Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

I'm comparing Frampton's premiership medal winning performance with Mooneys from 1999.
Exactly!
Congrats to the bloke! He’s a flag player!
Regardless of how weak the season has been, you can’t take a flag and premiership medal away for the club and player. More than almost everyone on this forum can claim in regards to this game.

Hard to call a choke when Pies has that many more scoring shots, don’t you think?
Maybe. I reckon the Lions are a better side, their midfield got belted today.

Genuinely deserved flag for the Pies, despite the late advantage call.

I will say though, that Billy Frampton is a brave man for celebrating that medal being placed around his neck.
Considering the way every player is involved in modern footy from a rotational perspective, that has to be THE single worst performance from an individual resulting in a Premiership medal. Hopefully he does the right thing and gives it to John Noble on Mad Monday.
How did you rate the Brisbane captain’s day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes, hird was the cheat , its sad that the neutrals think that, what else would you expect from the uneducated
Why did Hird hire a criminal drug importer as his *nutritional advisor? It always seemed like Hird’s ability to run all day and run his opponents into the ground was too good to be true. Now we know it was too good to be true. Still, great player for a drug cheat

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back