Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither of these teams deserve to be in a Grand Final imo.
Agree.

Both teams finished in the 8 and have won the appropriate amount of games to make a PF.

Given they don’t deserve it, what should we do? Put Richmond and Collingwood in the 8 by default?

Agree.

Both teams finished in the 8 and have won the appropriate amount of games to make a PF.

Given they don’t deserve it, what should we do? Put Richmond and Collingwood in the 8 by default?

Give Carlton a triple chance (they'd still crash out)

Brisbane will be sore after last night. I hope they conjure up some fight and not get blown away. Would love to see them get a premiership. As much as I really like Geelong I think that an interstate GF would be amazing. Either way, Geelong making the GF is a good result. They’ve been an incredible club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane will be sore after last night. I hope they conjure up some fight and not get blown away. Would love to see them get a premiership. As much as I really like Geelong I think that an interstate GF would be amazing. Either way, Geelong making the GF is a good result. They’ve been an incredible club.
Good result for a Geelong fan, bad result for footy.

You Richmond nuffers need help.
Hehe, you've got me all wrong old mate. If the shoe was on the other foot the Lions would be hosting Geelong at the Gabba. I'm fuming. It's only fair the Cats get to play at GMHBABHBGBA stadium or whatever it's called. The name kind of reads as a sequence of music chords or the sound of some jungle drums being whacked away at. Nevertheless, this game should be played in Geelong.

Besides, there'd be less empty seats for the tv cameras to hide. 🤔😀😬😉

Geelong's small and medium forwards concern me. Our weakness seems to be hardworking half forwards that work up the ground and beat their man heading back towards goal, which is a real strength of Geelong's.

In the end being a decent shot at winning a prelim after 5 ACLs during the season having already come into the season with another one is a fair effort.

As usual, whether we kick straight or not is going to have a huge say. Round 6 vs Geelong we kicked 4.13 to 9.9. Last night we were 4.12 in Q3 before kicking 11.3 to end the match.

Hehe, you've got me all wrong old mate. If the shoe was on the other foot the Lions would be hosting Geelong at the Gabba. I'm fuming. It's only fair the Cats get to play at GMHBABHBGBA stadium or whatever it's called. The name kind of reads as a sequence of music chords or the sound of some jungle drums being whacked away at. Nevertheless, this game should be played in Geelong.

Besides, there'd be less empty seats for the tv cameras to hide. 🤔😀😬😉

We don't want it played there.

Geelong’s bottom 6 is superb. Everyone talks about superstars this and that, but they really don’t have a weak link. Sure Sydney may have them covered for their best 6, like Port did, but their next 17 I’d take over Sydney.

Re this game, if Geelong bring their pressure and take Neale and Zorko out of the game, I can see this being a comfortable win for the Cats.

I reckon if Geelong were playing at home at Kardinia Park they'd have this in the bag easily, but The AFL are gonna make it much harder for them at The MCG.

The laziest of lazy takes

Since we recruited Jeremy Cameron and then Tyson Stengle the year later

At the G - played 26, won 19, lost 7 (73% win percentage)

At KP - played 36, won 27, lost 9 (75% win percentage)

At KP (excluding North & WC) - played 29, won 20, lost 9 (68% win percentage)

Since we found ourselves a proper forward line we are much better suited to the open spaces of the G

Geelong's small and medium forwards concern me. Our weakness seems to be hardworking half forwards that work up the ground and beat their man heading back towards goal, which is a real strength of Geelong's.

In the end being a decent shot at winning a prelim after 5 ACLs during the season having already come into the season with another one is a fair effort.

As usual, whether we kick straight or not is going to have a huge say. Round 6 vs Geelong we kicked 4.13 to 9.9. Last night we were 4.12 in Q3 before kicking 11.3 to end the match.
Watching the game it is more than kicking straight. It’s the constant kicking long to goal square and behinds being rushed. It’s as much the ball use going in as it is the shots at goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back