List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonably good trades. Addressed some needs and by all reports (hopefully) won't loose much with our 1st and 2nd round downgrades. Also due to the evenness and reasonable depth of this years draft our 3rd and 4th round upgrades could be very important. Biggest thing for me is that we held onto Lyons!! He'll be a gun.

I honestly hope VB isnt playing at all, along with Pods and Scott Thompson.....

Except that wont be the case at all.
Our captain will be starting 18 on a HBF while Hendo rots in the ressies.

Cheney and VB are far worse offensively than Hendo and Smith, though I'd have to say they will be better defensively which we need.

Cheney is actually alright offensively. Has very neat disposal and doesn't seem to panic with the ball in hand. Often goes the safe option, but that's just shows that he knows his limitations, and I would much rather he pass the ball on to better hands in Smith, Hendo and Jaensch, rather than cost us multiple goals like Reilly. Decent mover as well.

Reckon he will slot in nicely as that 4th defender after the 3 talls / medium defender that we have really lacked. Just hope that he doesnt end up on any monster forwards like he was made to play on Hawkins. Is the perfect player to play on those resting midfielder/medium forward types (Ziebell/Menzel)

Massive NO to Robinson. Are people seroiusly harping on about him? Jesus ****ing Christ drop it already, he's garbage and not worth the cap space or a spot on our list. We have better players waiting for a game (Lyons/Grigg/Kerridge)

However do agree with you in all other points. Hopefully Hendo has a injury free pre-season and moves out onto a wing.

We have a pretty good track record with our later picks. Considering just how broad this draft is, Im very keen to see who we take with picks 35 and 43.

Just have to have faith in Noble now. He wouldnt drop down our 1st and 2nd rounders if he didnt know what he was doing and think he could get our targets with these new picks.
Hopeful for Caleb Daniel to be available # 43 even tempted we use # 35

VB plays. Smart ball user. Wins one on ones. Good run.

They other 2...........................

Not sure about a smart ball user at all. Agree with the other 2 though.

Thats not the problem thought. My issue is that we already have players like Kerridge and Grigg who both win 1v1s, and both provide run, but who are also younger, have a much higher ceiling and are also better ball users imo.

Going forward as a club with the younger talented players we have at our disposal, I see no real role for VB in our midfield or HB line.

Its morons like you that allow people like Trigg, Chapman and co. to run their football clubs into the ground.
ha, cute

hugs and kisses

toys thrown out of the pram, so you go the man. stay classy bro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So.. we now have 4 picks inside the top-60, courtesy of trade week. Presumably we'll be looking to use all of those. We've also gained 2 players and upgraded Cameron, so that's 3 more "INs". By my maths, that means we'll be making 7 changes to our list. With Porps (ret), Rutten (ret), Pets, LJ, Smack & Gus all gone, we still need to find one more vacancy. Who will be the last player asked to leave the building?

So.. we now have 4 picks inside the top-60, courtesy of trade week. Presumably we'll be looking to use all of those. We've also gained 2 players and upgraded Cameron, so that's 3 more "INs". By my maths, that means we'll be making 7 changes to our list. With Porps (ret), Rutten (ret), Pets, LJ, Smack & Gus all gone, we still need to find one more vacancy. Who will be the last player asked to leave the building?

Sam Shaw.

Whilst the Crows and Noble have toyed with us until the last second - on the whole it is a reasonable end result.

In order of importance;
  1. None of our key players wanted out.
  2. None of our solid players wanted out.
  3. We kept a first and second round pick.
  4. Lowden provides better back up than Graham in ruck.
  5. Lowden provides better back up than SMack in forward/ruck.
  6. Cheney is the anti-Reilly. Can play the same role, but has heart and desire.
  7. Cheney is better than Reilly and will be the type of player Walsh likes.
  8. Our 3rd and 4th round picks are very reasonable positions for 3rd and 4th round picks.
  9. Our recruiting team actually get a chance put their work to the test.
  10. We still have the option of unsigned free agents like Robinson if we want.
Not a big fish, or anything noteworthy, but solid work on the whole.

Excellent post.

The success or failure of this trade period comes down to the recruiters selections in the draft. I have confidence in their ability. After that it's about using our free cash to re-sign Sloane, Danger and Walker to long term contracts.

Not an amazing trade period for the club, but a solid one.

Does anyone else like the way Noble trades?

I imagine if we had targets coming to us or had someone wanting to leave he would be able to pull off something in our favour?

He just seems to think out of the box a bit more than other clubs. Like the way we got crouch and brown.
Yes I think he is a very good list manager and creative in the way he goes about trading. Just let him handle our list and get him out of our coaches box (not saying he's shit in there but as a list manager he is a gun IMO).

L.Thompson?

Whilst the Crows and Noble have toyed with us until the last second - on the whole it is a reasonable end result.

In order of importance;
  1. None of our key players wanted out.
  2. None of our solid players wanted out.
  3. We kept a first and second round pick.
  4. Lowden provides better back up than Graham in ruck.
  5. Lowden provides better back up than SMack in forward/ruck.
  6. Cheney is the anti-Reilly. Can play the same role, but has heart and desire.
  7. Cheney is better than Reilly and will be the type of player Walsh likes.
  8. Our 3rd and 4th round picks are very reasonable positions for 3rd and 4th round picks.
  9. Our recruiting team actually get a chance put their work to the test.
  10. We still have the option of unsigned free agents like Robinson if we want.
Not a big fish, or anything noteworthy, but solid work on the whole.

I have no info however sometimes a big fish takes a little while (12 months) to reel in

Sam Shaw

Not sure about a smart ball user at all. Agree with the other 2 though.

Thats not the problem thought. My issue is that we already have players like Kerridge and Grigg who both win 1v1s, and both provide run, but who are also younger, have a much higher ceiling and are also better ball users imo.

Going forward as a club with the younger talented players we have at our disposal, I see no real role for VB in our midfield or HB line.

Kerrige and Grigg are more mid half forward. VB is a mid half back. VB contends more with Reilly Jaensch Laird Brown for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back