AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 60 31.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 15.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We trounced the reigning premiers there. Also did a number on the Hawks by 12 goals, and they went on to win 7 of their next 8 after they faced us.

If we lose it will have zilch to do with the venue.
Those were games that didn't count for much.

You have lost your last 6 finals there. The last time you won a final at the MCG was the 2012 Grand Final.

What’s wrong with Sydney home kit, and Lions home guernsey with white shorts?
The argument is that adding a white element to Brisbane's maroon creates more of an unnecessary clash since Sydney are red and white. The main issue is whether you think red and maroon clash on the field/on TV. The AFL seems to have mixed opinions on whether it does. It's always deemed a clash when Brisbane plays Gold Coast, but when Brisbane plays Sydney the protocol has been jumbled. The last two meetings have been played in Brisbane with Sydney in their away Souths kit with red shorts, however the two meetings before that both teams wore their full home kit - but prior to that one team would always wear a clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spending September taking jabs and making excuses is the most Bombers thing ever. Have a great offseason.

geez you better hope you win now.

you know you dont play for the swans yeah?

his off season is the same as yours rofl.

No argument needed. 4 losing GFs in 10 years is horrendous.

It's poor, but i'd prefer it to being a perpetual spoon contender like say North, at least you have a shot getting to the grand final.

Last edited:
It's poor, but i'd prefer it to being a perpetual spoon contender like say North, at least you have a shot getting to the grand final.

zing

geez you better hope you win now.

you know you dont play for the swans yeah?

his off season is the same as yours rofl.
Of course I hope Swans win?

I can spend my offseason being proud of the club I support. You try to enjoy your summer too Mr Hird :)

weird feeling to this one in that
both teams are due and lost GFs very recently. Not getting ahead of themselves, no new generations of fans soaking up the novelty of the GF week experience. More like the footy gods have gone enough is enough, clearing the queue, one of them gets to be happy, no fairy tales or dynasties this time.

1995 probably the closest comparison in recent times. The 1993 & 1992/94 losers, neither side had won in 8+ years, had both been thereabouts for a few years (narrow finals misses in 1992 & 1993 as well). Overdue first GF meeting as well between inaugural vfl clubs.

Last edited:
Of course I hope Swans win?

I can spend my offseason being proud of the club I support. You try to enjoy your summer too Mr Hird :)

mates it's a game...............kicking a ball around.

Life goes on.

opposite for mine.

View attachment 2119029

Recent history says Lions. Last three outings have returned 13, 12 and 11 goals.

Prior form means nothing

Port had beaten Cats in Geelong this year and in Finals multiple times in at Adelaide Oval.
GWS had beaten Swans multiple times in Finals in recent years.

GWS had the wood on Brisbane twice during the year and won the last Final they played prior to this year.
Cats had beaten Lions at the Gabba this year and in multiple Prelims previously.

Whoever shows up on the day will win. Don't think any prior form will have any effect especially come Grand Final day.
It all goes out the window.

Both sides are coming off losing Grand Finals. Both want redemption.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back