DogsRuleWstNoBul

Senior List
Aug 8, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
North Sunshine
Just watched the Adelaide V Saints game. Adelaide seriously have no forwards. Whilst our defense hasn't been the best if the Mids do there job and our defensive pressure is good all over the ground we should win by 30 odd points. If we lose to them I will have serious doubts over our finals.

Thoughts

Just watched the Adelaide V Saints game. Adelaide seriously have no forwards. Whilst our defense hasn't been the best if the Mids do there job and our defensive pressure is good all over the ground we should win by 30 odd points. If we lose to them I will have serious doubts over our finals.

Thoughts
Sorry to intrude onto your board but Porps will be back this week.
We played very crap today and you shouldnt have doubts over your finals if you lose because we have turned into a very good team.

We just played ordianary today.
If we play like that again... 30-50 you will win by.

Sorry to intrude onto your board but Porps will be back this week.
We played very crap today and you shouldn't have doubts over your finals if you lose because we have turned into a very good team.

We just played ordinary today.
If we play like that again... 30-50 you will win by.

You are playing at home so that is usually worth at least an extra 20% in effort. You guys butchered the ball going forward today and I don't expect you to as much next week. It all depends how much our boys want to win. Got a feeling it will be another practice match for us with little to play for. Some boys may be looking for easy ball. Still hope Williams gets through. Also hope Tim Callan keeps improving.

Thoughts
They havent had forwards for the last few weeks, yet they have managed to post decent scores (apart from against Saints)

Can't see the players being fired up at all for this one. I think they will just go through the motions. Should be a good win to Adelaide. Lots off players will be happy just to get through the game. Unless yours still not sure you might play finals like Higgins, Hill, Harbrow, and Co.

What are everyones thoughts on this game? Will we win?

I'm equal top going into the final round of the footy tipping (with some decent prizes at stake).

The Crows V Dogs game is the only real 50/50. It will most probably decide the winner.

Even the bookies can't split them, currently both posted at $1.85.

The only other game where a brave tipster may be tempted off a favourite is Freo against the Pies in at Subiaco on Friday night.

Who would your money be on this Saturday twighlight game?

Dogs - nothing at all to play for except building some momentum. Showed glimpses of some form against the Dons but still not at their best.

Crows - were terrible on the weekend. Are hot and cold. Impossible to read. Have normally played very well against us. Basically don't have a forward line and only kicked six goals at the dome against the Saints.

The heart is telling me the Dogs, the brain is saying we having nothing to play for and will try get though without injury therefore the Crows.

What does everyone think? Also what are your tips for the other games?

I get the feeling the doggies will hope for a descent hit out and probably taper off during the match, before their important game against the Hawks, whereas the Crows will go at full throttle to secure a home final.

I reckon that the Dogs might have an off day this weekend - like us against the Saints. Afternoon games at our cold, stupidly located stadium do little to fire up the home team, let alone the away one.

Good luck in the finals and hopefully you can shut up the Geelong worshipping media. :thumbsu:

I reckon that the Dogs might have an off day this weekend - like us against the Saints. Afternoon games at our cold, stupidly located stadium do little to fire up the home team, let alone the away one.

Good luck in the finals and hopefully you can shut up the Geelong worshipping media. :thumbsu:

Some players will have a crack and others simply won't. No point if you know your playing the week after in a final. This game still should be close if both mid-fields break even.

Some players will have a crack and others simply won't. No point if you know your playing the week after in a final. This game still should be close if both mid-fields break even.
Gee, if they dont have a crack, do they deserve to play. I understand that they might not care as much if they lose this than a game earlier in the season, but they need to have a go.

they will have vince and porplyzia back who are good players
we should be aware of the worst player in the AFL nick gill

Proplyzia is a very good player who is back in. Adelaide had a bad game against the Saints but they are playing for a home final this week. If they beat us then they will be playing St Kilda (more than likely) at AAMI. If they lose then they will be play8ing St Kilda (more than likely) at the Dome. I reckon that is the biggest factor here. We want to go in with no injuries but a win and the Crows want more than anything to win to get their first final on their own dung-hill. I would have the Crows slightly ahead at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, if they dont have a crack, do they deserve to play. I understand that they might not care as much if they lose this than a game earlier in the season, but they need to have a go.
Players are people and I think some will look at this game as a nothing game. Will they put in as hard as they have? I would say players that know there in the team for the finals may just hang out a bit for the easy kick.

