AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 29.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 84 34.9%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 35 14.5%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 3.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to note that those who seem to love the original Bears jumper design never had to watch their own team playing in it. Dumping it for the gorgeous maroon with gold chevron and white trim was the best and easiest decision we ever made, and losing the 1992-6 jumper was the most painful part of the merger for us Bears fans (obviously had to happen of course though)

Interesting to note that those who seem to love the original Bears jumper design never had to watch their own team playing in it. Dumping it for the gorgeous maroon with gold chevron and white trim was the best and easiest decision we ever made, and losing the 1992-6 jumper was the most painful part of the merger for us Bears fans (obviously had to happen of course though)
The darker maroon looked brown and the lighter maroon looked almost pink. They were both ugly but if I had to choose the lighter maroon was better. The 92-96 jumper was 10x better.

images (60).jpeg

There's only one man who's qualified to present the cup
🏆

View attachment 2118423
"Warrick Caaaapppppper you F******N BEAUTY"

Callum Mills update

Sydney Swans captain Callum Mills will not play in Saturday’s AFL Grand Final.

Mills trained this morning and after taking everything into consideration a joint decision was made by the club’s medical staff and the coaches to rule him out.

Mills initially strained his hamstring at training a fortnight ago.

Bizarre that they would wait until after he passes a fitness test to then cut him anyway.. should have just made the call earlier that they wouldn't risk it
We're flexing on the lions by cutting a perfectly healthy, fully fit All Australian player & club captain from our lineup. It's our version of the power stance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're flexing on the lions by cutting a perfectly healthy, fully fit All Australian player & club captain from our lineup. It's our version of the power stance.

Well...it could be a Sheedy era psyche out I suppose.

Rule him out Wednesday, name him on Thursday.

Longmire was never going to take the risk with Mills after being burnt with Reid 2 years ago

Yep, and truth be told Reid declaring himself fit that day has tainted my memory of his career. It was a selfish call on his part. Mills being part of the decision not to play only enhances my opinion of him.

GF cup presenters.

BL: Leigh Matthews.
SYD: Stuart Maxfield.

"Mills left coach John Longmire’s office “in tears” after the meeting that confirmed his fate, according to Channel 7 reporter Ryan Daniels."

Link

Man, I really really hope it's a psyche out, because otherwise it just isn't a good look, given they could have ruled him out a week ago.

"Mills left coach John Longmire’s office “in tears” after the meeting that confirmed his fate, according to Channel 7 reporter Ryan Daniels."

Link

Man, I really really hope it's a psyche out, because otherwise it just isn't a good look, given they could have ruled him out a week ago.

As a player, would you not be more angry if your coach ruled you out before you had the opportunity to try and recover?

Getting through the fitness test doesn’t necessarily mean he’s at the level of performance the coaches wanted/needed from him.

As a player, would you not be more angry if your coach ruled you out before you had the opportunity to try and recover?

Getting through the fitness test doesn’t necessarily mean he’s at the level of performance the coaches wanted/needed from him.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was told I had to do xyz, did xyz, and then got told nah.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pretty pissed if I was told I had to do xyz, did xyz, and then got told nah.
Best cricket team I ever played with had a bloke do a calf a couple of weeks before the finals and he worked miracles to get fit. Subsequently got through a fitness test on the Thursday night before and yet wasn't selected. The fracture it put though the team was like nothing I'd ever experienced before or since. Twenty years later there's still bad blood between some of the guys.

Hopefully the same happens to the Swans. /S

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back