Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thing that really infuriates me about the season thus far.

We made a massive effort for Round One to bridge the gap between the original Crows legends and the current squad. The men from 1991 came back and brought the original passion that kick started the club with them.

I recall Craig saying how we dont normally get two emotional but that week was an exception, everyone had to acknowledge the founding players -as they damn well should!!

It worked beautifully. I put our Round One win down to Bones pre match speech. It was good old fashioned stuff and the boys did it for the originals. I think they loved hearing a new voice and gaining a different perspective of the AFC.

Unfortunatley we let the passion run dry. Once we went back to normal, well we all saw what occured yesterday.

It shits me that we didnt build on what Chris and the guys talked about. I wish his Sunday Mail article from that week was online because it was spot on. I loved his memories of our "can do" approach of the 1990 pre season. Yes we knew we were undersized, inexperinced and all that - but it was great. It became part of the adventure of building the club.

They still took it on and attacked the job as best they could. They got smashed but along the way, but still set standards for the club that resonate now.

Aggressive, passionate, attacking play with silky, sharp skills. Flair. Dash. These are key characteristics of the club that have gone missing over several years. This is what the Crows are about for mine and I was hoping with the 20 years promotion, that the club would take on a "can do" mentality and try to be like the Crows of 20 years ago this year.

No suck luck. Its back to the usual spin of hearing about the things we aren't and losing the same way all over again. We know what the AFC should be about, we all saw it during Round One. Sadly the club leaders havent kept he fire going.

Excellent post. It's interesting that our only 2 wins this year came from two games where we did things that Craig actively and publicly disapproves of. In game 1 we got taken over by emotion, and against the Saints we played hard unsociable football.

Excellent post. It's interesting that our only 2 wins this year came from two games where we did things that Craig actively and publicly disapproves of. In game 1 we got taken over by emotion, and against the Saints we played hard unsociable football.

Which won't work all the time if it's your staple diet, but it DOES prove that it can work for one-off occasions, when you just need to forget about next week or the rest of the season, and win THIS game. It's a mentality Craig doesn't buy, and it gives us a window into why his record in finals is poor. Finals are one-off games.

c3po1.jpg

Neil Craig’s new breed of AFL footballer, ultra nice with strict programming.:p

Re: This weeks Neil Craig Master Class

On 5AA Cornes asked him about this and mentioned that the examples shown to the media were good football, but not your aggressive and high intensity examples that he could have shown and gave examples that he would have used. Craig said that the media had only been shown some examples and that the other things that Cornes had mentioned were in the package too.

So why not show the proper examples to the media?

For the first time ever, I wouldn't be bothered if Craig wasn't our Coach next year.

Crow-Mo's got cookies...

Anyway - Jenny, you really need to start accepting the results we are getting rather than throwing up maybes/perhaps/what if they were trying to achieve xyz.

Whatever those other angles we are not aware of are.... they are not eventuating in the results we all want to see.

So why not show the proper examples to the media?

For the first time ever, I wouldn't be bothered if Craig wasn't our Coach next year.

I don't know the reasons why... just going on what he said. I have no reason to doubt that he would have showed the players a package more substantial than what he showed the media.

Would I be bothered if he wasn't our Coach next year? Hmm. Depends on who replaces him I guess. But certainly, I'd be disappointed for him because I believe he deserves a chance to see this squad (the one of his making) through.

I don't know the reasons why... just going on what he said. I have no reason to doubt that he would have showed the players a package more substantial than what he showed the media.

Would I be bothered if he wasn't our Coach next year? Hmm. Depends on who replaces him I guess. But certainly, I'd be disappointed for him because I believe he deserves a chance to see this squad (the one of his making) through.

I think he has had more than enough chances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of pathetic jokes...

art_wbAFLcrows-200x0.jpg

Does this count as a contested mark?

That's embarrassing.

Am I wrong in thinking that maybe a loss to Gold Coast next week is better for the club then a narrow win? I don't see us winning by a large margin, not with the crap they've dished up so far this season. A loss to the youngest, most inexperienced side in the competition would surely prove a need for a complete change in game plan as well as possibly management.

That's embarrassing.

Am I wrong in thinking that maybe a loss to Gold Coast next week is better for the club then a narrow win? I don't see us winning by a large margin, not with the crap they've dished up so far this season. A loss to the youngest, most inexperienced side in the competition would surely prove a need for a complete change in game plan as well as possibly management.
You're not the only one.

Craig and co. seem to have just ignored the pathetic performance in the Melbourne game because we played OK against the Saints the week before (and how about that 2nd half vs the Hawks? Brilliant). Maybe a loss to the Suns will force something to change.

...Am I wrong in thinking that maybe a loss to Gold Coast next week is better for the club then a narrow win? I don't see us winning by a large margin, not with the crap they've dished up so far this season. A loss to the youngest, most inexperienced side in the competition would surely prove a need for a complete change in game plan as well as possibly management.

Certainly you are wrong. We should always try to win. Anything other than wholehearted effort is weak - like last week.

And a change of coach would not solve the problem - that will take some games, some returns and some effort.

Short term "New Coach syndrome" might kick-start some players, but long term neither the team nor individual players would be better off under Bassett, Bickley or Goodwin.

(Mind you, if MM were available it would be 'Suck it up, NC: MMs are better than Juicy Fruit. :D)

Meh, we were 3-5 in 2009 and made a good campaign of it. We're 3-4 if we beat the Suns, and who knows where the **** we'll go from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back