List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do we normally have to wait after trade week before we know who gets delisted because we were only holding on to them in case they came up as a trade?

Kerrige and Grigg are more mid half forward. VB is a mid half back. VB contends more with Reilly Jaensch Laird Brown for me

And I'd put Jaensch and Brown way ahead of VB at this stage. VB would be torn to shreds matching up on the Lindsay Thomas, Jake Neade, Rioli types in the competition.

Call me bias, but I would almost rather Lairdy in the side as well. Love what the bloke brings to the team

Cheney is actually alright offensively. Has very neat disposal and doesn't seem to panic with the ball in hand. Often goes the safe option, but that's just shows that he knows his limitations, and I would much rather he pass the ball on to better hands in Smith, Hendo and Jaensch, rather than cost us multiple goals like Reilly. Decent mover as well.

Reckon he will slot in nicely as that 4th defender after the 3 talls / medium defender that we have really lacked. Just hope that he doesnt end up on any monster forwards like he was made to play on Hawkins. Is the perfect player to play on those resting midfielder/medium forward types (Ziebell/Menzel)
provided Talia and Hartigan aren't injured he won't have to.

So what did we end up getting for Danger. I mean I'd been assured by the media that he was a certainty to be traded this year...;)

BTW reasonably happy with the trades. we filled a couple of needs and didn't give up too much. Best case scenario without landing a genuine gun.

With the loss of draft picks (thanks Triggy) we really needed to get some kids into the club and we traded our way into getting the bulk of those players in the first 3 rounds so hopefully a higher chance of finding some good players.

So.. we now have 4 picks inside the top-60, courtesy of trade week. Presumably we'll be looking to use all of those. We've also gained 2 players and upgraded Cameron, so that's 3 more "INs". By my maths, that means we'll be making 7 changes to our list. With Porps (ret), Rutten (ret), Pets, LJ, Smack & Gus all gone, we still need to find one more vacancy. Who will be the last player asked to leave the building?

Hopefully pods, now that we have Lowden we shouldn't be wasting any more games on Pods (if he even made the team, he should be behind Tex, Lynch and Jenkins barring injury and shocking form). Think Reilly survives due to lack of experience in the backline with Rutten retired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, pretty happy with those trades.

10 - 14 is pretty meh, smart decision if we're keen on someone to come in later and it did upgrade our second pick, nullifying the last trades main loss.
Lowden - Better back up ruck than Graham, Still young and might get gametime if the subrule goes (actually is a decent chance to)
Cheney - Really keen on getting someone like him, sure he's not great but if we had a decent medium defender we'd of been in finals this year... we got destroyed multiple times last season lacking a medium defender. Kelly ideally overtakes him this season though and rotate the two.
Getting another 3rd rounder and upgrading the 4th shows we're definitely using all 4 in the draft, reckon we'll upgrade with our last two picks (around 80 and 120 i believe?)

Well done nobes, now to the draft and another 1000 posts :)

And I'd put Jaensch and Brown way ahead of VB at this stage. VB would be torn to shreds matching up on the Lindsay Thomas, Jake Neade, Rioli types in the competition.

Call me bias, but I would almost rather Lairdy in the side as well. Love what the bloke brings to the team
You're definitely biased - and badly underestimating our Captain.

provided Talia and Hartigan aren't injured he won't have to.

And if he won't have to, then I reckon he will thrive in that medium defender / loose man role. Just gotta pray that our key position stocks stay fit now.

Yep, pretty happy with those trades.

10 - 14 is pretty meh, smart decision if we're keen on someone to come in later and it did upgrade our second pick, nullifying the last trades main loss.
Lowden - Better back up ruck than Graham, Still young and might get gametime if the subrule goes (actually is a decent chance to)
Cheney - Really keen on getting someone like him, sure he's not great but if we had a decent medium defender we'd of been in finals this year... we got destroyed multiple times last season lacking a medium defender. Kelly ideally overtakes him this season though and rotate the two.
Getting another 3rd rounder and upgrading the 4th shows we're definitely using all 4 in the draft, reckon we'll upgrade with our last two picks (around 80 and 120 i believe?)

Well done nobes, now to the draft and another 1000 posts :)

Not having a go but this is a brilliant post. Easily the post of the thread.

I believe LT has more upside than Shaw. They both have their issues but for me, LT is more of a footballer and Shaw an athlete who lacks a footy brain.
I have no faith in either of them making it as AFL footballers. I'd be happy with either (or both) of them being delisted.

Its morons like you that allow people like Trigg, Chapman and co. to run their football clubs into the ground.
Oh look, the negative ninny's clumping together. Is clumping the right adjective? Whatever, the pair of usual suspects complaining and liking each others posts. Waiting for the third to join in. WHAT. A. SURPRISE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back