Adelaide v Collingwood in the United Arab Emirates

Remove this Banner Ad

Grolm37 said:
why were you reading the loxton news - its got as much information than the Murray Diarrhea ( yes not the pioneer)

Gee, I dunno, I live in Loxton. It's strange that I'd be reading The Loxton News huh?

I suppose you're one of these types that just likes bagging the media for the sake of it - no matter the service, particularly in country areas, that it provides.

Matty01 said:
They have a bus? :D

Could you imagine sitting in an economy class seat next to Joffa all the way to Dubai?! :eek:

Reminds me of that Sudafed ad where that fat bloke says "London here we come, hey".

Seriously, think about that when next you board a plane.

JF :D

they play the cricket matches in sharjah which is another emirate next to Dubai (10 minutes away) famous for the India v Pakistan games,also the game 14 months ago Australia v pakistan in 50 degree heat.

the only place they may play the football games at the moment is at the Dubai Rugby club other wise they are building 3 massive stadims at the moment one of these will be indoor similar to the telstra dome. Manchester United are tied to this stadium as they are often in Dubai training.

The Country has some of the most amazing sporting facilities in the world if you are into horse racing or golf.

JF_Bay_22_SCG said:
No, if Eddie wants to engage in another case of corporate grandstanding, it will have to be played when it suits the sponsors.

Then we can all watch the Pies wilt in the name of corporatisation and the almighty $$$$.
Says a man who supports the Swans!

The club that replaced a club the VFL killed off because it didn't make enough money and it's supporters didn't care enough to stop it. The club the VFL sold off for live broadcast TV money. The club the VFL sold to private ownership. The club the VFL/AFL have bailed out time and again. The club the VFL/AFL still allow to pay more for players in the name of corporatisation and the almighty $$$$.

I think you have a point there Mark.

It's pretty easy to have a go at collingwood and Eddie, but so many people forget so many things don't they.

Dogwatcher said:
Gee, I dunno, I live in Loxton. It's strange that I'd be reading The Loxton News huh?

I suppose you're one of these types that just likes bagging the media for the sake of it - no matter the service, particularly in country areas, that it provides.
The possibility of this actually happening was expressed to me by the trade delegate in question. I recently spoke to him socially.
He has met with the Adelaide Crows to discuss it with them too.

Believe it or not all those who are Eddie paranoid - this was an initiative of the companies involved and the Aussie trade commission.
WTF is a trade delegate doing in Loxton? Buying stonefruits?

As posted on the Adelaide Board , both clubs would have to fly over early to acclimatise, and I am not sure it would be ''good for football'' most teams are 3/4 of the way through their preparation for the season proper, and to waste time flying over would defeat the purpose of a football club ...to play football in April through to September.

As long as its for the football and not the $$$$ then and only then could Ibe happy...but something suggests its more to do with money.

There's a possibility PerthCrow.

As for why a trade delegate would be in the Riverland - silly question really. Most of the produce here in the Riverland goes overseas, on the export market.
However, the trade delegate in question was actually on holiday visiting friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerthCrow said:
As long as its for the football and not the $$$$ then and only then could Ibe happy...but something suggests its more to do with money.

what else would it be for?
As far as promotions go, not a bad idea though - even if only for the publicity it will get in Australia.
The fact that two AFL clubs were playing in Dubai would cover the sports pages and get plenty of 'good' column inches in papers across Australia it would also get good coverage on tv.
The other thing is Adelaide would get a bit more coverage in state's outside of south Australia than it might otherwise do.....good for the sponsors.
Money talks.

Silverballs said:
You are obviously a ******** sucker from north of the River eh!!

Silverballs - you'd have to have a Riverland connection to refer to someone from north of the river in that way - where are you from?

Wooo hooo go The Warriors!

So....tell me who you is Silverballs - there's a fair chance I'd know you or know of you.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide v Collingwood in the United Arab Emirates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back