Unofficial Preview Adelaide v Richmond - Grand Final Pre-Game/Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only thing I can think re: Cotchin is that the raised elbow might go against him. Also a tiny bit unclear that he was attacking the footy, as he wasn't looking at it (unlike Sloane). Other than that, I don't think he gets rubbed out.

The only thing I can think re: Cotchin is that the raised elbow might go against him. Also a tiny bit unclear that he was attacking the footy, as he wasn't looking at it (unlike Sloane). Other than that, I don't think he gets rubbed out.

shiel was concussed and didnt play the rest of the game, MRP takes that into consideration

Due to a couple of gut punches earlier on the year he is right on the edge. If the tribunal/MRP finding was a fine that means he misses a week. Based on precedents set by other incidents this year he should miss the GF.

Ok. And if he did something that stupid again, he should miss the GF. But two players went for the same ball there. I am not understanding what charge he is expected to be done for. Its not a strike. Its not a bump or tackle. So what is the charge?

I'd be pissed if a Crow got rubbed out for what Cotchin did - i didn'tthink it was that bad? But only watched it once

Watched it several times. Its fine.

Ellis is gone. Shoulder bump to the head of Whitfield. Negligent. High Contact. Medium impact.

Cotchin on Hopper, couldnt see anything wrong. Looked like no high contact at all. Maybe hopper just got his body position wrong for the contact which is why he went down.

This is just from the youtube highlights of the game so limited angles etc.

Ok. And if he did something that stupid again, he should miss the GF. But two players went for the same ball there. I am not understanding what charge he is expected to be done for. Its not a strike. Its not a bump or tackle. So what is the charge?

Watched it several times. Its fine.
Am I watching something different? He gets Shiel flush in the head and concusses him so he misses the rest of the game.

It's a 2 or 3 weeker, unless they ignore all previous statements they've made.

But you have to be negligent dont you? He dived on the ball. Both players were low. I could understand if he attempted to bump or tackle and that resulted in a concussion. But going in low and hard for the ball and then contact as a result of that. Surely its an unfortunate football incident?

I will take it, but I would be shocked if any player got done for that.
Sheil took no further part in the match, it has to be at least a fine, and that'll be three strikes for Cotchin.

having said that, the AFL will probably try to wave their magic wand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheil took no further part in the match, it has to be at least a fine, and that'll be three strikes for Cotchin.

Its fine with me if they suspend him as long as they dont invent a way to take one of ours with him.

But I am genuinely wanting to know what the charge will be? Thats the part I am stuck on. Agree if it gets that far then the concussion will take him out. But how does it get that far?

Looking forward to welcoming the Crows to our home ground next Saturday. You'll be massively outnumbered.

I've always wondered if you guys bring that weird tasting Adelaide water with you?
Just wondered as the stuff in Melbourne actually tastes like water - your players wouldn't be used to that.

Its fine with me if they suspend him as long as they dont invent a way to take one of ours with him.

But I am genuinely wanting to know what the charge will be? Thats the part I am stuck on. Agree if it gets that far then the concussion will take him out. But how does it get that far?
I'm not an expert on the grading system, but careless, medium impact would be at least a fine wouldn't it?

Holy ****. I just checked my bank account.
Holy ****. I was Priority 2.
Holy ****. I got a ******* ticket.

In 2015 I travelled over 16,000 kilometres back to Adelaide (from my home in Iceland) in time for finals and decided to stay because i knew this club was on the verge of a Grand Final.
And now I actually get to witness it LIVE!

HOLY ****!!!!!

I don't really care whether Cotchin gets suspended or not. I think we will win either way and it will be good if there is 1 less excuse. If the AFL are at all consistent then have has to get something for that, even if only a fine and as you point out, that makes it a week. But like you I feel there will be lots of wriggling that will be done to make sure their captain plays.

I'd be pissed if a Crow got rubbed out for what Cotchin did - i didn'tthink it was that bad? But only watched it once

It's not the act in isolation. It's the 2 absolutely stupid brain fades that he didn't need to do earlier in the year that left him 1 fine from missing a game

The jumper punch to Lachie Neale's head and the gut punch to a Saints player. Add to that Shiel was actually concussed and he's in strife. But i expect him to play anyway, because, you know. And i'm ok with that. Let's beat their best team

Looking forward to welcoming the Crows to our home ground next Saturday. You'll be massively outnumbered.

I've always wondered if you guys bring that weird tasting Adelaide water with you?
Just wondered as the stuff in Melbourne actually tastes like water - your players wouldn't be used to that.
the air's actually clean enough to drink the rainwater over here, tastes just fine.

List of things Richmond cannot do in 2017 according to the experts:
1. Make the top 8
2. Make the top 4
3. Win a final
4. Defeat Geelong
5. Make it into the Grand Final

So please, experts, tell us what we can't do this week!

Edit: should have added re-sign Dusty....

Last edited:
And imma just leave these here

rjnpr9.png

148knk.png

Of course, Grand Finals are not played on paper, but we're in a great spot based off stats for the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back