Look I am with you and hate it when players don't play as hard as you know they can. This stems down to one problem. Coaching panels not dropping senior players even when out off form. Aker is an example off this. Personally thought he took his foot off the pedal once he new we had 3rd spot sown up. Amazingly all off a sudden he will come good in the finals. Call me a pessimistic if you like just can't help thinking some senior players need to be dropped once in a while if form warrants it. Just to keep them on there toes. Aker for me should have been dropped to show the boys no one is untouchable.

Players are people and I think some will look at this game as a nothing game. Will they put in as hard as they have? I would say players that know there in the team for the finals may just hang out a bit for the easy kick.

Look I am with you and hate it when players don't play as hard as you know they can. This stems down to one problem. Coaching panels not dropping senior players even when out off form. Aker is an example off this. Personally thought he took his foot off the pedal once he new we had 3rd spot sown up. Amazingly all off a sudden he will come good in the finals. Call me a pessimistic if you like just can't help thinking some senior players need to be dropped once in a while if form warrants it. Just to keep them on there toes. Aker for me should have been dropped to show the boys no one is untouchable.
We will find out which players deserve to be in this team by who is having a dip. Im expecting the fringe players to put everything in to secure a spot for the finals. Why shouldn't we expect the same from senior players?

Adelaide v Western Bulldogs
AAMI Stadium, 3.40pm

ADELAIDE
B: Graham Johncock, Ben Rutten, Nathan Bassett
HB: Andrew McLeod, Nathan Bock, Michael Doughty
C: Brad Symes, Simon Goodwin, David Mackay
HF: Nathan van Berlo, Nick Gill, Bernie Vince
F: Jason Porplyzia, Kurt Tippett, Richard Douglas
Foll: Ivan Maric, Scott Thompson, Tyson Edwards
Int: Kris Massie, Robert Shirley, Chris Knights, Scott Stevens, ,
Emg: Brad Moran, Bryce Campbell, Brent Reilly

In: Porplyzia, Tippett, Vince
Out: Patrick Dangerfield, Moran, Reilly (omitted)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Tim Callan
HB: Matthew Boyd, Ryan Hargrave, Dale Morris
C: Nathan Eagleton, Daniel Cross, Josh Hill
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
Int: Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Shaun Higgins, Sam Reid
Emg: Farren Ray, Wayde Skipper, Cameron Wight

In: Gilbee, Reid
Out: Everitt, Ward

New: Sam Reid

That team is just confusing. No Ray. Only Gilbee in really. Others are all fringe players. Wight is an emergecy with Everritt omitted. All I can say here is that Eade could not give a rats who wins. Adelaide have there best side in so I expect it will be a loss by about 30-45.

That team is just confusing. No Ray. Only Gilbee in really. Others are all fringe players. Wight is an emergecy with Everritt omitted. All I can say here is that Eade could not give a rats who wins. Adelaide have there best side in so I expect it will be a loss by about 30-45.

Adelaide are hoping to get a home final so they will go all out to win

Ray isn't a must, whereas Gilbee is. I'd still like to see Ray come in for the Hawthorn game. Smart decision by Rocket not to play Ray against Adelaide. He would have struggled, but he is more likely to execute his run and carry to perfection against the Hawks.

He should, momentum is vital to a finals campaign

This is one of the most sensible pre-game threads on an opponent's board I've ever read.

I think we will beat you guys, because, as has been stated, you don't have anything to play for.

People can say what they want, but when elite sportsmen need to get themselves to a peak level to win, they need all the motivation they can get; and a dead rubber provides very little.

Look at the Aussie Cricket Team; something like 80% of their losses over the last decade have been in dead rubber games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Game Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back