AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

150k posts

As the late great Danny Frawley would say... GET A LIFE!!!

That's the best you got 😂 says the guy here banging on about another teams fans not being invested.

ROFL. Noone should ever defend cardboard clappers. At any level. Typical Sydney. Absolute pretenders.

Hawks have plenty of cash. I bet we stay in Lonnie as well for a while. Great town. Has more soul than Sydney.

Will Need too, your fans jump off as soon as the team starts losing .

From a club with the biggest bandwagon supporters in the land.
I went to Hawks v Swans at MCG in Rd 7.
A crowd of 38,000 mainly South Melbourne supporters.
We’re were you all?
Disgraceful,
But sure enough the gold jackets were dusted off after 5 years & the bandwagoners were back by round 20.🤣🤣
And bulk buying all those witches hats from alibaba.com.

Don't think you can go past the Swans. Even when they were losing by 100 to Port I still felt they'd get back to their best at this time of the year, and it looked that way on Friday night.
I think Lions will come out firing but Sydney will grind them out and kick away in the 4th.
Which I guess is kinda what happened in 2021, the last time 1st met 5th in a Grand Final.

Yep, we have our share of dogs and cats members. Can't argue that.

You seem to be a Melbourne resident.

I was specifically referring the Sydney based supporters/crowds. After all, they're a Sydney team and have been for over forty years and yet still getting benefits vs other clubs. Any old South Melbourne based fans really are just victims cheering on a team that left them.
You need to have an element of supporters who jump on for any reason.
But you need success to make them stick for longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted this on the footy jumpers board...
this is a nice jumper match up in theory, but not great for afternoon telly. Take for example from rd 19:
View attachment 2118058
Unless Sydney were also to wear white shorts, which they seldom do, I just can't see the AFL allowing that mash up for their marquee match - and also can't imagine Swans not pushing for their full home kit, which they've earnt the right to wear.

I think logically it's going to be Sydney in their home kit and Brisbane in their Bears clash:
View attachment 2118068
It's really not a bad look imo.
What’s wrong with Sydney home kit, and Lions home guernsey with white shorts?

Should be an absolute belting GF. Can’t see it being a blowout. Both really good sides. I maintain that Brisbane’s best is the best, I think they can kill an opponent in a pretty quick turnaround. If they put a full game of that together it’ll be very interesting to see where the margin goes. Sydney is a great all round side, I think their best needs to be exhibited to counter Brisbane. Could also be high scoring.

I’ll go Lions by under 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back