AFL 2007 talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sony still hold the licence, they need to look at releasing on other gaming platforms again next time.

Perhaps that's one of the reasons for 'no game' this year, there aren't enough people buying the PS3 at present.

I can understand there is no point releasing on the PS2 anymore, although the console can still be purchased, game releases are now starting to dry up for the console.
Its sad really, poor old PS2. I currently share a PS2 and have no plans on blowing 10 weeks of hard-earned on an Xbox 360 or about 12 weeks on a PS3 (making about 70 bucks a week with my job atm - only do 1 day though :))

It's just this whole console thing has put IR and Sony in a really difficult position.

Although, I am gunna fire up the PS2 and AFL Premiership 2007 (something so simplistic about the box art - I like it! Not as much as the AFL Live 2004 box though :p Now that's an A+ box. Sorry, me talking about boxes is irrelevant and has nothing to do with this thread) to continue on 2008 as the mighty Eagles

I think with an overhaul brings a world of changes that would be really well recieved (probably the worst thing about "my" 2008 is player ages are quite off for draftees and that some teams are over 80% new players on match day) but I very much enjoyed my 2007 season :thumbsu:

I think the best thing I can do now is to leave this be until word of another AFL title surfaces.

Good luck FH with all future and current endeavours (same goes to IR (i am NOT calling it Transmission :p)) and I'll see you when the next one comes around!

Whatever happens console wise, it should please most (whether that a multi-console release or a Sony-only release - by then the PS3 will be more popular and myself will still be on the good ol PS2 :))

Signing off

MG

P.S
I'm sure I would have been 'educated' regardless of whether it were released this year or next
LOL!!! :p

By all means call me a lazy pom, but without reading through over 200 pages of messages, is AFL 2007 worth getting if I've not picked up an edition of the game since AFL 2004?

Yeah, depends how much you get it for though.

Paying more than 40-50 Aussie = probably not

If you can find it for under 40 aussie or off a torrent (naughty ;)) then by all means go for it.

It's the best game yet :thumbsu:. And it's got a player editor :)

Yeah its really fun once you get used to it, imo it captures the pace of the game well. On the negative, the goal kicking system on the run is garbage, but you get used to it.... eventually....

Worth it for just single games, playing with a mate is exceptionally fun

I got it when it first came out and was a bit disappointed with it. Gets so boring so easily, and there's nothing else to do other than play footy matches(On one of the earlier games, there was Lou's Handball).

The trade system is totally unrealistic.

Traded pick 16 and 50 for pick 1, traded all my rookies for stars of the game.

I got it when it first came out and was a bit disappointed with it. Gets so boring so easily, and there's nothing else to do other than play footy matches(On one of the earlier games, there was Lou's Handball).

The trade system is totally unrealistic.

Traded pick 16 and 50 for pick 1, traded all my rookies for stars of the game.

Well if you dont do those trades and build your side thro the draft or develop players it makes it more interesting.
Who cares who the comp trades for as long as you dont do unrealistic trades. More challenging if you dont have a team full of stars.

Thanks guys, I plumped for it in the end as I found it for £15 (about 32 Australian dollars) and I'm really impressed. Have played a couple of single games as the Cats and am starting to get the hang of the controls - agree with you Ricky, about kicking on the run. I don't think I have enough eyes to look at the little target thing and the inevitable Swan who's trying to cosh me at the same time, but I'm getting the hang of it. :)

Next question - is the Career mode any good or am I better off just going for a Season mode first?

(Sorry to bombard you with all these questions!!!)

Good, good. Don't waste your time on Season, by the time you finish it you'd wish you'd chosen Career.

OT: Brumbies, I know a guy that plays down in Baldivis. Tells me youse wear Crows colours. Which oval do you play at though because I know of two in the estate thing on Safety Bay Road and an oval on Fifty.

Coincidence because I was just on sportingpulse reading about the Peel District yesterday and am obsessing about it because it's got a good number of teams (14 teams in the 14s - compare to 6 or 7 in Perth 15s) and theres something about North Mandurah... :p

MG

Thanks guys, I plumped for it in the end as I found it for £15 (about 32 Australian dollars) and I'm really impressed. Have played a couple of single games as the Cats and am starting to get the hang of the controls - agree with you Ricky, about kicking on the run. I don't think I have enough eyes to look at the little target thing and the inevitable Swan who's trying to cosh me at the same time, but I'm getting the hang of it. :)

Next question - is the Career mode any good or am I better off just going for a Season mode first?

(Sorry to bombard you with all these questions!!!)

Good to see folks still interested in the game. I'll give you a tip...the scoring hud (the one with the goal posts) really plays the role of a guide when kicking on the run. The kick on the run is more heavily influenced by the direction you are facing and that which you have been travelling in for the previous second or so. The scoring hud is more important for stoppages like free kicks and shots on goal. That said though, it does help if you get the red marker somewhere near the vicinity of your intended kick direction.

I must get back to playing it. Especially with the preseason comp just around the corner...:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OT: Brumbies, I know a guy that plays down in Baldivis. Tells me youse wear Crows colours. Which oval do you play at though because I know of two in the estate thing on Safety Bay Road and an oval on Fifty.

Coincidence because I was just on sportingpulse reading about the Peel District yesterday and am obsessing about it because it's got a good number of teams (14 teams in the 14s - compare to 6 or 7 in Perth 15s) and theres something about North Mandurah... :p

MG

Yeah unfortunatly we have crows colours :eek: Our Oval is at the end of 50 rd the smallest in the comp buts its not to bad.
Who do you know? Is he seniors or juniors. This is only the 3rd season in seniors so our club is still building.
Peel district is growing in all grades. This season the PFL welcome 2 new colts sides(Safety Bay and Halls Head) and they should both have seniors up and running with in 3 years so that takes the PFL to 10 clubs.

I got to get me ps2 back out i think with footy just round the corner.

Yeah I thought it would be for life...phew! If it does indeed die one day still feel free to PM me folks about the game or possible future iterations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back