List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many Crazy trades happening and all we can muster up is dud fringe players. Any danger of us being hell bent on getting someone?

I suspect after Boyd revealed that he would leave anyway, the Giants decided to trade him this year while his trade currency was higher.

I'm actually glad to see WB finally get a KPF, but something has to change regarding player contracts. A no.1 draft pick leaves after a year? Come on.
I feel sorry for Boyd, the Western Bulldogs curse on tall players will hit him!

May be no need to trade up. We probably already have our sights set on someone at pick 10. Be dumb to throw away a good player just to move up the draft and end up drafting the same kid we could've got at 10 anyway.

Wonder if anyone can clarify a Salary cap query for me.

Lets say a club went into the trade period with a spare 500k under what they need to spend of their cap.
They were expecting to trade a good player, and that trade doesn't eventuate, what happens to the 500k they need to spend?

Do they share it out between the players on their list, or do they rewrite someone's contracts, or something else?
Yep, they'd have to give it to the players somehow. A few lucky individuals.
Yep, but you'd think they'd re-structure contracts to free up cash later on.

"Hey Tex how about we give you an extra $100,000 this year and take it off next year, okay mate?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disgrace Boyd is. When you enter the draft you should be prepared to go where ever. Not just leaving after your first year, see your contract ou. He shouldn't have this power.

Its a million dollars per year, I think it would be easy for a 18,19 year old kid to be blinded by that.

What a disgrace Boyd is. When you enter the draft you should be prepared to go where ever. Not just leaving after your first year, see your contract out. He shouldn't have this power.
Whilst i agree to a point... GWS chased Griffen. A captain at another club. It's all fair in love and war.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back