Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Congrats Pies, the best team all season and a will to win that was unrivalled this year.

Last time they won the flag it was sandwiched between two Geelong premierships, so here’s hoping history repeats itself 😍

The biggest gripe I had from todays match outside of Matt Stevic was the ads. THEY WENT TO A ****ING AD AFTER DANIHER KICKED THE GOAL WITH 90 SECONDS LEFT. Not once today could I watch a goal and cheer, no straight to a ****ing ute ad about who gets custody over it. ****ing Gronks. Not to mention the camera quality. 2023 and we're watching standard definition that claims to be HD

Felt like a little bit of a choke from the Lions there.

Poor-arse defending in the last few minutes of each quarter giving up goals, players like Hipwood, Rayner, Bailey (after half-time), 2xBrownlow medalist Lauchie Neale up until 3 quarter. Berry too.

Bit soft sorry Lions.
Hard to call a choke when Pies has that many more scoring shots, don’t you think?

Why are all these Pies fans white-knighting Frampton's shocking performance? And defending against any criticism of the umpires? Maybe because some of that criticism is true.

You won the game. No idea why you wouldn't be celebrating it at the moment, instead of hitting up this thread.

I think the Pies were the better team, but umpiring played a big part in their success in such a tight season.

It's almost as enjoyable reading all these posts saying the umpires won the game for us, or the flag is tainted as it was winning the game!
There were a number of decisions that could have gone either way, just as there are in every single AFL game.
I can pick out 10+ free kicks that should have gone Collingwood's way easily, so stop wringing about 1 advantage call that was the player's fault.
Hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

The biggest gripe I had from todays match outside of Matt Stevic was the ads. THEY WENT TO A ******* AD AFTER DANIHER KICKED THE GOAL WITH 90 SECONDS LEFT. Not once today could I watch a goal and cheer, no straight to a ******* ute ad about who gets custody over it. ******* Gronks. Not to mention the camera quality. 2023 and we're watching standard definition that claims to be HD

Spot on!

Regards

S. Pete

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are all these Pies fans white-knighting Frampton's shocking performance? And defending against any criticism of the umpires? Maybe because some of that criticism is true.

You won the game. No idea why you wouldn't be celebrating it at the moment, instead of hitting up this thread.

I think the Pies were the better team, but umpiring played a big part in their success in such a tight season.
Coming from a Cats fan who wouldn't have won the flag last year without some very dodgy umpiring in the qualifying final

and youve only just managed to catch us on flags, well done, although this one has an asterix
No it doesn’t, but keep thinking that if it helps you sleep at night.

Pies best team all year.

Lions had their chances.

Fages a class act. Lovely bloke. Taken a team from the bottom and really set em up well for the next 5 years even if he leaves after 2025 to coach Tassie.

Fly was very gracious. Has taught his team how to close out the close ones. Sidey and Pendles stood up when needed.

The Lions defence was under immense heat early and were lucky Collingwood kicked inaccurately. Harris Andrews was a ROCK.

Probably the one thing they need to address Lions is marking the smalls

Kiddy was on fire early. Howe IMO was Pies best defender was in everything.

Be interesting to see if Dev sticks around or goes home to WA. Zorks might have one more year left. Berry's year was ordinary and maybe might look to get home to VIC

KISS were freakin' awesome too! Loved seeing all those kids in the war paint!!!!

THUMBS DOWN to CHANNEL 7 for the ***** camera work during the game and MISSING PAUL STANLEY SMASHING HIS GUITAR!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back