AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 14 5.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 75 29.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 86 33.7%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 36 14.1%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I got no idea really. Alot depends on what lions team shows up. Are we gonna be accurate? Can Fort slow the dominance that Grundy should have? Can we kick straight?
Think it'll go down to the wire unfortunately (Can't stand close games when my team is playing). Not much between the two teams. But I hope Grundy can dominate Fort and the extra rest will give us the edge.

We’re already there. Collingwood have lost more GFs numerically than any other club by a long stretch, but we have the worst grand final win/loss ratio of any club, I believe. (That run of four consecutive GFs in the 1930s for only one premiership sure didn’t help!)
St. Kilda are worse. So are Freo and GWS. Admittedly that's more due to low number of grand Finals made than largely failing as Sydney have. Of the grand finals in the last 15 years Sydney have made this is the first one I'd have them as favourites and even then I wouldn't be surprised if Brisbane win.

Yep,, stopping Andrews is massive. Who gets that job?
Jordon? probably not
Parker? went alright against Allirr, but Andrews is a different kettle of fish
Hayward? done similar jobs in the past, and done them well.. but would the Swans sacrifice his game?
Parker against Andrews is a recipe for disaster for Sydney. Unlike Alir, Andrews is actually a decent one on one defender. Alir is excellent as 3rd man up or loose but put an opponent on him and he goes missing as shown last week. A better result for Sydney is a player like Papley or Hayward that are reasonable in the air but could hurt Brisbane at ground level (not that I think Brisbane allow those match ups).

Have a feeling that whichever side wins the match up of Parker vs his opponent wins this. Hayward sacrificing his game to curb Andrews and Parker benefiting has the potential to be the match deciding move. Genius if it works, dumb if it doesn't as Sydney have sacrificed an X Factor player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lions and Swans supporters. On a scale of 1-10 how confident are you of winning the GF?

6. Is there one more big effort left or have the last two weeks taken too much of a toll? I guess we'll only know when the final siren goes on Saturday. Last year I was so confident the Lions would win so I'm taking a more cautious approach.

Last edited:
Best cricket team I ever played with had a bloke do a calf a couple of weeks before the finals and he worked miracles to get fit. Subsequently got through a fitness test on the Thursday night before and yet wasn't selected. The fracture it put though the team was like nothing I'd ever experienced before or since. Twenty years later there's still bad blood between some of the guys.

Hopefully the same happens to the Swans. /S

I think more often than not it doesn't work out.

A cricket club I played at once selected someone for a final coming back from injury who they said passed a fitness text on thursday.

Chasing barely 100 and at 4 for not much this guy hobbles out to bat and made 1 hehe!

Nick Foot is a good umpire so deserved a Grand Final.

Sad they didn’t give Williamson the game. He really should be umpiring the Grand Final too.
Williamson is awful. Has zero feel for the game

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2024 GRAND FINAL - Swans v Lions Sat Sept 28th 2:30pm EST (MCG)

Back