Game Day Adelaide Crows v Gold Coast @ AO, 7.10pm Saturday 28/4/18

Remove this Banner Ad

No Sloane, Betts, Crouch, Smith, Hartigan after loosing Lever and Cameron. Thats 1/3rd of a side thats changed. Will take a while to gel.

Should be excited getting games into Milera, Doodee, Fogarty, Gallucci, Poholke and Murphy.

CEY, Seedsman and Greenwood continue to improve.

McGovern started to get his touch.

Hammys are the biggest issue that needs fixing

Other than the first 15 minutes or so of that third quarter, was a pretty solid game!

Some of our lesser light midfielders are playing so well. I know some people here were down on CEY but I thought it was his best performance this year, tackled really well and broke through tackles himself. Still makes some bad choices but on the whole it was a good game. Greenwood is brilliant, can't believe he was almost left out of the side earlier this year. And Douglas is in strong form at the moment.

I always feel like I'm watching a different Atkins to everyone else, am a fan and haven't minded his year at all, but it seems like everyone is angry with him nearly every week. He gets caught occasionally but on the whole I think he adds a lot to our side.

Milera at half back looked brilliant. I haven't been a fan so far but will have to eat my words if he keeps putting in performances like that! And I've been reserving my judgement on Gallucci but tonight was the first time I really felt like I saw something there. Could very well get a Rising Star nom!

Pretty easy to call Poholke out for next week, just doesn't look ready yet. I'd rather see Murphy in playing, but will have to see if he fits in with Sloane coming back as well. Otten for Kelly seems pretty obvious too. And I'd honestly be looking to give McGovern a stint in the twos. Bring back Fogarty for a few games while McGovern gets some confidence.

Oh, and I still can't believe how well Doedee is playing. You can't just walk in for your first season and look that good, it's unseemly :p

Yeah I hope he has a stinker too.

Respect for being willing to take another look and reconsider your view.
Okay. I've just finished watching last nights replay whilst paying close attention to JL. TBO nothing I saw in that game from him has changed my mind on him as a player. He gets a fair bit of the ball as he did when he was at the Crows but just isn't a damaging enough IMO to be classed as a 'gun'.
He's a good player but nothing more than that.

Okay. I've just finished watching last nights replay whilst paying close attention to JL. TBO nothing I saw in that game from him has changed my mind on him as a player. He gets a fair bit of the ball as he did when he was at the Crows but just isn't a damaging enough IMO to be classed as a 'gun'.
He's a good player but nothing more than that.

Truthfully no one has ever labelled Jarryd as a 'gun.'
He was under rated and wore the green vest more times than Power supporters mentioned the word 'conspiracy,'( not quite that many times!)
That is not the type of situation a 'gun' plays under.

Most claimed quite rightly he was a very handy footballer who was never shown any confidence by the coaching staff.
When given the opportunity in Adelaide colours he was a talented footballer who found the ball, played the role asked and was handy around goals.
Every single kick or mistake was scrutinised heavily and the biggest knock on his game was not his courage or ball finding ability but his pace.
Jarryd may have been a victim of the Crows having too many similar type players on the roster at the time but he was always on the cusp of selection.
His last season with us 2016 was his best when he played 20 games and averaged 21 disposals a game, 5 tackles and nearly a goal a game.
They are pretty good stats and stack up to many of our present day mid fielders.
Since then with the Suns his average disposals have gone higher ... 24.6 disposal a game in 2017 to now 26.7 a game in 2018.

He's certainly no slower than our present mix in the midfield and his effectiveness for the Suns is influential.
No player is irreplaceable and either was Jarrad but he was a good player for the Crows and that's all he needed to be if still in our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Adelaide Crows v Gold Coast @ AO, 7.10pm Saturday 28/4/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back