Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing SACA members complaining that they will longer be able to see the hills...You live in Adelaide, you can always see the hills!

That's the funniest argument i've heard. Everyone, everywhere in Adelaide has a view of the hills. If you want to look at the hills, why would you go to Adelaide Oval in the first place?

I would suspect that at some stage, the northern mound will get a stand, similar to the southern stand which would take seated capacity to over 60,000. Eventually the old scoreboard will end up somewhere like Gliderol Stadium given that's where the SACA seems to favour playing their first class games that aren't played at Adelaide.

Right now, I am not sure whether or not I would prefer to keep the northern end as it currently is or enclose the stadium properly, given that the "old world charm" is largely gone now. If nothing else it leaves plenty of room for expansion should it be required in the future.

yeah nah

Old update, they were there well over a week ago. But nice to hear an update on adelaide oval football membership.

Was only uploaded today and, in the absence of anything newer, I thought it might be of interest, especially to those from interstate

Access to all games. There's about 8000 SANFL memberships that will get you into both. I bet the SANFL get greedy and offer more.
Would have to work out where to put them - they share the Western Stand 50/50 with club members from what I heard.

Would have to work out where to put them - they share the Western Stand 50/50 with club members from what I heard.
No. The western stand is for Adelaide oval Football Members and Crows/Power Essential Members. Same as AAMI is now. Just replace Premier members with the Adelaide Oval football members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL go with a split first round fixture again, they'd be crazy to not schedule the first AO Showdown as a stand alone game on Saturday night.

Won't rate anywhere outside of SA. Channel 7 will see that it gets a shit timeslot

Won't rate anywhere outside of SA. Channel 7 will see that it gets a shit timeslot

You sure? You'd think that a new ground would pull viewers from everywhere.

Sydney vs GWS won't either, but that will get one.

The curiosity factor will be enough for the AFL to do it. There's something to be said for showing off too.

Sydney vs GWS won't either, but that will get one.

The curiosity factor will be enough for the AFL to do it. There's something to be said for showing off too.

Maybe I am paranoid, but we've been reamed by Vlad and his cohorts so often, we become accustomed the paranoia

Maybe I am paranoid, but we've been reamed by Vlad and his cohorts so often, we become accustomed the paranoia

Adelaide Crows or South Australians in general? Because Trigg's sulking today was kind of funny, it was never going any other way.

What's it matter anyway? Both teams get to play at the 2nd ever AFL game at Adelaide Oval, and as with any other showdown any fans may buy tickets and cheer on their team with full passion.

Adelaide Crows or South Australians in general? Because Trigg's sulking today was kind of funny, it was never going any other way.

Ever since we started up, we have had fewer concessions than any other "expansion" team.
We got screwed over re Father/Son
Shit timeslots because we don't rate in Victoria

It's got to the point where we have to provide our own lube

Ever since we started up, we have had fewer concessions than any other "expansion" team.

Less than Freo?

We got screwed over re Father/Son

Gibbs is a frontrunner, you're better off.

Shit timeslots because we don't rate in Victoria

Half the Victorian teams get shit timeslots too, and it's not like you're playing 4:40 Sunday games every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back