AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 17 8.5%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 63 31.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 68 33.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Flashback to 1995:

Bears were 4-11, 3rd last, 45pts down at 3QT. End up making unlikely finals debut with a handy come-from-behind Swans assist in the final round. The next season going into the final round they were both equal top on the ladder.

Elsewhere, Fitzroy playing in the very first Canberra game (hosting the Eagles), the only season game ever played at the Bruce Stadium (even before the Brumbies played there), was also the beginning of the end, starting a 1-35 run. Jeff Bruce kicked a goal from his first career touch at his namesake stadium :smile:

Flashback to 1995:

Bears were 4-11, 3rd last, 45pts down at 3QT. End up making unlikely finals debut with a handy come-from-behind Swans assist in the final round. The next season going into the final round they were both equal top on the ladder.

Elsewhere, Fitzroy playing in the very first Canberra game (hosting the Eagles), the only season game ever played at the Bruce Stadium (even before the Brumbies played there), was also the beginning of the end, starting a 1-35 run.
Carlton continue to be dodgey flogs by dropping 2 games all year to the bottom 2 to fund the footy trip

Last edited:

I'm really excited to see the first 'State of Origin' AFL Grand Final between the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions, it's great for the AFL and two brilliant teams set to play each other adding to the rich sporting rivalry between NSW and Queensland. Already I don't want one of them to have to lose. First time that there has been a Sydney vs. Brisbane Grand Final, although their predecessors South Melbourne and Fitzroy did play the 1899 Grand Final, a thriller that saw the Lions home over the Swans by 1-point. Given the thrillers in this year's finals series, hopefully we will get a close GF next week.
If you understood 'State of Origin' it would be clear this game isn't it.

Hearing kat Perry has booted the Lions off the MCG so she can rehearse her pregame medley. Very disappointing the AFL would compromise the integrity of the grand final for a lip-synching has-been. #VICBIAS

Hearing kat Perry has booted the Lions off the MCG so she can rehearse her pregame medley. Very disappointing the AFL would compromise the integrity of the grand final for a lip-synching has-been. #VICBIAS
This is why i respect Mike Brady. No bullshit. Get on, perform the same 2 songs 83 years in a row and disappear for another year. He even changed one day in September to one day in October the year it was like some kind of musical genius

sounds a bit clickbaity to me. The pregame stuff (including Perry) usually practices earlier in the week, and it’s unusual a traveling side being there (staying on?) so early in the week hoping for an extra training session.

This is why i respect Mike Brady. No bullshit. Get on, perform the same 2 songs 83 years in a row and disappear for another year. He even changed one day in September to one day in October the year it was like some kind of musical genius
Ah that one day in October, where no campaigner is ****ing sober

sounds a bit clickbaity to me. The pregame stuff (including Perry) usually practices earlier in the week, and it’s unusual a traveling side being there (staying on?) so early in the week hoping for an extra training session.
Maybe they delayed her rehearsal due to the disagreement over set list.
Dillon not happy with two new songs, don't blame him. The new songs are being panned by the media. Five song set you can't waste almost 50% of it crap.

Picking on Essendon in September you savage. Thats like challenging Stephen Hawking to a drag race and then letting down his tyres
Maybe Stephen should have stuck to the Theoretical Physics board instead of heading over to the Little Athletics thread to talk shit. Don't worry about these guys, the media will pump those tyres back up in no time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did play there last week to be fair, and they are getting a captains run on the G anyway, what is the big deal? Singers do need to practice too. Both sides would love more time on the G but they have to keep the surface in its best condition

Not this GF. As someone from and spent way too many years in Sydney, they're just about the most loathsome supporter base in the game (hard call between Sydney and West Coast). Absolute theatre-goers / pretenders. The fact they use cardboard to clap instead of their hands says it all.

Hope the Lions maim them Saturday.

Yeah wearing Wizard hats isn’t cringe at all 🤣

That’s what a majority were saying about the giants and cats games. Yes please keep doubting us!
I’m not doubting Brisbane. They can absolutely win this considering they’ve dominated Sydney in recent history. I am just picking a side.
Im not sure how anyone can pick a winner with confidence
Agreed

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back