Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep saying it....but Dodoro has been collecting footy cards, not building a list.

He always want the shiniest toy in the store. Get the big fish, then lean back in your chair and bask in the glory of adding to your collection and 'winning trade week'.

The problem is that although many of the players they've landed were the biggest fish on the market, they didn't actually need them, and/or weren't necessarily the right fit.

I don't think we have landed a big fish. Big fish is Judd, Cameron, Dangerfield, Ablett, Franklin, Lynch. Best in position type guys.

Goddard not a big fish?

I don't think so. It's relative but I don't think he was a top 25-30 player in the competition when we got him or while we had him. He had some good weapons but we weren't the side that allowed him to use them. He couldn't really jump that well anymore, which was a large part of his forward utility. I think the fact St.kilda didn't want to spend 700k or whatever on him tells the story about where he was in the game.

Dodo is not the problem and never was.

The question to ask is whether a decent coach could have produced more wiht this team. I think yes.

What about the 5 coaches before Rutten?

Dodo is not the problem and never was.

The question to ask is whether a decent coach could have produced more wiht this team. I think yes.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

I don't think so. It's relative but I don't think he was a top 25-30 player in the competition when we got him or while we had him. He had some good weapons but we weren't the side that allowed him to use them. He couldn't really jump that well anymore, which was a large part of his forward utility. I think the fact St.kilda didn't want to spend 700k or whatever on him tells the story about where he was in the game.
I think you guys were a few years to late with Goddard in 09-11 in he was definitely elite top 20 player . I think the supplements saga really messed with his head he believed he was leaving to go to a contender at Essendon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers list is in a great spot for the future if handled right from here. They have some good kids and don't rely too heavily on any older players except Shiel. Wright looks like a bargain. They'd be further down the track if they accepted the two firsts for Daniher.

It shouldn't take 20 years to build a list that is 3 years away though. That's on Dodo. Would be a handy part time recruiter at any half decent club.

Bombers list is in a great spot for the future if handled right from here. They have some good kids and don't rely too heavily on any older players except Shiel. Wright looks like a bargain. They'd be further down the track if they accepted the two firsts for Daniher.

It shouldn't take 20 years to build a list that is 3 years away though. That's on Dodo. Would be a handy part time recruiter at any half decent club.
I think a vacancy is coming up at Manningham Cobras.

Sydney never had 2 firsts one of those belonged to Carlton and were only going to get it if you let Papley go
imagine being dumb enough to believe something untrue

It’s been pretty well documented that we offered two first round picks for Daniher, and were prepared to pull the trigger on letting Papley go to Carlton to facilitate this.

Luckily this didn’t go ahead, because the thought of missing out on Logan McDonald and Tom Papley playing for Carlton for an ageing Daniher would make me spew up.

Luckily we were dealing with an amateur who somehow thought an injury plagued Daniher was better than Wayne Carey and would stay with the Bombers.

Another trade win for MrOctober 🙄

Sydney never had 2 firsts one of those belonged to Carlton and were only going to get it if you let Papley go
Precisely, and the Carlton side of the trade was sorted as Papley had requested the trade, hence the ability of the swans to trade 5 & 7, but Dodoro in his infinite wisdom wanted both a first round selection, and a player with talent and youth, suggesting Heeney!

Widely reported, including in articles like this that somehow laude this as a triumph for Essendon?

Last edited:
It’s been pretty well documented that we offered two first round picks for Daniher, and were prepared to pull the trigger on letting Papley go to Carlton to facilitate this.

Luckily this didn’t go ahead, because the thought of missing out on Logan McDonald and Tom Papley playing for Carlton for an ageing Daniher would make me spew up.

Luckily we were dealing with an amateur who somehow thought an injury plagued Daniher was better than Wayne Carey and would stay with the Bombers.

Another trade win for MrOctober 🙄
way to completely miss my point :cool:

During trade time , when quality operators like Stephen Wells and Derek Hine front the media, you can instantly tell that their passion isnt talking to media, it is all about finding talent and putting their clubs interest first above all else.

It’s what gets them up in the morning, it’s never about them.

Mr October actually sat in the coaches box in the 2000 grand final, when he had been in the job for 5 minutes and his predecessors had mostly built that team.

He arguably contributed a grand total of 2 players that day.

But The A-Dud wanted his time in the sun, even though the best recruiters are never, ever, ever seen on match day.

This tells you all you need to know about the man.

Long may he reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back