SA Adelaide crowned Australia's "Most Liveable City".

Remove this Banner Ad

Not in my little part, clearly.

Whitehorse/Maroondah council areas for last 10 years.

Took me 35 minutes to drive 10km to work, then 5 minutes walk from where I parked my car.

Last lived in a rented 3 bedroom smallish place with cracks in the wall backing on to a school worth nearly 500k. Moved to FNQ and just bought a 9 year old 600m2 4 bedroom 2 bathroom for under 350k.

When we were moving out, there was a queue of over 30 people on our driveway waiting to inspect it before the agent even arrived.

Spent two months in Adelaide a couple of years ago and absolutely loved the place, It doesn't have the pretentiousness of Melbourne, Sydney or Perth. Easy to get around, great beach's, great pubs, nice people. it may not be as 'worldly' as some other cities but it struck me as a somehow more honest or 'ordinary' place, I am always happy to head over there for a visit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last time I went to Melbourne on Business I stayed at my Mum's place in Cockatoo. Left at 8 to get to work near Monash Uni by 9. Got halfway by 8.22 but was still late as the traffic came to a near stand still.

Had a 7am flight out the next morning, got to check in at 6:10 and waited in a very long line until 6:40 when they pulled the 7am flyers out of the big queue and into a special line. 5 minutes later and finally through, I had to run to the gate to catch the flight as they were announcing the last call before boarding was closed.

There was no way known they would have gotten all the American passengers on their LA flight via Sydney on there in time, and it was a connecting flight.

Making love to my gorgeous misses >>>> A sad combination of fapping and sechsing mediocre to horrible oasis bishes.

;)

I've lifted my game recently.

All done in the most liveable city in Australia.

Melbourne remains No. 3 for liveability
Tim Colebatch
February 12, 2010

MELBOURNE remains the third most liveable city in the world, and just 2.5 percentage points short of perfection, according to the latest rankings by the Economist Intelligence Unit.

Ranking 140 global cities on 30 criteria covering stability, healthcare, culture, environment, education and infrastructure, the think tank of The Economist magazine gives Melbourne a score of 97.5 out of a possible 100.

Winter Olympics host Vancouver remains No. 1 , scoring 98.0, despite its unfortunate lack of snow, while Vienna was ranked second with 97.9.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Harare, the capital of Zimbabwe, was judged the most unliveable city in the survey, with a total score of just 37.5. Dhaka, capital of Bangladesh, tied with Algiers as the second worst, followed by Port Moresby.

Half of the top 10 cities come from lands Down Under. Sydney was seventh, Perth and Adelaide equal eighth and Auckland 10th (96.1).

http://www.theage.com.au/executive-style/melbourne-remains-no-3-for-liveability-20100211-nv4g.html

game.set.match

Perth V Adeliade shitfight. GO

Been to Adelaide a few times and I really like the place. Afterall it has places open after the sun goes down which is something that can't be said for Perth.. 24 hour sports bar in the middle of the city, T**ty bar just across the street and about 500 or so metres up the street is a 24 pancake house..brilliant place for a visit. Living there though, I think I'll stick to Perth for the time being

24 hour sports bar in the middle of the city, T**ty bar just across the street

Have spent a few nights at the Rosemont watching a game of soccer then popped across to the Crazy Horse for a bit of a perve.

does livable mean safe and affordable? That doesnt necessarily mean good.

Yea, you want to be living somewhere as dangerous and expensive as possible :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's no everyday activity you can do in Melbourne that you can't do in Adelaide.

Drink the tap water.

Can be done easily, without any Puratap devices. Some areas have poorer tap water than others (tap water in the CBD is a little bitter tasting in my experience), but that's probably as much to do with old pipes/supply lines as it is to do with the actual water quality. I'm sure things are the same in other capital cities as well. The water is never going to be uniformly perfect tasting in every suburb.

SA Adelaide crowned Australia's "Most Liveable City".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back