11 Essendon
12 West Coast
13 Bulldogs
14 Carlton
15 Brisbane
16 Melbourne
17 GWS
18 St Kilda

From last years top eight Port and Carlton are in most danger of dropping out. Adelaide, Essendon, North Melbourne, and West Coast are the most likely to replace them. The Gold Coast are also a good chance to make it if their development is anything like last year.

Not sure whether I've actually done a ladder prediction in this thread, but I think Freo, Sydney and Hawthorn are the 3 teams to beat in 2014. Geelong to finish out of the 4, but play final/s. Few injuries to start the year, and SURELY soon a guy like Enright or Bartel will have lesser impact. Still a great list though. Richmond to stay in finals, good list, good coach, good draw.

Collingwood, Essendon, Port, Carlton and North all thereabouts. Pies could be a surprise drop out in 2014, they will bounce back soon but they have gone very heavy in the draft in recent years and cleared a lot of experience out of their list recently. The likes of Kennedy, Adams, Grundy, Fasolo, Beams, Sidebottom, Seedsman, Reid, Elliott and Thomas will form an excellent nucleus in a couple of years, but maybe there will be a few of the younger guys on that list who aren't quite up to it in 2014. Essendon should be there, but they have an inconsistent list. I really don't think there is a lot to split Port, Carlton and North. All fans will disagree. Port fans will point to 2013 and a finals win, Carlton and North other performances. But will Schulz stay fit? Will Murphy stand up? Will North's defence stand up under pressure late in games? Many questions to be answered. Port, North and Carlton could all finish 5th to 14th.

All 5 teams could make the 8 comfortably, and all could miss it.

Adelaide is my team to jump up the ladder. Will be fighting it out in the top bracket imo.

The Dogs could also be the surprise packet, and I think the 5 teams in the 'thereabouts' bracket should be wary of the Dogs. They are a team to look over your shoulder at. With Griffen, Cooney and Minson in the midfield, and a host of young kids lead by Libba and Roughead, they are a team that could experience exponential improvement.

Gold Coast and West Coast need another year. Eagles maybe 2 in my opinion. If they fix up their home ground play, they could sneak into 8th, but reckon that's pushing it. Need Shuey and Masten to stand up and play 22 consistent weeks of good footy. Suns are looking like they are beginning a fortress at Metricon, and obviously they have Ablett, but still can't see them winning enough away games to sneak into the top 8.

Brisbane, GWS, Melbourne and St Kilda are my bottom 4. St Kilda and Brisbane to experience poor seasons going backwards, but play a lot of good kids. GWS and Melbourne should improve but can't see them improving enough to make any significant inroads to total wins (%age might be a different story, %age's in the 50s tell a story, think both sides could push that up to 70ish)

1. Fremantle
2. Hawthorn
3. Adelaide
4. Sydney

5. Richmond
6. Essendon
7. North
8. Geelong

9. Port
10. Collingwood
11. West Coast
12. W.Bulldogs
13. Gold Coast
14. Carlton
15. Brisbane
16. Melbourne
17. GWS
18. St Kilda

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is my stab...

01.Sydney

02.Hawthorn

03.Richmond

04.Fremantle

05.West Coast

06.Collingwood

07.Essendon

08.North Melbourne

09.Geelong

10.Port Adelaide

11.Adelaide

12.Carlton

13.Gold Coast

14.Melbourne

15.Bulldogs

16.Brisbane

17.StKilda

18.GWS

1 Hawthorn
2 Sydney
3 Fremantle
4 Richmond
5 Geelong
6 Collingwood
7 Adelaide
8 Gold Coast
9 Port Adelaide
10 North Melbourne
11 Essendon
12 West Coast
13 Bulldogs
14 Carlton
15 Brisbane
16 Melbourne
17 GWS
18 St Kilda

From last years top eight Port and Carlton are in most danger of dropping out. Adelaide, Essendon, North Melbourne, and West Coast are the most likely to replace them. The Gold Coast are also a good chance to make it if their development is anything like last year.
Missing: Pair of rose coloured glasses. Until they are found this poster can only objectively predict where their team will finish on the ladder and not put them up much higher than the general consensus.

Missing: Pair of rose coloured glasses. Until they are found this poster can only objectively predict where their team will finish on the ladder and not put them up much higher than the general consensus.

Swap Port with Richmond and that would be ideal.

I'll have a go...

1. Hawthorn (Best team in the competition by FAR)
2. Fremantle (First and second will be separated by one win)
3. Sydney (Buddy will fire. Sydney will fire)
4. Richmond (Easier draw = success)
5. Geelong (Like the way they're looking after their list. Still looks healthy even after all the success they've had in the past)
6. Collingwood (Eddie will go nuts if they don't make the 8)
7. Port Adelaide (Koch and Eddie will get into a fist fight)
8. North Melbourne (Could finish anywhere - so I've gone with the safe option)

9. Adelaide (A win outside the 8)
10. Carlton (Will be hard to beat at home, but struggle when travelling)
11. West Coast (Unsure)
12. Essendon (Unsure)
13. Brisbane Lions (Tough draw, tough times :rolleyes:)
14. Western Bulldogs (Sounds about right.)
15. St Kilda (Don't expect a massive turn-around from last year)
16. Gold Coast (Big expectations, huge disappointment)
17. Melbourne (Paul Roos is a genius. Demons will show patches of great football - but definitely won't move up the ladder that rapidly.
18. GWS (Give them another year before climbing)

10. Carlton (Will be hard to beat at home, but struggle when travelling)

Do you mean travelling from the MCG to Etihad! :confused:

We travelled interstate 5 times last year (not including the Semi Final in Sydney) and won 4 out of 5 games.

I wouldn't call that struggle!

Last edited:
Do you mean travelling from the MCG to Etihad! :confused:

We travelled interstate 5 times last year (not including the Semi Final in Sydney) and won 4 out of 5 games.

I wouldn't call that struggle!

Don't mock the trip between Etihad and MCG North struggles to get to the Etihad carpark without losing form. In fact our road record will be the difference between 4th and 12th.

Don't mock the trip between Etihad and MCG North struggles to get to the Etihad carpark without losing form. In fact our road record will be the difference between 4th and 12th.
our form at the G has been pretty good on the few occasions we get to play there. Its when we go interstate that we have turned to sh*t.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2014 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back