Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Giants v Pies Sat March 9th 7:30pm AEDT (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maynard deserves 10 weeks for clawing Greene's face like a wild animal, we've seen the battles Sloane's gone thru with eye damage!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That right there is a perfect example of a goal umpire in perfect position needing to grow a set of balls and make a call instead of relying on the safety of a review at every available opportunity

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I know you can't expect players to account for every possible situation, but surely there's a lot of potential for injury when you elect to bump, particularly off the ball, though? Had the GWS player bent over or slipped or whatever then Mihochek's action would've had a high chance of head high contact. I know it didn't happen. But if it did it would be a discussion about him getting weeks because he chose to run at him and bump when he didn't need to. It's just a silly one to me that we judge this stuff on what happens, even if done of those cases seem to be bad luck, when there are intentional actions that could be worse.

FFS, why not have cameras on both the bigger posts that point towards the smaller posts next to them, so you can clearly see if it was marked behind the line or not.

AFL having a hard time sourcing blurry cameras from the 1970s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Opening Round 0 - Giants v Pies Sat March 9th 7:30pm AEDT (GS)

Back