Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 29 5.9%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 20 4.1%
  • Pies by 7-20

Votes: 116 23.6%
  • Lions by 7-20

Votes: 216 43.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 47 9.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 53 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest ever comeback in a grand final at 3/4 is 24 points in 1984. They’d want to be a bit closer I’d reckon.
Maybe, but it's all mental. They'll both be knackered at that stage with the heat, in this scenario.
The crowd starts "Coooollingwoood, Coooollingwoood", get a quick goal or two, and tired Lions could try and save it, which won't end well if 20 points up with 15 minutes to go...

Why is the advantage clearly considered the wrong call? He clearly kicks it what 2 secs after the whistle? It def wasn't instantanious with the whistle going. Hes chosen to kick the ball forward well after the whistle went. If Rayner takes the mark and it gets called back and the Collingwood get all 18 inside def 50, it would have been a worse call.

The crowd there was noisy as hell, do you expect the players to hear the whistle with that crowd noise? It's a lot easier to hear it on the tv.

It should've been brought back for a free kick to Brisbane as there wasn't any advantage for them, it may as well not have been a free kick.

The crowd there was noisy as hell, do you expect the players to hear the whistle with that crowd noise? It's a lot easier to hear it on the tv.

It should've been brought back for a free kick to Brisbane as there wasn't any advantage for them, it may as well not have been a free kick.

Do you ever watch footy? Or just the free kick count/umpiring?

Bit sad.

When do you make the call though, the umpire looked in 2 minds. You surely cant wait to see if Brisbane mark it. If they did mark it and its called back, it would be a disaster.

Collingwood hero Steele Sidebottom considered faking cramp to kill the clock before kicking the goal that sealed the 2023 premiership.

The age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't like it! but i can't say they don't deserve it.
well done pies. best team for the year, some shaky footy toward the back end of the season, and brought back the A game for finals.
pretty pleased for darcy moore. gone from failed forward, to very good backman, to captain. he's a good egg.
where to for some of their veterans, running around again? can they keep it up another year or will the team be as good if some of them pull the pin?

bad luck brisbane. i was rootin' for ya. i'm sure you'll be around the mark next year. maybe next time let carlton try and stop collingwood eh? ;)

Thought Moore struggled more than Andrews did today, though admittedly had a far better opponent.
Moore wasn’t at his best. Dan
Frampton was less deserving of a premiership medal today than Leon Davis and he didn't even play in the replay.

He got beaten in pretty much every contest by Harris Andrews and was lucky he didn't give away more free kicks than he did.

I feel sorry for McStay who missed out on a premiership medal while a clearly inferior player to him got one.
Totally agree with what you write but if Frampton was so bad, why wasn’t Harris so good.

Frampton barely did more in that game then me, yet he's walking away with a Premiership medal. A true hero we can all look up to, do the minimum to win the most.
Hopefully old mate Curnow was taking notes, that's how you tie up a dangerous full back son 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2023 Grand Final - Pies vs Lions Sat Sept 30th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back