Adelaide Crows v Indigenous All Stars Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Your reasoning and process of elimination are pretty impressive cmndstab. I appreciated you process. I don't think you are too far off the money. One would think that one or two players will have a niggling injury and, as it is not a game for points, will sit it out. This should give Jacky a go, and I am sure the crows coaching staff are pretty keen to see how he has come on after his two league games last year.

BTW, I found this somewhere! http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Cmndstab Besides a couple of exceptions, your predictions were not too bad for last year. Have you posted your predictions for this year? If so I have missed them. Any chance of putting them up (again)? Either here or on a new thread! That would be appreciated, especially as you have a few runs on the board.

I think it's easier to work this out by process of elimination than by any other method, I reckon. There are 45 players on the Crows squad, we need to trim 15 of them away.

For the last four, I just have to pick players who I feel are the furthest behind. I hate this, since I like pretty much all the players in this category, but let's say... Cook, Davis, Jacky and Armstrong. Cook and Davis are coming back from injuries, and Jacky and Armstrong are the unlucky two left. They may be saved just because they are aboriginal, but then they may end up in the IAS squad anyway.

This leaves us with

B: Stevens Rutten Gallman
HB: Symes Bock Doughty
C: Goodwin Van Berlo Reilly
HF: Vince Gill Thompson
F: Walker Tippett Porplyzia
RR: Maric Dangerfield Shirley

INT B: Kite, Sloane, Otten, Petrenko
INT C: Moran, Knights, Mackay, Douglas
INT F: Sellar, Lee, Hentschel, McKernan

Pretty close. I'd say Lee out, Jacky in. And now with the symes injury, he can be replaced by Cook.

I think it's easier to work this out by process of elimination than by any other method, I reckon. There are 45 players on the Crows squad, we need to trim 15 of them away.

McLeod is unlikely to play, but if he does, it will be for the IAS. Strike him out. Griffin is a big chance to play lead ruck for the IAS. Burton won't be back yet.

I think Simon Goodwin is likely to play (captain) but Edwards probably isn't. I can't see any of the rookie-listed players getting a game, unless Schmidt has really impressed or something, so strike Moss, Martin, Donnelly, Henderson and Schmidt. Young is still coming back from injury and has done little to impress so far.

From there, five more need to be trimmed. Are any of our aboriginal players likely to fill the IAS side? Johncock, last season aside, is likely to be there. Could Jacky, Petrenko or Armstrong get a game? Hard to see it. So let's just trim Johncock.

For the last four, I just have to pick players who I feel are the furthest behind. I hate this, since I like pretty much all the players in this category, but let's say... Cook, Davis, Jacky and Armstrong. Cook and Davis are coming back from injuries, and Jacky and Armstrong are the unlucky two left. They may be saved just because they are aboriginal, but then they may end up in the IAS squad anyway.

This leaves us with

Now symes is injured unfortunately so he is out of the game.

Out Symes and Lee

In Cook and Jacky

If we are using 30 my guess is that there will be few choices to be made once injuries are taken into account.

McLeod should not play in this game at all. No need at all to rush him.

Also no reason why some of the rookies should not play, particularly Martin and Moss who are in their second year.

Will be happy to see whoever plays. Thought these games were normally on Fox Sports?

Its hard to dipute Cmndstab's logic, and I think he will be found to be close to the mark when selection is finalised.

FWIW, I don't think we should be worying about tagging at all in this game, and with a long season ahead I would rest not only Edwards but also Doughty and Shirley so that some youngsters can be looked at.

Symes is now out injured, and with the recent draftees only being brought up gradually to full training, it would be wise to let them all sit this out as well (although with 12 on the bench it could be argued that limited gametime wouldn't hurt them.)

I would like to see all of the 2007 (main) draftees given some reasonable gametime as well as Petrenko. All have earned it on performances last season except perhaps Cook and Armstrong. The former was injured most of the season and impressive when he eventually appeared, the latter has reportedly been training very strongly this pre-season.

If Petrenko, Jacky and Armstrong are ever going to have an incentive to do well it will be in this game. There are no points on the end of it and we should see what they - as well as Walker, Otten, and Kite can do at a higher level. Surely we know what we will get from Doughty and Shirley and they can come in during the NAB Cup competition.

