Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Should we start a "should the AFL run a 12-month competition, and if so, where would it be played" thread? So this one can go back to discussing AO redevelopment etc. Coz the whole thing about the AFL season starting first weekend in October is more than just about AO. Mods - thoughts?

Here we go
How I'd use the AO Scoreboard for an AFL Game:
afln.png

The match time and the clock would be on the replay screen
And I'd have a MCG-style scoreboard on the front of the southern end of the Western stand too, with a replay screen right next to that also.
Very basic...the actual match at the ground down the "Bowlers" section, and the other AFL matches going on being updated regularly down the "Batsmen" section.
I've invested in some white inserts to complement the black ones they use in the cricket, and some yellow ones, to help differentiate between the cricket stuff and anything else.
Finally found it, have you sent this into Adelaide Oval?
It's a good design

No I haven't actually, I might do that.
But pretty sure they'll put all information except the score of the actual match in play onto the replay screens.
Please do, I'm kinda worried they might do as they did in Port vs Melbourne

092114-afl-at-the-oval.jpg

Once the "First AFL match at Adelaide Oval Port Adelaide thanks you for being part of history" is taken down, I'm worried it'll just be black and bland on the right half of that scoreboard.

So giving them the ideas you've put forward would be a good addition to it :)

Please do, I'm kinda worried they might do as they did in Port vs Melbourne

092114-afl-at-the-oval.jpg

Once the "First AFL match at Adelaide Oval Port Adelaide thanks you for being part of history" is taken down, I'm worried it'll just be black and bland on the right half of that scoreboard.

So giving them the ideas you've put forward would be a good addition to it :)
What an awesome photo! Will the PAFC/AFC cheersquads be at that end next year?

Looks fantastic. The people of Adelaide are going to love the shit out of that place.
Loved the shit out of the place before the redevelopment. Now my loving the shit is going through the roof. Can not wait.
23rd May, posted by Kasey771 on Sensational Adelaide forum.

02_zps0dba5656.jpg

04_zpsd9008e89.jpg

03_zps28d6ec9d.jpg

05_zps34dc76cd.jpg
It's amazing how much they can do in such a short(ish) time when they put their minds to it. The roadworkers should take a page out of their book.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I like how they've kept continuity with the roof, but changed up the shape and look of a few blocks. Such a cool ground.

Well I like how they've kept continuity with the roof, but changed up the shape and look of a few blocks. Such a cool ground.
Maybe it's due to your avatar, but I'm sometimes unsure whether or not you're being sarcastic - this being one such occasion o_O :p

It was destined to fail. No transferability, no access to the 2015 World Cup, overpriced.

It's a good outcome. Looks like the package being mentioned in the article is the SANFL Premier Membership (the old Category 1 Membership), which will pretty much be the only general seating Membership that isn't club operated. It should address the fears that sellouts will only see 35000 turn up.

Just got this email:

You recently registered your interest in being offered an Ultimate Membership at Adelaide Oval.

As you may be aware, the SMA undertook research about the popularity of this product which has revealed that while it was endorsed by all parties (SANFL, SACA, AFC, PAFC and AFL) it fell short of being an “Ultimate” membership when compared with the other membership products available at Adelaide Oval.

In particular, the feedback was that people wanted the Ultimate Membership to be transferable during the football season.

Registrations have not met expectations and the research on the expected level of uptake shows that the membership in this form is not what the public want for Adelaide Oval.

It has become clear to the SMA Board that separate memberships during the cricket and football seasons would meet the needs of all parties. As a result, the SMA Board has made the decision to withdraw the Ultimate Membership from sale.

However, as an Ultimate Membership registrant you will still be offered the chance to secure access to cricket memberships at Adelaide Oval this Ashes Test season:

· If you are already a SACA Member nothing changes.
· If you are not already a SACA member, you will be invited to join the SACA waiting list and then be offered a SACA membership offer in late June or early July.

For football, you will be offered the chance to secure a fully transferable football membership for the 2014 AFL season at Adelaide Oval:

· If you are already a SANFL Premier Member, Crows Essential or Power Essential member, nothing changes.
· The SANFL is currently in discussions with the AFL clubs about football membership products with the full details to be released shortly.

You will be contacted again soon with further details about the SACA and football membership options to be made available. The $75 registration fee you have already paid can be used against the cost of a SACA or football membership, or will be fully refunded.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your patience and assure you that a simplified membership model will give you the ability to watch football, cricket - or both - at Adelaide Oval.

Does anyone know if they are going to have a all in one membership that allows me to have a cricket ticket and a football ticket that is transferable but all in one?

If so, s that the membership that they expect to cost $515?

Does anyone know if they are going to have a all in one membership that allows me to have a cricket ticket and a football ticket that is transferable but all in one?

If so, s that the membership that they expect to cost $515?

Nope. You'd have to purchase a Premier SANFL Membership and a SACA Membership separately to have year round access to footy/cricket at Adelaide Oval

Nope. You'd have to purchase a Premier SANFL Membership and a SACA Membership separately to have year round access to footy/cricket at Adelaide Oval

Well that sucks as the ultimate membership (IMO) was a good idea but the stupidity of the not being able to transfer it was being applied.

However, it does look like common since will prevail and cricket will take it in the umber and footy in the winter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Oval - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back