Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 4 - Tigers v Dogs Sat April 9th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

EEA4627E-389A-407C-8A9B-1335F1EC2B1D.png
11th v 12th

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 4

RICHMOND V WESTERN BULLDOGS
SATURDAY APRIL 9TH 7:25PM EST (MCG)

➡️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
➡️ Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

TIGERS

B: J.Gibcus, R.Tarrant, B.Miller
HB: J.Short, N.Broad, D.Rioli
C: K.McIntosh, T.Cotchin, M.Pickett
HF: S.Bolton, L.Baker, J.Graham
F: T.Lynch, J.Castagna, J.Riewoldt
FOLL: T.Nankervis, D.Prestia, T.Dow

I/C: N.Balta, H.Ralphsmith, S.Edwards, M.Parker
EMG: J.Ross, R.Mansell, I.Soldo, T.Sonsie

IN: B.Miller, J.Riewoldt, D.Prestia
OUT: I.Soldo, J.Aarts, J.Ross (all omitted), D.Grimes (injured)

BULLDOGS
B: E.Richards, R.Gardner, T.Duryea
HB: C.Daniel, T.O’Brien, B.Dale
C: J.Macrae, J.Dunkley, L.Hunter
HF: C.Weightman, J.Ugle-Hagan, B.Smith
F: M.Hannan, A.Naughton, L.Vandermeer
FOLL: T.English, A.Treloar, M.Bontempelli

I/C: L.Butler, T.Liberatore, A.Scott, B.Williams
EMG: M.Wallis, B.Khamis, L.McNeil, J.Sweet

IN: T.O’Brien, L.Butler, B.Williams
OUT: R.Smith (omitted), Z.Cordy, A.Keath (both injured), M.Wallis (sub)

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps⬇️

Last edited:
We can't play 4 quarters of footy at the moment, so I could see us looking the better team for long periods as we have done so far this year, then coughing up quick goals that turn the game.

Our midfield can't compete with others at the moment.

To be fair the Dogs haven't played 4 quarters either and let sides get run ons.

That's good for us.

I just don't like the look of your midfield against ours..... Reckon we could get smashed out of the centre which has killed us in our losses.
Is Prestia back this week? That helps you

English vs Soldo/Nank will be a big one. We're likely to get smashed in the ruck contests and hope English's around the ground play makes up for it.

Prestia should play. Stef Martin will come in won't he?
Not sure - he missed a week due to close contact protocols. To my eye he looked 34 going on 54 during the pre-season.
Tiges would probably put Broad or Short on him in the forwardline who would get about 55 disposals running off him.

Our other ruck (Sweet) is battling around the ground at VFL level.

Is Prestia back this week? That helps you

English vs Soldo/Nank will be a big one. We're likely to get smashed in the ruck contests and hope English's around the ground play makes up for it.
English has been in cracking form, think he'll be dangerous around the ground for sure. In the ruck contests though, you might be one ruck short yeh.

Prestia should be back, but no one trusts his body to play 4 quarters these days.

Either way, I'm pretty realistic of where out midfield is at, especially without Dusty.

Prestia, Cotchin, Graham, Edwards, Dow, Macintosh, Parker, Pickett, etc doesn't stack up to Bontempelli, Macrae, Libba, Smith, Treloar, Hunter, etc. It's past it's prime and it's lacking size and class.

That's where we are seeing games are won and lost in 2022.

Our once famed defence won't have Grimes, Vlastuin or Balta playing in it, all of a sudden the 3 key backs are Tarrant, Gibcus and Miller. That's a far cry from the elite defence we won our flags with.

The edge I give Richmond is I think our forward line can beat your backline. Lynch, Riewoldt, Balta, Bolton, Baker, Castagna is a good forward line with the firepower to trouble any defence on it's day, but I just don't see us getting the ball to them!

The edge I give Richmond is I think our forward line can beat your backline. Lynch, Riewoldt, Balta, Bolton, Baker, Castagna is a good forward line with the firepower to trouble any defence on it's day, but I just don't see us getting the ball to them!
We can generally cover two tall forwards, if a team has a legitimate third we can be stretched.
McKay and Curnow combined for 8 or 9 goals against us in round 2 (de Koning helped with separation). Balta is a long kick which means we have to adjust our defensive zone accordingly, which probably gives Lynch/Riewoldt a little bit of extra space to work into as well.

We can generally cover two tall forwards, if a team has a legitimate third we can be stretched.
McKay and Curnow combined for 8 or 9 goals against us in round 2 (de Koning helped with separation). Balta is a long kick which means we have to adjust our defensive zone accordingly, which probably gives Lynch/Riewoldt a little bit of extra space to work into as well.
Riewoldt is one year too many I think. His value is now is in his name, he might draw a reasonable defender, but he's long gone from being a big threat himself. Hopefully he can bob up for a goal or two, but if we are going to get threatening big talls it's Lynch or Balta who are most dangerous to you. Bolton is in AA form, and probably jags 2-3.

Riewoldt is one year too many I think. His value is now is in his name, he might draw a reasonable defender, but he's long gone from being a big threat himself. Hopefully he can bob up for a goal or two, but if we are going to get threatening big talls it's Lynch or Balta who are most dangerous to you. Bolton is in AA form, and probably jags 2-3.
Bit rough on Riewoldt, has played one game this year where we got smashed in the middle and broke his thumb in the first quarter, and kicked 51 last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm the greatest team of the modern era vs a team that's been on the scrap heap for nearly 60 years more like it!
Hawthorn are has been. Greatest team of the modern era is stretching it.

We all know you hate us because you thought a "fourpeat" was your right.

Back under your rock

See, I wouldn't be surprised if Richmond win this but who knows? Equally I can see the Doggies taking it out. Both teams have lacked that consistent killer form.

My thoughts on the Dogs go back to the end of the H&A season last year where they were really struggling with form. They managed that first final against Essendon but weren't convincing and then went into ultra hot mode the next two games and did well for a fair bit of the GF. My concern about them is that that surge of form in the finals is not entirely accurate of where they are at and what we have seen over the first few rounds is more akin to how they finished the regular season last year. If that's the case then they aren't as threatening as their finals campaign makes them out to be. Foolish to over emphasise this though as they are still highly capable and have world class pieces in enough key positions.

As far as Richmond goes, they haven't looked dangerous since before the Geelong game last year. They have shown spirited efforts in each game this season and have led all three games at 3qtr time but have twice now been utterly crushed without a reply after building a decent lead. They look like they cannot keep it together for a full game and when they drop their engagement they really drop it.

I can't imagine Nank wants to start out his captaincy tenure as part of a midfield that gets so badly destroyed so often by teams that didn't even play finals last year so I expect him to come out ready to run through walls. They did it against the Giants and their midfield so they could do it again on Saturday.

My concern about them is that that surge of form in the finals is not entirely accurate of where they are at and what we have seen over the first few rounds is more akin to how they finished the regular season last year. If that's the case then they aren't as threatening as their finals campaign makes them out to be.
Strange way to view it. We were top of the ladder after 20 rounds last season. Our finals form was more reflective of that given the larger sample size.

Clearly we haven't started the season as well as we did last season and the lack of one Josh Bruce has hurt. In saying this, if our midfield controls the play as they did for the majority of the game last week we'll win this given the amount of opportunity they'll create to score. I'd back the forward line to kick straighter as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 4 - Tigers v Dogs Sat April 9th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Back