Banter Adelaide Board's Combined Politics/Covid discussion Banter Thread (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone said you have to take x number of panadols over x time frame regardless of your medical state, indefinitely, otherwise you’re getting the sack, would you do it?

Well, we know you would, because you’re spineless, but the question is would any of your mates here do it?
If there was a point to doing it, which had been established in proper trials, then this might be a meaningful comparison.

Is it a coincidence that he believes this and also needs a medical exemption?

“I have made my position to the board clear that while I am not anti-vaccination generally, corporations should not tell their staff and footy fans what medical treatment is good for them through a mandatory vaccination policy,” Dr Takos said.
The afl arent stating that at all. The whole premise is so they don't lose millions through lost sponsorship and revenue through lost games because of some people who choose within their rights not to get vaccinated. It's a fair and reasonable policy to take. If they didn't have this policy and he walks in with covid and infects half the side so they can't play, is he simply going to say 'oops, my bad.'

His stance while taken is right in his mind for him and that he doesn't want to get vaxxed, he needs to accept that in a sporting industry with limited options for fixtures and travel, he needs to simply shut up and get out of the way and not have a dummy spit about it. That to me is so much more selfish than the afl actually having the mandate. This is entirely different from private industry where you can understand alot of what he is saying. But it does not apply to sport. It just doesn't.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If someone said you have to take x number of panadols over x time frame regardless of your medical state, indefinitely, otherwise you’re getting the sack, would you do it?

Well, we know you would, because you’re spineless, but the question is would any of your mates here do it?
LOL, nice to see you are bringing your hysteria over here

The important question is, are you still taking your pills?

The afl arent stating that at all. The whole premise is so they don't lose millions through lost sponsorship and revenue through lost games because of some people who choose within their rights not to get vaccinated. It's a fair and reasonable policy to take. If they didn't have this policy and he walks in with covid and infects half the side so they can't play, is he simply going to say 'oops, my bad.'

Why wouldn’t they be able to play?

Not as gullible as people thinking this would all be over if you got vaccinated

Don’t think anyone thought we were going back totally to what we had prior to this pandemic. There were going to restrictions but at what level was the talking point. If you are fully vaccinated, you can travel, go out etc. if unvaccinated, you stay home. Seems about fair. Community responsibility.

Are still one of those “let it rip” sort of individuals?

Why wouldn’t they be able to play?
Is this a serious question? Why wouldn't contagious footballers be allowed out to play a game?

I've not read any of your posts on the other thread, but some of your work here has a real "Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake" vibe.

I don't understand why Victoria are still recording high cases and NSW aren't.
This article provides at least some of the answers to that question.

Short version:
  • Victoria came out of lockdown with cases at a much higher level than NSW, which has resulted in a higher plateau.
  • Victoria's cases are more widely dispersed, making it harder to control.
  • They're not going back into lockdown, despite the high numbers, because their high vaccination rates mean that the hospital & ICU numbers are well down on the earlier peaks, and within the health system's capacity.

[
Don’t think anyone thought we were going back totally to what we had prior to this pandemic. There were going to restrictions but at what level was the talking point. If you are fully vaccinated, you can travel, go out etc. if unvaccinated, you stay home. Seems about fair. Community responsibility.

I'm double vaccinated, my life is pretty much back to normal. I've been to sporting events, pubs etc

The mask and waiting for society to deal with the anti vaccine morons are the only thing really holding us up. That and some over zealous politicians

Is this a serious question? Why wouldn't contagious footballers be allowed out to play a game?

It’s incredible how beyond rational thinking you people are.

It was a rhetorical question which outlines the insanity of where we are at.

Unless they are sick and not able to get up for the game, why wouldn’t they be able to play?

Because if they test positive, they’ll have to quarantine, right?

Just pause for a moment and reflect that we are about to enter our third season of this ****ing insanity.. where we are, presumably, going to be testing, tracking and quarantining… wait for it….a entire competition of fully vaccinated players.

Yeah. This is normal. This is all making perfect sense.

You blokes are absolutely out for the ****ing count.

This is not even relevant. No one is saying you have to have this vaccine for no reason.

Unless you've missed the news everyday for the last 2 years, there's actually a new virus out there which has killed over 5 million people in 2 years, is highly contagious and there is a vaccine for it which is PROVEN to significantly reduce the number of people dying, being very sick or passing the virus on to other people.

This vaccine is now available to all of us here in this very privileged society at no cost.

