paid off. Just as I'm typing, Walls just suggested that the Saints need to kick more goals.

How true that is.

Sydney won the premiership against one of the most attacking midfields we've seen this decade.

Also, whilst geelong are an attacking team, their midfield and defence know how to defend and defend well.

Not being able to defend (particularly in the midfield) = no premiership.

How true that is.

You do realise that wet weather footy is the worst for teams that base their attack around key forwards as much as St Kilda do, right?

Oh wait, your team doesn't believe in having key forwards:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How true that is.

Thankyou mate.....deadly whatever his name is, is a F.......Head.

Oh my, he's found a poster who's theory was totally blown out of the water by everyone else in the thread and befriended him. That is the saddest thing I've ever seen.

If they'd attacked a bit more accurately (especially in the second quarter) that "defensive game" would have done the job quite nicely.

I think people are getting confused between attacking and putting a score on the board.

We attacked plenty - Geelongs defence deserves some credit for stopping us, also we should have kicked straighter

What the hell does Robert Walls know. He commentates through his selection: did you hear him today, on the Saints wagon. It was all about the Saints this and the Saints that. ONLY when the Cats looked likely to win did he mention them.
And, irritation plus quotes: "They play for each other"

Nothing but a sanctimonious, self righteous old fart. And a TERRIBLE coach: clubs couldn't wait to dump him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adefensive game will never win you a Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Back