There will come a time through next season due to injuries etc when these young men are going to have to stand up at AFL level and either sink or swim - we simply don't have the depth to do otherwise than blood youngsters. Might as well get them as much meaningful gametime pre-season as possible.

Your reasoning and process of elimination are pretty impressive cmndstab. I appreciated you process. I don't think you are too far off the money. One would think that one or two players will have a niggling injury and, as it is not a game for points, will sit it out. This should give Jacky a go, and I am sure the crows coaching staff are pretty keen to see how he has come on after his two league games last year.

BTW, I found this somewhere! http://www.sportsargumentwiki.com/index.php?title=Cmndstab Besides a couple of exceptions, your predictions were not too bad for last year. Have you posted your predictions for this year? If so I have missed them. Any chance of putting them up (again)? Either here or on a new thread! That would be appreciated, especially as you have a few runs on the board.

Pity about Port and Fremantle in the top four last year in my predictions :eek: St. Kilda for wooden spoon hurt too. Appreciate the kudos though! :)

I did do a ladder prediction in a thread on the main forums here but it got buried inside like 50 pages of predictions. It was done on the spur of the moment back at the start of December but here it is again:

Hawthorn
Geelong
Collingwood
Western Bulldogs
Carlton
Brisbane
Adelaide
Kangaroos

St Kilda
Essendon
Port Adelaide
West Coast
Richmond
Sydney
Fremantle
Melbourne

I had a look on the ABC website at the TV guides. They are showing the game at 11:20pm in the Northern Territory but don't appear to be showing in in South Australia. :mad:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/nt/200902/20090207.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/sa/200902/20090207.htm

Annoyingly the ABC TV guide runs out on Feb 7th. It is possible it's getting an additional hour delay or something into Adelaide and starts at 12:20am or something on the 8th and we just can't see it. It would be incredibly annoying if it didn't show here though. I'll have to see if I can find some way to get ahold of the match if that is the case.

Edit: Wonder if it shows on ABC2 or digital or something? I know people who have those channels, I might be able to get them to tape it onto DVD and then upload it or something.

McLeod has been ruled out of this match (this is from the article on adelaidenow about Symes...):

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24931111-12428,00.html

"Dual Norm Smith Medallist Andrew McLeod has been ruled out of the Northern Territory match as he continues his recovery from knee surgery.

"He's running and doing a bit of kicking," Reid said, not placing a timeline on McLeod's return.

Jason Porplyzia (shoulder surgery) is a chance to play in the NAB Cup while Patrick Dangerfield (whiplash) is nearing full contact training."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to the game and may be able to get a copy from the hotel? I'm not sure... I would be eager to see it again, I'll see what I can do. It would be easy if it was just on regular ABC.

What would the devoted Rage viewers think of that if they had to wait another 2 hours for their bloody 10 hour program...no offence, I like Rage, just like my team more.

I mean, ABC2 could show it, even if it's on in 3 in the morning, something!

Don't go too far out of your way to tape it, it's just one game. Just a good one to see considering we have 30 player playing.

I'm going to the game and may be able to get a copy from the hotel? I'm not sure... I would be eager to see it again, I'll see what I can do. It would be easy if it was just on regular ABC.

This would be a good idea if it's for sale, but would it be for sale so soon? A better bet would be to record it on TV there.

Surprised it's not being televised outside of NT. I know that the ABC provided a national broadcast when Essendon played in 2007 (on ABC2) as they released a media statement celebrating the fact. Can't see any reason not to show it in SA anyway as the ABC2 schedule seems pretty flexible.

There might be telecast, unless there is proof that is says that it wont be telecasted out of the NT.

If it isnt tellecasted OR on the radio, I will slit my rists.

Hahaha, na I wouldnt since I have a party that night anyways 111!!!!

Hmmm - I was going to go, as my fiancee's family is up there. But the flights aren't exactly cheap ...

SURELY someone will record it and upload a torrent so we can download and watch. SURELY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Crows v Indigenous All Stars Match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back