AEW WrestleDream, Sunday 13th October 2024, 11am AEDT (Zero Hour at 9:30 am)

Remove this Banner Ad

I kind of liked the Yuta heel turn - it makes all the sense in the world when you think about it. He was 100% loyal to Bryan... until he lost, and his "full time career" (whatever that means) is over. He can't help or guide Wheeler any more, so it's either join the old BCC guys or face a lifetime of suffering at their hands. I thought Wheeler played his role super well, putting over how reluctant he was to do it, but knowing that he didn't have a choice.
I would have dragged it out a bit and have him rebel against the BCC and then maybe fall back in line after a while.

There wasn't a single weak point on this entire show from a match quality perspective. Even the Swerve/MVP segment had its place.

Glad I purchased it.

The likely match-ups for Full Gear are also pretty enticing.

Moxley vs Darby?
Fletcher vs Ospreay
Cole vs MJF
Perry vs Garcia
Jay White vs Adam Page looks likely to continue.

I thought Kyle's turn was really well done, and felt really significant and shocking despite the fact he was always with Callis, and they never really turned face.

The performers and the commentators were telling a really good story there that we hadn't even really noticed.

There wasn't a single weak point on this entire show from a match quality perspective. Even the Swerve/MVP segment had its place.

Glad I purchased it.

The likely match-ups for Full Gear are also pretty enticing.

Moxley vs Darby?
Fletcher vs Ospreay
Cole vs MJF
Perry vs Garcia
Jay White vs Adam Page looks likely to continue.
It feels too soon (to me) to do either of those top 2 matches. Darby is the end point, he should be the one to dethrone Mox. Ospreay should be out for a couple of months to sell the effects of the Tiger Driver.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not commenting on the quality only going off results but sometimes less is more. It looked like a stacked card that was fitting as many people on the show as possible and then you’ve got multiple returns, turns and the finish of Danielson “ last match”

Probably could have kept MJF and Cole until TV where it doesn’t get overlooked for the ending of the show.

Not commenting on the quality only going off results but sometimes less is more. It looked like a stacked card that was fitting as many people on the show as possible and then you’ve got multiple returns, turns and the finish of Danielson “ last match”

Probably could have kept MJF and Cole until TV where it doesn’t get overlooked for the ending of the show.
definitely could have put Perry/Shibata and Briscoe/Jericho on Zero Hour or Dynamite/Collision instead.

as a comparison for when the Meltzer ratings come out on Friday, here's the ratings from Bryan Alvarez who attended the show:
Hangman/Switchblade: 3.75
Mariah/Willow: 3.25
Perry/Shibata: 3.25
Ospreay/Takeshita/Ricochet: 4.75
Hologram/Morton: 3.75
Darby/Brody: 3.5
Young Bucks/Private Party: 3.75
Briscoe/Jericho: 3.75
Danielson/Moxley: 4.5

Remove this Banner Ad

AEW WrestleDream, Sunday 13th October 2024, 11am AEDT (Zero Hour at 9:30 am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back