Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 20.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 58 37.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 38 24.8%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats haven't been challenged since their rd23 loss to St Kilda having walked over WC and a disinterested Port.
Will have played 1 game in 4 weeks.

Brisbane are match hardened and clawed back a considerable deficeit twice last night.

Cats will be favourites and that'll suit Brisbane fine.

Better match-up against Brisbane than what it would have been against GWS.

Geelong's in better form now than what they were earlier in the year when they beat Brisbane at the Gabba.
The inclusions of Humphries, Mannagh & Neale have given us a lot more flexibility to move other players around the ground.

Tom Stewart may be right to go but he is still no certainty at this early stage.
You could argue we are in much better form then we last met too. Winning 12?? Of our last 14.

Geelong should be confident though. Will be well rested.

Cats haven't been challenged since their rd23 loss to St Kilda having walked over WC and a disinterested Port.

Brisbane are match hardened and clawed back a considerable deficeit twice last night.

Still salty?

That capitulation against Collingwood at the MCG a few weeks ago gives me hope.
It'll be a good game no doubt.

Winner of this game will win the flag.
Our last 2 losses we capitulated. We led gws by 30 in the 1st and there is no way we should of lost that Collingwood game.

No denying the expectations here is a cats win.

Cats fans overly confident is bizarre. Going to be a close one.

Cats are an extremely consistent, albeit low ceiling team. Brisbane's best is the best of any team, but they don't bring it near enough hence not making top four.

If the best of Brisbane turn up, they win by 2-5 goals. If they don't, the ultra consistent, professional Cats outfit will get it done.

Cats are an extremely consistent, albeit low ceiling team. Brisbane's best is the best of any team, but they don't bring it near enough hence not making top four.

If the best of Brisbane turn up, they win by 2-5 goals. If they don't, the ultra consistent, professional Cats outfit will get it done.

Who's overly confident?

How are they stats?

Opinions maybe.

Not nervous at all but prelims are usually tough so we'll see how we go.
Points of interest, call them what you want, they are relevant to the two teams path to the game.

You're nitpicking sure comes across as nervous though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Points of interest, call them what you want, they are relevant to the two teams path to the game.

You're nitpicking sure comes across as nervous though.

It's *your.

Geelong have played in a gazillion prelims.

Sounds like *you're the nervous one seeing as you keep mentioning the word.

Cats fans overly confident then claims Brisbane best is the best of any team 😂.

Both have been flogged big time throughout the year and neither team has big star players.

Yeah you’re right we’ve only got one 8-time all Australian and Brownlow medalist in our midfield, only one 5-time all Australian defender, and one 3-time all Australian Coleman medalist forward. That’s just on our side of the ledger.

Can’t speak for Brisbane either.

We need moar Richmond.

No good side has ever, ever been on the end of heavy defeats during a premiership year.

Not even Richmond when they won the flag in 2019 and suffered 6 losses of 6+ goals. Not even them. Their 67 point loss to Geelong that season was good for a bit of a giggle anyway/

It's *your.

Geelong have played in a gazillion prelims.

Sounds like *you're the nervous one seeing as you keep mentioning the word.
Lol, it was correct for my original sentence which I reworded, but yes, I forgot to change the spelling to 'your'.

Why would I be nervous of a game that doesnt feature my team?
Lions have nothing to lose, after a poor start to the year have progressed to a Prelim.

Historically we have been bad off byes but these days I would consider the freshness a massive positive.

Guys like Danger, Stanley, Duncan, even Jezza with his manic running up and down the ground, would have absolutely no chance of playing 4 finals back to back at their peak level of output.

Game, week off, game, week off, game. Perfect for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL 2024 Preliminary Final - Cats v Lions Sat Sept 21st 5:15pm EST (MCG)

Back