Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: This weeks Neil Craig Master Class

I couldn't believe it when he showed footage of a regulation fist of the ball over the boundary line by Doughty, and talked it up as some act of exemplary toughness :confused: Even more inexplicable is how the resident arsehats on here seem to have lapped up his dog and pony show.

To be honest, I watched that and thought the man had gone completely nuts. It was one of those "there are no americans in Iraq" moments.

At least you guys didnt fly over from Perth to watch that pathetic display :mad:, I stayed til the very end but couldnt wait to get back to the hotel and rip my guernsey off.

Just slaughtered in every position on the ground, no desire or will to win the hard ball, LAY A ####ING TACKLE!!!!!!!! Sloane alright for his first game back, Kid has real guts, pity about his 21 teammates. :thumbsdown:

I couldn't believe it when he showed footage of a regulation fist of the ball over the boundary line by Doughty, and talked it up as some act of exemplary toughness :confused: Even more inexplicable is how the resident arsehats on here seem to have lapped up his dog and pony show.

Jenny, Vader and SydCrow perhaps??

I think we need to ask one question - What does our club stand for? What is our identity?

I don't think we have an identity, and I don't think we stand for anything. Under the current regime we've very quickly becoming an irrelevance in the world of football. Poorly led on the business side, let's not talk about the football side, dwindling crowds - we're basically Port Adelaide Power wearing red, blue and yellow.

I think this point is spot on.

Other footy clubs have "culture" - both as a club and ingrained in their fans.

For those of you who live in Adelaide and don't get to go to Melbourne-based teams home games like I do, you can sense and feel it every time you step inside the G or Etihad or Kardinia. It is called PASSION!

The malaise that is currently afflicting the AFC starts with the type of footy we display on the field and that is a direct response to the coaches, selectors, recruiters and admin staff.

The players are merely the instrument that is used to exhibit the club's culture. The fans then pick up on this and the heart and soul of a club is able to beat.

I also ask this question:

"What does the AFC stand for? What is our culture?"

Craigy is merely a manifestion of a "nothing" club - he is allowed to rule in this fashion and the players and fans respond accordingly.

They don't call us a franchise for nothing I am afraid to say. Even Port have passion (even when they are down - ergo their Showdown performances).

Fix the culture problem and this will go a long way to fixing our on-field performances.

Jenny, Vader and SydCrow perhaps??
Where have I commented on his dog & pony show last week in a positive light?

I'm happy to defend the fact that our players shouldn't be indulging in stupid behind the play acts of pretend toughness, resulting in them getting suspended.. but that's about it.

I hadn't seen Craig's dog & pony show until Sunday, when they showed part of it during the game. I thought it was positively laughable that he could highlight Doughty's spoiling as being a particularly tough act.

I hadn't seen Craig's dog & pony show until Sunday, when they showed part of it during the game. I thought it was positively laughable that he could highlight Doughty's spoiling as being a particularly tough act.

I think it may have been after last week's game, when asked about the inconsistency of the squad, he said something like we have to expect that with such a young group. He then went on to say we can't expect our young players to be as good as Michael Doughty in the real crunch, decision making parts of the game.

I nearly drove off the road.

It staggers me that people are surprised that this man has gone nuts. He has been out of step since at least January last year, when he admitted the pre season regime was causing injuries and said "but there'll be no backing off."

The man is out of control. How many more times does it need to be proven?

Yesterday was a bad as I can remember. It was Port Adelaide like. I agree 100% for the first time with Rowey. Why did we all week tell the world that we arent going to play unsociable football and drill it into the players heads. I am still a massive Neil Craig supporter but he has to be smarter than that. Another performance like that and the alarm bells will well and truly be ringing...

If they haven't been ringing for you long before yesterday than Im afraid your alarm clock is well and truly malfunctioning. Get a new one.

It doesn't help when you use one of these.

237949776_dde2c31376.jpg

Yesterday was a bad as I can remember. It was Port Adelaide like. I agree 100% for the first time with Rowey. Why did we all week tell the world that we arent going to play unsociable football and drill it into the players heads. I am still a massive Neil Craig supporter but he has to be smarter than that. Another performance like that and the alarm bells will well and truly be ringing...

The alarm bells started during the massie franklin incident and were well and truly ringing at the end of 2008. Too many one time costly mistakes early on and the writing was on the wall.

I cannot fathem why anyone would still support this guy, he has turned us into a side worse than the Shaw years and is single handedly sticking it up the loyal supporter base with his press conferences and stubbornness.

