List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know much about Sam Grimley from Hawthorn? Has requested a trade for more opportunities. 23, 199cm, 96kg ruck who kicked 45.23 in the VFL from 18 games this year. I've never seen him play.

Good question, is a little unknown!
wonder if he can pinch hit in the ruck?

Might be another mckernan?

Good question is will today be like yesterday or will things start to develop & some trades happen

Unfortunately I think Ryder will be the first pin to fall! That could drag on

I'm not sure why but trade time is that time of year where supporters of all clubs lose all rational thinking.

The rules of trade time for the delusional fan are as follows:

1 shit player who can't get a game for an average club on his own = early 2nd round pick

1 average to good player who has had a down year or is just coming towards the downwards spiral = top 15 draft pick

1 average to good player aged 26 or under = top 10 pick

Then if you throw a pick into the mix you have

Shit player + first round = pick improves by 3 places

Average to good player + first round = jump 5-7 places

Average to good young player + first round = jump 5-7 places + better average to good player in return

OR

just a trade for an outright superstar

Trade period sucks ass.
You forgot three spuds = good player.

Saw a suggestion on one of the Facebook pages just before, saying that the Hawks should offer Grimley, Schoenmakers, and their first round pick for Dangerfield.

WHERE DO WE SIGN!??!
Speechless image.jpg

Is it wrong that after each day I don't expect us to have done anything?

Is it wrong that after each day I am disappointed that we appear to have done nothing.??

I usually go straight to the AFL website and I look for something about the Crows but nothing is there yet it appears that all the other clubs have their finger in the pie. Lets hope that its all about to happen for us.

I'm fine with the proposed Ryder compensation and separate side trade, as long as immediately after the paperwork is signed the Bombres and Power lose their first and second round picks for 2014 and 2015 as well as their right to participate in Free Agency during those years. Obviously there needs to be some hefty fines for both clubs and suspensions for some of the administration involved as well.

Then I'd be fine with the deal.

Last edited:
I heard on the news last night that Port were "becoming frustrated with Essendon's tactics". Boo ****ing hoo, Ryder is contracted to Essendon until the end of next season. They are under no obligation to trade him to Port just because two of the three parties want it to happen.

I'm fine with the proposed Ryder compensation and separate side trade, as long as immediately after the paperwork is signed the Bombres and Power lose their first and second round picks for 2014 and 2015 as well as their right to participate in Free Agency during those years. Obviously there needs to be some hefty fines for both clubs and suspensions for some of administration involved..

The second side deal is EXACTLY the same as what we got done for. "We'll give you a 1st round commodity for a second rounder" except in this case, it'll be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Completely fair...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fine with the proposed Ryder compensation and separate side trade, as long as immediately after the paperwork is signed the Bombres and Power lose their first and second round picks for 2014 and 2015 as well as their right to participate in Free Agency during those years. Obviously there needs to be some hefty fines for both clubs and suspensions for some of administration involved..

The AFL's reputation is at stake with this one. I'm sure that the other 16 clubs will be extremely pissed off if the Ryder/Free Agency/Trade draft tampering goes ahead.

Bloody disgraceful... I haven't been this annoyed in a while. I need to chill!

Good question, is a little unknown!
wonder if he can pinch hit in the ruck?

Might be another mckernan?

Grimley is rather inconsistent. He had some great games for Box Hill but also many very poor games. Too big a difference between his best and worst to command a spot at the hawks. Looking at his stats, he had about 50 hit outs for the year including two lots of 13 where it looks like he spent some time in the ruck. If you check out here, you'll see he only made the best players twice, but Box Hill were a very good team this year.

http://maps.sportingpulse.com/team_...=192155803&client=1-118-10469-294689-20320228

The AFL's reputation is at stake with this one. I'm sure that the other 16 clubs will be extremely pissed off if the Ryder/Free Agency/Trade draft tampering goes ahead.

Bloody disgraceful... I haven't been this annoyed in a while. I need to chill!
The deal will happen and AFL will fluff about and get it over the line. There's no way the AFL want Ryder to go down the breach of contract path with Essendon so this is the lesser of 2 evils for the AFL. Doesn't make it right but that's my guess on what will happen.

Anybody know much about Sam Grimley from Hawthorn? Has requested a trade for more opportunities. 23, 199cm, 96kg ruck who kicked 45.23 in the VFL from 18 games this year. I've never seen him play.
Ridiculous athlete with a basketball background, had only played a few games of footy when drafted. Despite ages on the list he still has a lot to learn. Frankly he kicked a lot of those goals just because he was too tall and fast for most VFL defenders, he wouldn't do it in the AFL. His best is very good, but his worst is pathetic, and you see that way too often. If you could shrink the gaps between his best and worst you might have a player, but it's a gamble.

Has shown more as a forward than when trying to ruck.

Ridiculous athlete with a basketball background, had only played a few games of footy when drafted. Despite ages on the list he still has a lot to learn. Frankly he kicked a lot of those goals just because he was too tall and fast for most VFL defenders, he wouldn't do it in the AFL. His best is very good, but his worst is pathetic, and you see that way too often. If you could shrink the gaps between his best and worst you might have a player, but it's a gamble.

Has shown more as a forward than when trying to ruck.

If he's no better ruck than Jenkins then there's no point having a crack at him. I'd rather Ceglar.

If they wanted to close it they could have done it after the Del Santo "trade".

Very different.

Del santo was out of contract, with a clause that would opt in an extension.

Ryder is in contract, and somehow consenting to tear up his contract gives him free agent rights and Essendon the right for compensation? Why?

People probably should relax. No club has made a trade yet, so I'm not concerned. Let it play out as it will.
Agree. How long does the trading period go for? Three weeks.

I would be surprised if each club has met with every other club for a decent scoping discussion yet. This week will be about clubs scoping who from other clubs could be on the market and who are untouchable.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

Agree. How long does the trading period go for? Three weeks.

I would be surprised if each club has met with every other club for a decent scoping discussion yet. This week will be about clubs scoping who from other clubs could be on the market and who are untouchable.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge yet.

Its 10 or 11 days in total this year, down from the ridiculous 4 week exchange period of last year.

Very different.

Del santo was out of contract, with a clause that would opt in an extension.

Ryder is in contract, and somehow consenting to tear up his contract gives him free agent rights and Essendon the right for compensation? Why?
Was the clause activated? If yes there was a contact. If no there was no contract.
Was there a side deal to make up the "difference"?

Why should clubs receive compensation for players not on their books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back