Now if my employer said that I had to take this to a) stop myself getting very sick, and b) to stop others getting very sick or dying, then 100% I will line up and take it, regardless whether I would be sacked or not.

If people decide not to get vaccinated, that's their decision, but it means there are consequences. Personally I think it's a really selfish decision to not want to protect others, but ultimately it's everyone's choice. I just hope the vast majority of people are compassionate and don't mind a minor inconvenience to protect the lives of others.

It’s incredible how beyond rational thinking you people are.

It was a rhetorical question which outlines the insanity of where we are at.

Unless they are sick and not able to get up for the game, why wouldn’t they be able to play?

Because if they test positive, they’ll have to quarantine, right?

Just pause for a moment and reflect that we are about to enter our third season of this ******* insanity.. where we are, presumably, going to be testing, tracking and quarantining… wait for it….a entire competition of fully vaccinated players.

Yeah. This is normal. This is all making perfect sense.

You blokes are absolutely out for the ******* count.
Which part of the policies are 'insanity'?

*Why am I even engaging in this, just use the Ignore function?*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did, and then it turns out the thing mutates quickly enough that it's a not-quite-as-fast-as-the-flu-but-still-fast-enough-mutating-to-be-a-huge-pita scenario

Just like the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States wanting a 55 year grace period before the Pfizer post authorization safety data from Dec 1 2020 -Feb 2021 was released. Why would the FDA want to keep the safety data for a vaccine away from the public? Surely that safety data belongs to the public. A Freedom of Information Act request was the only way that this manipulated data came to light. What came out was that Pfizer underreported adverse events and did everything in their power to limit the amount of adverse events reported.

Until you test positive, or are a close or casual contact.
dead right - every time anyone goes out and checks in with the QR code (or doesn't but uses a credit card or gets captured on CCTV etc at the venue in the critical timeframe), its roulette as to whether we have been lucky not to have been at a location that is a hot spot or not

A very good mate of mine is Aboriginal and he is waiting for the Novavax / Covax? due to the type of vaccine it is as he has had medical advice to wait for that vaccination - we were going to catch up at a pub for a drink but I suggested that we better make it a home catch up as he is in line for a 2 week quarantine if we got unlucky and that would rule out his christmas and all the lead up to it

Life is nothing like back to normal

dead right - every time anyone goes out and checks in with the QR code (or doesn't but uses a credit card or gets captured on CCTV etc at the venue in the critical timeframe), its roulette as to whether we have been lucky not to have been at a location that is a hot spot or not

A very good mate of mine is Aboriginal and he is waiting for the Novavax / Covax? due to the type of vaccine it is as he has had medical advice to wait for that vaccination - we were going to catch up at a pub for a drink but I suggested that we better make it a home catch up as he is in line for a 2 week quarantine if we got unlucky and that would rule out his christmas and all the lead up to it

On the other board I’m being asked what is insane about the possibility of another whole year of quarantine and testing in the AFL

People have lost their minds.

I've not read any of your posts on the other thread, but some of your work here has a real "Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake" vibe.
If they have Covid of course they can't play, but you can be fully vaccinated and still catch Covid and still pass it on - whats the difference? Meaning that it does not matter if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated, if you have Covid you can't play, you can still pass it on and you can still catch it so why the big deal on vaccination status as its not like the vaccination creates an impenetrable shield to stop Covid happening. Hopefully you won't get as sick if you do catch it vaccinated - that is why we vaccinate - to mitigate the damage to self

Edit. What about if you are not vaccinated and you don't have Covid - why can't you play? - rhetorical question

This article provides at least some of the answers to that question.

Short version:
  • Victoria came out of lockdown with cases at a much higher level than NSW, which has resulted in a higher plateau.
  • Victoria's cases are more widely dispersed, making it harder to control.
  • They're not going back into lockdown, despite the high numbers, because their high vaccination rates mean that the hospital & ICU numbers are well down on the earlier peaks, and within the health system's capacity.
Quite a reasonable agrument too.

SA seems to be tracking well with cases and hospitalisations as well.

Yes, but like the majority of people I haven't so all pretty normal here. ( I do live and work in areas that are close to or over 90% double vaccinated)
Ah, the woke leafy inner east. I got beat up the other day by 4 manscaped baristas for not wearing my flannel shirt ironically enough.

I’m unable to post it without getting banned for life
That's literally the point of this thread.

That two week quarantine over Xmas will just mean that people will stop using the check-in app which tbh rarely works anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back