I will ask the question once again. Rob Chapman where are you? Show your face you coward, address the members!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That comment would have been ok if it were 2007.

It isn't. Two or three wins against lowly opposition doesn't change the root of the problem, which has existed for years.

I know what you mean and somewhat agree with you. But, when Adelaide wins the hype on here and in the media gets out of control. Even listening to Dermie saying the only difference between us and Collingwood is time. Whilst I think we will be a good team in 3 years we are IMO a young, average team.. Listening to the radio and hearing comentators saying they thought we were favourites vs Melbourne at the MCG? What are they smoking?
I had no doubt we would get done yesterday. But I never thought we wouldnt have a crack.

Sorry for the intrusion, but reading all those posts about how Craig is a 'mad man' reminded me of that scene in Liar Liar where Fletcher tries to get his case adjourned by beating himself up...

Bickley: I found him like this in the bathroom, Steven. Somebody beat the hell out of him!

Trigg: Who did this?!

Craig: A mad man, Steven! A desperate fool at the end of his pitiful rope!

Trigg: What did he look like?

Craig: About 5'11", 80 kgs, no teeth, kinda stocky.

I think we need to ask one question - What does our club stand for? What is our identity?

I don't think we have an identity, and I don't think we stand for anything. Under the current regime we've very quickly becoming an irrelevance in the world of football. Poorly led on the business side, let's not talk about the football side, dwindling crowds - we're basically Port Adelaide Power wearing red, blue and yellow.

This is the thing that really infuriates me about the season thus far.

We made a massive effort for Round One to bridge the gap between the original Crows legends and the current squad. The men from 1991 came back and brought the original passion that kick started the club with them.

I recall Craig saying how we dont normally get two emotional but that week was an exception, everyone had to acknowledge the founding players -as they damn well should!!

It worked beautifully. I put our Round One win down to Bones pre match speech. It was good old fashioned stuff and the boys did it for the originals. I think they loved hearing a new voice and gaining a different perspective of the AFC.

Unfortunatley we let the passion run dry. Once we went back to normal, well we all saw what occured yesterday.

It shits me that we didnt build on what Chris and the guys talked about. I wish his Sunday Mail article from that week was online because it was spot on. I loved his memories of our "can do" approach of the 1990 pre season. Yes we knew we were undersized, inexperinced and all that - but it was great. It became part of the adventure of building the club.

They still took it on and attacked the job as best they could. They got smashed but along the way, but still set standards for the club that resonate now.

Aggressive, passionate, attacking play with silky, sharp skills. Flair. Dash. These are key characteristics of the club that have gone missing over several years. This is what the Crows are about for mine and I was hoping with the 20 years promotion, that the club would take on a "can do" mentality and try to be like the Crows of 20 years ago this year.

No suck luck. Its back to the usual spin of hearing about the things we aren't and losing the same way all over again. We know what the AFC should be about, we all saw it during Round One. Sadly the club leaders havent kept he fire going.

Yeah, nah, we aren't quite that bad on and off the field. You have every right to be angry atm, but at least talk some sense.

Its not frontal pressure there isn't any, these players make little commitment to or run away from the player with the ball conceding the possession and spread to form zones or chase a player while the ball carrier simply breaks the lines and hits someone on the lead.
In the midfield the same player receives the tap down most of the time regardless of who wins the taps most occasions but does he get a sweeper hitting him at the ball drop or does he just lead his player to the ball and walk through their weak bodiless tackles?
Beyond that they weren't even taking simple marks, were incapable of picking up the ball it's as if they were all broken in strawberries on their first day working their corner.

Jenny, he showed them a spoil and picking up the ball off the ground.

Big deal - if they're examples of stellar efforts (which, after the weekend, they would be), then we're well and truly screwed.

On 5AA Cornes asked him about this and mentioned that the examples shown to the media were good football, but not your aggressive and high intensity examples that he could have shown and gave examples that he would have used. Craig said that the media had only been shown some examples and that the other things that Cornes had mentioned were in the package too.

Get out! He moved an onballer onto the ball??? With visionary moves like this it really is a wonder how Craig hasn't managed to snare a flag yet :eek:

Jesus Christ, next you'll be praising him for his ability to draw breath :thumbsdown:

I am not sure, but I don't think Sloane played on the ball until the final quarter. Remember, he has a plate and screws in his jaw - perhaps they didn't want to throw him in the deep end?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Adelaide are a pathetic joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back